Stoops: “We go out to win every game and Louisville will be high on our list.”

Following Charlie Strong’s first win against Kentucky in the 2011 season, he famously told his players, “Now that we’ve beat them, we’ll never lose to Kentucky again.”

Matt shared that quote with Mark Stoops this morning and tried to get a rebuttal from him on the show.  Of course, Stoops knows what to say and what not to say, so he kept it simple but still acknowledged the importance of winning the Governor’s Cup.

He said, “We go out to win every game and Louisville will be high on our list.”

We’ll take it.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Stoops: “We go out to win every game and Louisville will be high on our list.”

1. Blue_In_Texas_Forever
    11:48 am January 17, 2013 Permalink

Stoops will be a “God” in Kentucky before this thing is over! Love him!

2. Man_O_War
    11:53 am January 17, 2013 Permalink

You’re an idiot.

3. Jack Nicklaus
    12:00 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Hey Man O War…you’re an idiot…an idiot for skipping the KY Derby back in the day.
    Not sure Stoops will be a “God” but I like what he says and how he says it. Proof will be on the field, but he gives us all great reason to be hopeful…something we have not had here in a while….hope.

4. MC
    12:08 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

#5. While I agree they probably won’t beat UL next season, who knows in the years to come? And if an awful UConn team could beat them last year, and an 0-12 Southern Miss can hang with them, you never know what can happen? Glad that there’s at least some buzz around the program again.

5. KT
    12:11 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

I would love to see us whip Louisville next year. I’ve heard a LOT of smack from UofL fans this year and I haven’t had a whole lot to dish back at them in the last few months.

6. ukinhc
    12:14 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Louisville is not, and never will be an unbeatable team. They had a really good year, but I will NEVER go into a game against them thinking there is no way we win. Especially this year, with the excitement that is going to be going on, being at home, and the Air Raid raining down on them.

7. Yo!
    12:15 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Yo! Upload the podcast!

8. BigBlueBrock
    12:20 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

FYI – Anyone looking for today’s KSR podcast will find it under the “Leach Report” section of WKJK’s podcast page at the moment. Looks like someone clicked the wrong thing when uploading it.

9. Podcast
    12:21 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Can we get a podcast today?

10. Charles Going to get
    12:29 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Stooped on

11. What a foolish, ridiculous statement from Strong. That may have been true as long as we had Joker, but to say “never”? Check yourself Charlie. You came within an eyelash of leaving for UT after saying that the BBN is better than UL fans.

BTW, would you say that Stoops…gets it???

12. Billy
    12:34 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

What a idiot Charlie Strong is, does he know that UK leads the all time series? I dont think that LOSERVILLE stands a chance this year, we have more talent than them except maybe at QB but I think that Bridgewater is over rated and would be maybe the 6th or 7th best qb in the SEC. Mark it down LOSERVILLE will never beat UK along as Stoops is the coach and I look for UK to be contending for SEC titles and BCS champs within 3 years if he keeps getting the recruits he has been getting.

13. Karen Sypher
    12:44 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

I want to go to dinner with him.

14. CardFan
    12:44 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Strong challenge us UL fans to be more like BBGedN…but there’s no way we could ever be decent human beings. We are the scum of the earth, face it Charlie…and embrace it.

15. Big O
    2:04 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Stoops — 3 and out!!!

16. UofL Fan
    4:23 pm January 17, 2013 Permalink

Saw this on twitter so I thought I’d give it a read. Not much excitement, said what you’d expect a coach to say. I don’t think the Cats will knock off the Cards nexr year & I certainly don’t agree with statements like UK has better players at each position other than QB & Bridgewater is overrated… But I think Stoops is the perfect fit for UK, just judging by the comments it’s great to see some excitement in the rivalry. It wouldn’t surprise me to see UK winning 7-8 games here in a few years. Go Cards & I’ll see you at Commonwealth in the fall

17. Go Cards!
    1:31 am January 18, 2013 Permalink

The gentleman who, with terrible grammar, promises that U.K. will beat UofL every year now is horribly ill-informed. Also, the notion that Kentucky currently has more talent is absurd as is saying that Bridgewater is overrated. Finally, claiming that Cards fans are “the scum of the earth” is so ugly and hateful as to suggest that the writer of that comment may be the actual scum. You guys lost to Western, and you want to point out our loss to Ucon? You haven’t beaten Florida in more than a generation, and we did in one go. I’m happy you may not be terrible next season because it makes the rivalry interesting. We’ll see you in the fall. Finally, I thought the moderators of this site removed hateful statements, but I suppose that’s only true when they’re against U.K. That’s pretty disgusting. I understand it is a Kentucky blog, but to allow hate speak is to endorse it. My father is a U.K. fan, and I am a UofL fan, and we would never resort to such petty name-calling or hateful bickering. CLEAN IT UP! SHOW SOME DIGNITY AND CLASS ON BEHALF OF YOUR BLOG, THE UNIVERSITY, AND THE COMMONWEALTH.

18. CatomicBomb
    8:51 am January 18, 2013 Permalink

We are forgetting one thing…. When Charlie says, “We’re never losing to them again” he is referring to their moral victories…. Since Loserville counts most of those as a ‘W’…