Stoops and the troops want to hear JoAnne’s call

BQNn7vXCMAA-Mgv

This morning, Tony Vanetti did his best to play nice while he hosted KSR in Matt’s absence. However, that wasn’t enough for JoAnne, a fired up fan who called in and absolutely let Tony have it. Listen to her chastise Tony and rant about how inferior Louisville is to Kentucky.

“I walk down the street and some UofL fan says to me, ‘You got on the wrong color.’ I look at him and say, ‘What are you, colorblind?!'”

I think that goes down as Call of the Year, don’t you?

Check out the rest of the podcast while you’re over there. And please, don’t piss off JoAnne.

48 Comments for Stoops and the troops want to hear JoAnne’s call

1. trey
    1:32 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

I have listened to this on repeat since i found it 20 minutes ago. I had tears in my eyes from its greatness. Well done JoAnne!

2. EASILY
    1:32 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

This was EASILY the call of the year. Pure GREATNESS. Awesome!

3. Catscatscats
    1:34 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone know when that offensive lineman is announcing his decision?

4. RealCatsFan
    1:35 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Over and under that this was actually JoAnne Pitino?

5. Wow2k
    1:35 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

So it’s okay for her to use and ethnic stereotype and have the call celebrated? Would KSR do the same if a racist stereotype call was made? Stay classy JoAnne piece of WT.

6. HaleYeah
    1:38 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

#5 – dead on. JoAnne is makes up that % of idiots in our fan base.

7. Who cares
    1:39 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

5. People like you are the reason everything is so politically correct now. It was a funny line, get over it.

8. trey
    1:40 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

3) he’s commiting at 6 et

9. Jason
    1:41 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Joann is bitch. And if I was her husband I would put her in her place.

10. yup
    1:42 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

5 & 6, in complete agreement with you. Why Tyler Thompson is celebrating a caller who used an ethnic stereotype is terrible judgement.

11. ukjonny9
    1:42 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Being part Italian I found that a little offensive myself. But it was certainly worth it for the rest of the call.

12. yup
    1:43 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

btw, isn’t Cal of Italian descent?

13. J in Orlando
    1:44 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

One side of my family is Italian and I thought it was a very entertaining call lol

14. realme
    1:45 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

If you guys don’t have enough of a sense of humor to enjoy that epic call, I don’t know why you’re on KSR at all. And number 8 Jason please go away and never come back.

15. Kristen Geil's Abs
    1:45 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Wisdom.

16. Everybody is thin skinned
    1:47 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Best call I’ve ever heard on KSR. Didn’t listen to the show due to vanetti’s dumbass being on there, so thank you for posting this call. Every bit of it rings true.

17. Italian
    1:47 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

I am not Italian but I love Italian food and I loved the call. Give Grandma a break…. everyone is always trashing the “Blue Hairs” and putting them all in one category

18. asdf
    1:55 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Listen to the comments. She didn’t criticize all Italians. Only ones who are greasy and little.

19. NO MATT JONES
    2:03 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Italian isn’t a race, you bunch of dumbasses. People who are of actual Italian ethnicity (not counting non-white immigrants) are “White.” So are other Southern Europeans such as Spaniards, Portuguese and Greeks. Not all white people are Anglo-Saxon or Scandinavian, some are Mediterranean. European is not a race although most native born Europeans are “White.” The correct racial term for Italian is Caucasian.

20. Laker Cat 18
    2:04 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Madison Southern’s Damien Harris just committed to Michigan.

21. UKBlue
    2:05 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Real Recognize Real

22. Do whut?
    2:07 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

#5 am I supposed to assume you were referring to the caller as a piece of white trash? If so and you were being ironic, kudos. If you weren’t shall we call you pot or kettle?

23. J in Orlando
    2:08 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

19 I didn’t see one post referring to it as a race…and everything you said is pretty common knowledge. If you’re going to hold yourself up by belittling others’ intelligence perhaps you should actually say something pertinent and, yanno, intelligent.

24. Wow2k
    2:10 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

#19 – specifically said ethnic slur. And #7 political correctness is out of control. That doesn’t make it okay to insult people’s heritage. I was just wondering why that was allowed, but it’s not okay to slam minorties or other races or ethnicities.

25. Wow2k
    2:12 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Do What? Exactly to your first point.

26. Do whut?
    2:13 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

#19 from Webster online: Main Entry: race
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle French, generation, from Old Italian razza
    Date: 1580
    1 : a breeding stock of animals 2 a : a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock b : a class or kind of people unified by shared interests, habits, or characteristics 3 a : an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species ; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group b : breed c : a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits 4 obsolete : inherited temperament or disposition 5 : distinctive flavor, taste, or strength…
    Perhaps you should look up the word before calling people “dumbasses” and more to the point she is obviously using someone’s ethnic heritage in a derogatory way.

27. yup
    2:14 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Today on KSR, Matt is on vacation, and we celebrate ethnic stereotypes!! Tune in at 10AM.

28. Wow
    2:14 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

19 are you retarded? First off its “dumbass'” there is no “es” for plural. Secondly Spanish people from “Spain” are not white lol they are Spanish. Christ read a book bro

29. Do whut?
    2:15 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

#25 gotcha.

30. Do whut?
    2:16 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

I mean understood 25.

31. L1C4 is LAME
    2:24 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

The call was great!!! Kinda felt bad 4 vanetti tho hes 1 of the few of them that doesnt talk sports out his ass. He knows they r little brother in basketball and they cant go toe 2 toe with alabama unlike the majority of the tards.

32. JoeMoney333
    2:24 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

YOUR STUPID… NUHUH! UR STUPED … – KSR Comment sections.

33. NO MATT JONES
    2:27 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

28, People from Spain are white. They have the same DNA haplogroups that are found all over Europe. The dark phentoypes of hair and eyes do NOT denote race. You read a book, you uneducated mongoloid.

34. Wildcatfan812
    2:46 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Haha…this is hilarious! Right up there with the “I Hate Tennessee” rant we all love and enjoy. I am downloading it so I can easily listen to it every day (before Tommy Turtleneck has it removed… : ))

35. DH
    2:49 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

The lady sounded like a spoiled little brat, regardless of the comment degrading Italians.

36. BT
    2:53 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Probably a good candidate for “post to be removed.” IMO

37. Suave
    3:00 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Why would KSR ever let a guy like Vanetti host their show anyway?

38. BigBlueFanClub
    3:02 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Well done Joanne. I understand that Matt needs a vacation but why does KSR put dumb asses like Tony and Cutler to replace him? Does KSR realize that Tony puts out garbage stuff on UK on his UL Radio show? Tony V. is the KING and Voice for all the stupid UL fans that UK fans all hate. Talking about killing your radio ratings for the month. Like Joanne, I refuse to listen to him. Sometimes Matt Jones is really out of touch with his UK fan base to put this ass clown on the Air talking about UK sports.

39. UK#1
    3:41 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

LOSERville SUX!!!! Get em grandma!!

40. ccaattss
    3:45 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

WAY TO GO JOANNE YOU R RIGHT. DON T KNOW WHY JONES PUT HIM ON AS HOST.FRICKIN UL PRICK. MATT SHOWS HE IS IN IT 100% FOR THE MONEY ,WHICH IS FINE,BUT DON T ACT LIKE YOU RE THIS GREAT UK FAN,BECAUSE AFTER TODAY ITS HARD TO BELIEVE

41. hmmm
    4:20 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Lucky Tony wasn’t Mexican. That insult would have sounded a lot worse.

42. KG
    4:22 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Way I see it-Matt can run this show however he pleases. It ain’t costing me one red cent.

43. PansyAlert
    4:43 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Such a coddled, pathetic world we live in. If you are offended by Joanne’s remarks, you are a pansy. Get over yourselves, lighten up, and stop being so damn pathetic.

44. Steven
    4:55 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Oh yeah you gotta watch out for those ‘Eyetalians’ and those ‘Oneabees’. Nice to see someone putting to good use their education from Deliverance Elementary School.

45. BigBlue
    5:39 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

I never liked it when Matt was host of KSTV and had Vanetti on. He was obnoxious and after UL won the title this year and he was on with Thomas Biesner he was even more obnoxious than ever. I hope he’s never ever on KSTV again. He is truly a Picktino fan all the way and should never be allowed to be on a UK show.

46. BKS
    8:09 pm July 29, 2013 Permalink

Joann for governor, you go girl

47. Truth