Stoops and Eliot visiting Hatcher today

After news broke last night on USC’s Rivals website that Hatcher was sticking to the Trojans, Mark Stoops and D.J. Eliot hopped in the first car they could find to visit Hatcher at Trinity High School this afternoon.  The UK staff believed they were in great shape to land a Signing Day signature from the star defensive end, until last night’s report with quotes from Hatcher’s mother saying he will attend USC.

However, the Rivals report does not have any quotes from Jason Hatcher, so his recruitment isn’t necessarily over.  It was a big blow to Kentucky, for sure, but it’s not over until Jason Hatcher steps forward and says it over.  That’s why Stoops and Eliot are meeting with him today to see what led his mother to speaking  up for USC.  They flipped him once and might have to flip him again.

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Stoops and Eliot visiting Hatcher today

1. jj
    2:26 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Gotta love the tenacity of this staff. They sent FIVE coaches to go see him today. You can tell Stoops knows what it takes in big time recruiting.

However, it doesn’t look good. It’s been thought that his mother was one of the big factors in getting him to not go to USC (because of the distance). So if she’s saying it, then it’s likely over. However I LOVE the move by the staff today.

2. Dumb & Dumber
    2:27 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

So you’re saying theres a chance!

3. Al's IndiCats
    2:28 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

With Kiffen at USC you have to know that something just isn’t right especially with what #1 just said!

4. Kanye Twitty
    2:28 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Regardless of whether or not we get him, I am so happy to see Stoops building a relationship with the staff at Trinity HS. The fact that Joker and co gave us no recruiting chance with any of those kids drives me insane. At least we will have a MUCH better chance with the next round of Hatcher/Quick studs to come out of Louisville.

5. Gitterdone
    2:32 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Evidently they don’t think he is solid in his commitment/recommitment. Either way, love it! Any news on the other big recruits?

6. Big Mike in The Wood
    2:33 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Yep it is reassuring to have a staff that seemingly wont give up without a fight

7. My job sucks
    2:34 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

I hope they can sway him back our way. Who would want to play for that doucher Kiffen anyway?

8. MustangCat
    2:37 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Thought they were in the house last night when she supposedly broke the story? Hear good and bad stuff on Hatcher, and family. Hope it all works out for the best in the end. Crazy recruitment. They may be better off focusing on Timmons more!

9. Seems
    2:40 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

I have to believe that anyone this staff brings in will be a cut above anyone the previous staff would have courted. I’ll take them sight unseen.

10. RICK
    2:43 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Ky wont get this guy but its good to see them fighting.

11. lolcats
    2:44 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

tenacity, desperation, whatever you want to call it. This kid should work at waffle house.

12. Marshall Harrison's roach clip
    2:56 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Whether we get Hatcher or not at least we know that we have a bulldog for a coach. Joker would have not even got to first base with this kid.

13. jake
    2:58 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

why go to usc? kiffin will last one more year there if he can keep his team from throwing haymakers at each other

14. jaws2
    3:00 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Drew I’d love to get this kid, but what makes you think we”re more solid with him than u of smell?

15. Hash
    3:04 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

13-I agree. USC had a disastrous season with a locker room fight amongst players after losing in the sun bowl! Wouldn’t surprise me if next season will be even worse than this one. Think USC was the only team in BCS history to be ranked preseason #1 and unranked at the end of the season! Kiffin won’t even last the entire season before they give him the axe

16. UofLol
    3:10 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Sorry 11 but Waffle House employment is reserved for UofLol graduates, so unless he commits to you all he can’t work there.

17. jd
    3:13 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Technically, so as not to be a violation, Stoops could only have incidental contact with Hatcher during this period. He would have to be at the school and “bump into” him while there as opposed to going there specifically to “visit” him.

18. Marshall Harrison's roach clip
    3:14 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

16) I thought that UL players were designated to make license plates. Maybe that’s after graduation.

19. jd
    3:14 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

That being said…I hope that we get him, and I am sure this is what Stoops is doing.

20. MtnCat
    3:17 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Hope that caravan of coaches goes to visit Momma Hatcher too!

That has to make you feel good that five coaches come a calling.

21. ukfastcat
    3:27 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

18. They do make a lot of license plates but not after graduation.
    Graduation is not a goal or reality at The U of Hell.

22. Jbooth
    3:31 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

God knows I love Stoops and staff. I wish I had Hatcher’s ability. I’d be excited about playing for him!!

23. Common Sense
    4:20 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

Jason Hatcher,

You are a big time DE in the nation and you are letting momma choose where you go. Do what’s best for you! Even if that actually means going to USC.

Sincerely,
    Common Sense

24. Larry linebeard
    4:47 pm January 30, 2013 Permalink

18….. We make the license plates in our prison work program, it could be before or after graduation depending on when we get locked up. L yeah!!!

25. iphone
    1:18 am January 31, 2013 Permalink

I just like the valuable information you provide on your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check once more here regularly. I am relatively certain I will be informed lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!