Steve Spurrier On the Cats

ksr

When I was a kid, I heard a man in town once say this about a teacher at my local high school: “of all the teachers in Middlesboro, he sure is one of them.” I always liked that quote and it came to mind again today as I read this gem from Steve Spurrier talking about the upcoming game with the Cats:

“We know that the meat of the schedule is down the road, but this is a game this week that’s one of 12.”

Thats right ladies and gentlemen….Kentucky football slogan for the ages…”WE ARE ONE OF THE 12!”

Article written by Matt Jones

29 Comments for Steve Spurrier On the Cats

1. CatGrad7072
    2:22 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Of course we’re not the meat of SC’s schedule; we’re the cupcake.

2. Oogie
    2:30 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Nah, you shouldn’t eat dessert before supper. We’re just an appetizer for the REAL SEC football teams to snack on while they wait for the main course to arrive.

3. ok, ok...
    2:37 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

While I appreciate a good joke about an ole man without his shirt on (especially, steven), do we really have nothing else? I mean, except for a fluke game 2 years ago, spurrier has OWNED us through 3 or 4 head coaches. I kinda wish USCjr would drop 80+ on us and after the game spurrier would say, “half those points were for ksr for posting pics of me – thanks matt, the USCjr fans have been wanting me to open up the offense.”

Just for comparison sake matt, do you have any pics of a shirtless joker – since that is all that really matters in college football – what your HC looks like shirtless.

4. Opti
    2:38 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

This is probably as nice a Spurrier quote about UK in my memory.

He must be really mellowing in his old age.

5. SteveM
    2:38 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

What is he supposed to say?

6. DavenderCatTheSequel
    2:39 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

USCjr can drub us by 80 & finish 4th in the SEC. We can drub their bball team by 80 & win the natl championship. Spurrier can suck one.

7. Joe
    2:39 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Pretty charitable by the OBC. I’d put us somewhere below their spring game.

8. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    2:42 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Spurrier…what else can you say? It says something about UK football that we’ve been terrible the entire time he’s coached in the SEC (90-01, 05-present). Two decades of suck.

9. RYNO
    2:44 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Rick Bozich’s neon spandex shorts are jealous.

10. You're dumb
    2:46 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

To the person who left the third post, you’re an idiot.

11. UKFootball
    2:47 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

We are the 8.333333333%

12. Really?
    2:50 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

So 11, you want to see a shirtless Matt Jones? Hmm, most guys on here are asking for pics of girls with big boobs. Steve wants shirtless Matt Jones pics.

13. Matt Jones
    2:54 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

#3 the picture was first posted in the Columbia, South Carolina newspaper in a profile of Spurrier’s weightlifting habits. So I am sure he is sitting at home furious that it found its way to a UK blog

14. Look Out Fireworks!
    2:55 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

We need a “Like” button for posts…

15. Same old, same old
    2:55 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

@ 11. This is the KSR m-o at this time of year. We can’t beat em so we will just insult them with stuff like the picture above and talk about how we will destroy you in basketball. This despite the fact that (1) 75% of SEC fan bases could care less about basketball and (2) none of our so called “rivals” but Louisville care about us. If our rivals had actually cared hordes of fans from South Carolina and Tennessee would have flooded to these pages to comment on the two posts concerning them the past two days. Instead its all UK fans… That my friends is the height of irrelevancy.

16. RKA
    2:58 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

You could hide a pumpkin in that guys belly button. Who is he??

17. WhoCares
    2:58 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

3 I think 67 qualifies as an “old” man, not “ole”. Also, does it really matter if they beat us 50-0 or 80-0? Wow, those extra 30 just for KSR posts really would hurt! We can’t laugh at him on the field but we can laugh at what a d*uche he is off the field.

18. Insult?
    3:02 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

15 where is exactly in Matt’s post is the insult? If this was a pic used in the paper, was the SC paper insulting him too? The only insults I see are in the comments, and they are even pretty tame. Oh and it’s “couldn’t” care less, not could. So you are saying we are irrelevant bc there aren’t any TN or SC trolls on here? Yeah, okay. Maybe it means that they have better things to do than troll other boards. Our football team is irrelevant, we all know that without needing trolls to prove it. I have no idea what other teams boards are saying bc I’m not a troll.

19. Rick
    3:11 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

If you dont like the picture it must look something like you.

20. OBC
    3:13 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Insulted? I think I look pretty damn good in that picture for a man who’s 67 years ‘young’. Let’s see what most of you guys look like at that age. Ah hell, I’ll probably go ahead and drop 50 on you guys again anyway.

21. MemphisCat
    3:14 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Not really a low-blow from the ball coach, do you think he wants Joker to leave the program? I think that is why the East coaches won’t run the score up, they need Joker to stay a few more years. I like coaches that take it one game at a time, if your team looks forward to another game you lose focus and sometimes the game.

22. Wild Turkey 101
    3:22 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Playing Kentucky is better than a bye week.

23. The Professor
    3:32 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

#21 you hit on something that we will see from all SEC schools: Jokers’ a great guy and can coach. Not sure of the first part, but I’m certain he not the second. He’s so soft that his team thinks their idea of getting up for a game is smoking a blunt.

24. paducahfan
    3:42 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

I was at UF in Fall 66 when Spurrier won the Heisman. We used to run into him at a restaurant/pool hall in the evening. He was an OK guy to hang out with, but if you played pool/darts/ping pong, etc, against him, DURING THE GAME he wanted to kill you. It’s his nature. He’s a competitor. Always was, always will be. Wish we had one like him. Even Joker told me once that he personally liked Spurrier, but he allowed that coaching against him was not fun.

25. Musehobo
    3:46 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Hard to notice how high he’s got those shorts till you look at his reflection. You gotta love people pulling their pants up to their belly button.

26. Calipartytime
    4:39 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

We’re #1…of 12 !

27. Cholesterol
    4:54 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

I’m comin for you Mr. Spurrier!

28. Beavis
    6:30 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

That is not Steve Spurrier,,,,it is Vladimir Putin

29. Manchester
    7:19 am September 26, 2012 Permalink

What’s the difference between God and Steve Spurrier?

God doesn’t think he’s Steve Spurrier.