Steve Francis and the Finer Things (Thursday Show Thread)

This is terrible.

It’s the age old saying, “All rappers want to be athletes and all athletes want to be rappers.” The same goes for radio. All Kentucky Sports Radio radio show hosts want to be Conway Twitty.

Tune in this morning to hear some Conway Twitty and listen to Matt Jones talk all things UK.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080 or send a text to the TEXTING MACHINE at (317) 385-5148

Topics include:

— KSTV’s interview with Nerlens Noel

— The Croatian Sensation on campus

— The NFL Draft

— Much more…

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

377 Comments for Steve Francis and the Finer Things (Thursday Show Thread)

1. WildontheCats
    9:57 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Now that the NCAA has relaxed the guidelines for preseason exhibition games UK has been able to schedule in state Non-D1 schools like Transy and Pikeville. I’ve really enjoyed those exhibitions and have a suggestion for next season. I would like to see UK play the Billy Clyde traveling All-Stars. I think the BBN would love to see two starting line-ups that look like this:
    PG: Ryan Harrow vs. GJ Vilarino
    2G: Archie Goodwin vs. Konner Tucker
    SF: Alex Poythress vs. K.C. Ross Miller
    PF: Kyle Wiltjer vs. Dominique Ferguson
    C: Nerlens Noel vs. Dakotah Euton

2. Azubuike's Bicep
    9:59 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, I have an idea for the blog. This is probably dumb, but because I’m the one who thought of it, I have an unusual bias toward it, and I think its genius.

Here goes:

Once a week, you have a post dedicated to the commenters. The post could maybe have the “Top ten comments of the week,” which would consist of the best laugh out loud comments. You could maybe also have the “Commenter of the week,” (which would probably consistently be sexn’, or Jax.) Also, you could have the Troll of the Week, which would obviously be dedicated to the most ignorant rival commenter.

Now, I know that this may dilute the comments a bit because everyone tries to be funny on here, and only about 10% of their comments actually are, but it may also contribute to more participation, which would also potentially draw more of an audience not just to the posts themselves, but also the comments section of each post.

3. Jax Teller
    10:03 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Screw Conway Twitty, I vote we come back from each break with BSB today. Lets test Ryan’s knowledge of all things Backstreet.

4. Allen
    10:04 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Sweet! Looks like the KFC Yum! center is not one of the show topics today. I get sick of hearing about that place. Who cares!

5. mj
    10:05 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

#4 not a bad idea

6. Beans
    10:06 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Can we make some prop bets on Shannon The Dude’s Its Just Lunch date tonight?

7. Jax Teller
    10:08 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

You know what you said Matt. Keep her name out of your filthy mouth.

8. Travis
    10:09 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt…it was probably Nate’s mother or girlfriend. #KeepHisNameAtYoMouth

9. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:09 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Maybe she had a Bluetooth ear bud on?

10. Beans
    10:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Was the lady Brassow’s girlfriend?

11. Kidnut
    10:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

LOL, it’s just like we make fun of missing items and saying Richie did it.

12. Namaste
    10:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

If a buffalo wheat thin is eaten in the forest, can you still hear the disappointment?

13. GummyBear
    10:12 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Has Ryan never listened to this show, seen the TV show or read the website…EVER! He never knows what you are talking about.

14. Fake Sirni
    10:13 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Somerset Here, but have listened with iHeart radio for a year and half, so doesn’t really matter.

15. JayCee
    10:14 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

You still cover the majority of what I guess would be considered north-western Ky. Morganfield and Madisonville both put out a strong signal that reaches the river.

16. TommyLasorda
    10:14 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Please, get to the greater London/Corbin tri-county area! All we have around here is a pathetic Knoxville station with a bunch of UT Homers.

17. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:15 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m a Columbia native, however, my moniker indicates that I listen in Knoxville.

18. thewaitfor8
    10:15 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Crean seems nice but when he talks I want to punch him in the face.

He’s that kid from grade school that always kissed up to the teacher and complained about everything.

19. BlueFins
    10:15 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

K1IUCULater

20. Mike GH
    10:16 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

After the way the IU fans acted in December, in the arena and more so around town to the visiting UK fans, they can burn for all I care. They don’t deserve the opportunity to play us.

Dump the Whosiers, retain UNC. Dropping UNC for IU made me mad in the first place.

Schedule a Kansas or UCLA in their place. That’s much more appealing for me.

21. Backspacer
    10:16 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Can we pickup the Bobcats instead of Indiana??

22. Jax Teller
    10:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Personally, I don’t care if we end the Indiana series. Indiana hasn’t been relevant in my lifetime so I don’t have the hatred for them that the older UK fans do. You add a high-major school to the schedule and I’m good with dropping IU. Add a “gimmie” game and I’m against it.

23. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    10:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I couldn’t be happier about the UK-IU series ending. IU’s lack of relevance over the last two decades proves that they need the game more than UK. Plus, I’m still fuming over the disrespect and ugliness that the whoosier fans demonstrated at Bloomington last year. Screw’em. UK doesn’t need’em.

24. Biggass Hungguy
    10:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt Jones, they tore the Hoosier Dome down when they built the new football stadium.

25. thewaitfor8
    10:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Serious question. What is IUs argument for not having the game on a neutral site?

26. cats1068
    10:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I could care less about IU. And I remember the 70’s and 80’s battles. But all good things must come to an end. I would rather play UNC than IU.

27. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

There is no Hoosier Dome anymore. It’s either Lucas Oil or Conseco fieldhouse or what used to be Conseco fieldhouse.

28. The Big Blue Needle
    10:18 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Cal has said he wants to have an undefeated team, 40-0. Why not let him drop a few tough games to give it a shot. If we go on many Final Four runs, the regular season will become irrelevant to UK fans like it is to rest of the country anyway.

29. Joe Walsh
    10:18 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

In Somerset, listening on FM (thank you) to WKYM!

30. thewaitfor8
    10:19 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt her family and friends know what you said about her. Keep her name out ya mouth.

31. JBazz
    10:19 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

It all depends on who Indiana is replaced with. If it’s a marquee home game, fans will get over it. If it’s a neutral game, there may be some grumbling since the Carolina series appears to be going away as well. Who would the marquee non-conference home game be this year if it’s not Indiana? Louisville and Carolina would both be on the road and the Big East challenge will be on the road as well.

32. scoddee
    10:20 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Home and home is the Mercedes-Benz. Cal’s way, Hyundai.

33. Edd
    10:20 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

For me, IU will always mean Bobby Knight. Glad to have them off the schedule.

34. Backspacer
    10:20 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Better odds?? Indiana on schedule, UK Football 6 wins or Ryan singing in a boy band???

35. Jimi,Garden of Eden
    10:21 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Wow how times have changed…knight wouldn’t play home and home,wouldn’t come to Rupp and now leather face wants a home and home? Really don’t care about the series…

36. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:21 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The number one reason for holding a neutral site game with Indiana is to protect Larry Vaught’s Commodore 64. That thing almost got smashed in Bloomington.

37. Rockfield,KY
    10:21 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Although Matt and I disagree on George Strait, I appreciate that he likes real country and knows Rascall Flatts is a terrible pop group.

38. thewaitfor8
    10:21 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

With Matt always so concerned about people being upset with him, wouldn’t it be great of random people just came up to Matt every few months and expressed anger or frustration for him saying something.

39. NegativeForNoReason
    10:21 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Playing away games don’t help anything. No away games or hostile environments for UK in March/April.

40. BPM
    10:22 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I grew up on and loved the neutral site IU games. However, I have no problem dropping IU – provided we don’t start playing a weak non-conference schedule instead. As long as we continue to have at least 4-5 big non-conference games I don’t care who we play. Drop IU. Can’t stand the team or the fans.

41. Rockfield,KY
    10:22 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, I still remember Kelvin’s teams kicking our butts a couple years before Tubby left. I still hate Indiana and I’m 29.

42. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:22 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Does UK get the booze revenue from neutral site games?

43. Tony
    10:22 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I had much rather have UNC on the schedule than Indiana.

44. bluefan
    10:22 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

BTW, Matt, Bennett adding Memphis to his list is just a rumor. He tweeted at around 10 last night that his list remains exactly the same.

Really enjoyed Nerlens skye interview on KSTV!

45. CatHeadPhred
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

vi-eenies

What happened to the trophy tour diary?

did I miss it?

46. DavisBrow
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

With IU getting back into the fold of being a contender, losing both UNC and IU from the schedule hurts our case with having a tough non conference schedule. If they can get some other stuf to replace IU, then make it work. I love the IU matchup though. I am only 23, and I understand the rivalry because I am around people who understand the rivalry.

47. Bobby Digital
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

As a 25 year old UK graduate (born outside of KY), I really don’t care about the IU series. It sounds cliche but in Cal I trust.

48. The Big Blue Needle
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Poop State has a terrible RPI

49. Travis
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Rascal Flatts is NOT country or country-rock. It’s pop-country which is not country. I stopped listening to country music in 2000. The only good country musician (current) is Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses. I like him and his music because he does not sound or look like pop-country…he has the sound of old, outlaw country and they def do not look pop-country.

50. J in Orlando
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

No more home & home with IU…how many Playmates must we sacrifice for the sake of this series?

51. Bobby Digital
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt Jones, why must you oppress the The Truth? Allow the man to speak. Nothing brightens my work day like hearing:

“Next caller, we have John…”
    “HEEEEEEEEY LITTLE JIMMY!!!!!!!”

52. Charlie Day
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m in my 30’s. I really don’t care about the Indiana game. There’s a better game we could schedule at a neutral court site. My only fear is some crappy team is then scheduled for a home game.

53. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:23 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

No it was definitely Matt that said Hoosier Dome.

54. Frank Snotra
    10:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Let Indiana play Louisville. Their fan-bases deserve each other.

55. Kige Is the [email protected]
    10:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

In their defense, Poop State has a strong #2 guard. Too bad he can be a bit streaky.

56. Seneca
    10:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Hoosier game:
    1. We are NOT afraid of the Hoosiers. We played them when they were good for decades.
    2. If they feel they need a home game to win. Who’s afraid now?
    3. I’m an older guy from Owensboro. The IU/UK game is my rivalry. You youngsters: didn’t last years game do anything to teach you that this IS a big game.

57. Jimi,Garden of Eden
    10:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

32…then why is your team driving rusty,Metropolitian Nash?

58. sam malone
    10:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

End the series now we hold the last victory over them, putting them out of tourney. You know it eats at them and not playing them will kill those idiots screw IU.

59. James K
    10:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

You don’t wanna play a home and home with Poop State. Hard to play with a ‘Who Farted’ face the whole time.

60. BlueFins
    10:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ryan has demonstrated his toughness with random peoples cars. Let Ryan go up to Assembly Hall and represent UK. This time Matt won’t save your ass, Ryan!

61. Shouto
    10:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

It would be interesting to know what the net dollars are for the colleges of a home and home verses a neutral site match. Wonder how much the neutral sites dollar take off the top?

62. scoddee
    10:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Way to go Ryan, home & home. Matt feels the same, let’s see if he admits it.

63. Put me on Line 4
    10:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Why would we want to play Texas?? This sucks just as bad as Notre Dame maybe even worse…

64. PittDaddy
    10:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

65. Wayne Rooney
    10:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

While I respect the tradition of the game, IU’s lack of relevence over the last 20 years make it a less exciting game for recruits to watch & much less of a TV draw nationally. Making money, exposure of the brand & exposure to recruits is the goal.

66. Backspacer
    10:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’d like to see us play Ohio State. Great program, boarder war, national attention.

67. Bobby Digital
    10:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

No offense intended but can we please limit Mr. Short to 1 or 2 calls per week?

68. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:26 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Can the two schools please just sign the John Short Accord? “The Hoosiers of Indiana and the Wildcats of Kentucky shall play forever and ever”

69. JayCee
    10:26 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Man, I’d take a rust Nash Metro in a heartbeat. Those things bring serious money these days off parts alone.

70. Boo WHOO Hoosiers
    10:26 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, How do you feel about people discrediting UK’s championships before the tournament was moved up to 32 teams? I got UL & IU fans grilling me saying that UK shouldn’t count the first 4 because there weren’t that many teams in the tourney. I’m sure you’ve addressed this in the past but I must have missed it.

71. Tampa Satchel
    10:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m 40 and remember many of the great Uk v IU games. I was lucky enough to have luxury box suites for a number of games in Indianapolis and enjoyed them immensely.

Having said that, to me, you’ve got to evolve not hang on to outdated traditions. Let’s leave the schedule open to schedule neutral games against currently relevant teams.

Playing IU gives us very little, but playing, say, UCLA next year would be huge.

72. PittDaddy
    10:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Agreed 66.

73. zack
    10:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Henderson!!

74. Rockfield,KY
    10:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I had jury duty twice by the time I was 23. Then I got called again right before I moved away from KY.

75. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

We have to keep the IU series going. It is my only opportunity to annually see a butt cut.

76. Kidnut
    10:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

We should refuse to play Indiana because of how the college kids treat the Bloomington locals, “Cutters”.

77. cats1068
    10:28 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, I see what you’re saying but this is 2012. UNC, KU and Puke are the matchups I would rather see UK play instead of IU.

78. PittDaddy
    10:28 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

This guy sounds like a Stern crank yanker

79. Al's IndiCats
    10:28 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Living up here when UK and IU played at the Hoosier was one of the few times we as UK fans got to see the CATS. I would hate to see the series go. It’s been a rivalry for many moons…….and it gives us who live in Indpls. bragging rights to shove it back into the “Bobby Backers” nfaces after the game. Texas, Oklahoma, is not a rival.

80. scoretowin9
    10:28 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Nate calls into the other shows under the name “The Governor”.

81. New Day Co-Op
    10:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky has won 16 of the last 21 games against the Hoosiers. Several of those have been absolute blow outs and, until this year, almost all the games were not competitive. We will see if Dwight Schrute will eat his words when we play a Top 5 team and they schedule McNeese State at home.

82. Jonesing
    10:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

It’s like you’re talking right to me directly.

83. Kidnut
    10:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, he was a big believer in the Mayan Calendar.

84. REAL BLY
    10:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Hey Steve!!!

Awesome!!!

85. scoddee
    10:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Hey I know my name too.

86. Edd
    10:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Tradition is worst reason to do anything.

87. The Big Blue Needle
    10:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The Big Blue Needle… The Big Blue Needle? Yes…

88. JB_UK
    10:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Guess everyone who wants to call into restate your name when Matt says your name lol

89. J in Orlando
    10:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The aircraft carrier has been done, so UK should play IU on the deck of a pontoon boat…winners get to push the losers in…

90. anlamp1
    10:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

We should play IU and the loser has to pay for the new bridges.

91. Steve/James
    10:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

KEEP YOUR CHANGE!

92. cats1068
    10:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, now you are dogging Hardee’s. What’s next ,DQ?

93. j
    10:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Hey did you know that tonight is the Dwight Yoakam show at Renfro Valley?

94. C Ray
    10:31 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

That Mislav feller reminds me of a more likable, less foo foo, version of Nick Calathes…. Minus the Jai Lucas connection, and tread lines in his hair and eyebrows.

95. Kidnut
    10:31 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

If you remove his hair and glasses, Crean would make a great Homer Simpson…though I don’t feel too good about making fun of a good friend of our coach.

96. Tony
    10:31 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

71- I agree. I had much rather keep UNC and leave that IU date open for other big games.

97. scoddee
    10:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

80- That’s right

98. Backspacer
    10:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

If UK was Twitter, IU would be stamped mail.

99. Edd
    10:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Can you negotiate Dave Ramsey and Louisville Help Wanted out the door?

100. Hoss_Cat
    10:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

That is the worst flippin song I’ve ever heard in my life. I’m a dang redneck and i could make up a better rap song than that. pitiful

101. Hardee's
    10:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt you know what you said…

102. Jimi,Garden of Eden
    10:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

69…Touché on your Nash comment but you missed what I was trying to say to the Peckerhead…

103. The Big Blue Needle
    10:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Is there a group of people who need a Wall Street Journal report less than KSR listeners?

104. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

If we continue the series, ESPN should require Bobby Knight to do the games. I’m trying to find ways to get his head to explode.

105. hoodyhood
    10:33 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

#89 I agree!

106. SeoulCat
    10:33 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Stevie Francis’ video represents everything that is wrong with America:

-Love of money? Check.
    -Materialism? Check.
    -Fat women? Check.
    -Inexplicable self-confidence in one’s ability to make music and an even more confounding desire to broadcast those “skills”? Check.

107. Delaney Hanley
    10:34 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

That is a UL fans mindset they know alot about not winning championships since it’s been 26 yrs since their last one. Their red banners are turning black due to all the dust on them.

108. Chicago
    10:34 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Holy crap did anyone else hear that RIDICULOUS Dave Ramsey commercial about the “19.99/month CAT! A CAT! HHAHAH A CAT!” That guy needs to join Seth Davis in some hot yoga and calm down.

109. Tampa Satchel
    10:34 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Hey Dave Ramsey, I heard some UK fans put a Cat autograph on a payment plan.

110. Shouto
    10:34 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Booby Knights head will explode when he takes it out of his a##.

111. JayCee
    10:34 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

101- hahahaha

112. Jonesing
    10:34 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m young and you know it. Miss you Matt.

113. Oglethorpe
    10:34 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

you can see the video on Youtube of the car accident where the TLC member dies.

114. TommyLasorda
    10:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, are you even on in Middlesboro? London/Corbin really needs KSR in their life!

115. cats1068
    10:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, I’m of the older audience and IU doesn’t mean anything anymore. UNC is a better matchup.

116. Loosier
    10:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

25 – I don’t know what the school’s reasons are but this is what I’ve heard from their fans: We don’t have an adequate facility like their neutral site would be…the Cards won’t let us play in Yum and “Freedom Hall is a dump”. Then they say even if we were to play in Yum, it has less seats than Rupp so that somehow makes Yum inadequate to IU’s neutral site. Also they think they would give Cal his first loss at Rupp and we are just running from that.

117. Delaney Hanley
    10:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

If you go to the Waterfront for Thunder that is certainly being amongst them.

118. Tom Crean's butt cut
    10:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

What’s the deal with http://www.gamedayvote.com/ ?? It’s been overwhelmed for 3 days.

119. JayCee
    10:36 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

108- not possible. Dave already has to use an outdoor studio b/c his ego won’t fit through most doors.

120. Josh
    10:36 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Heres the issue for me… I am a season ticket holder and it seems as if the home schedule (not many big non-conference games at home and a sucky SEC). I understand that neutral court games are great, but we pay a LOT for tickets and seeing some good games at home makes it worth it.

121. C Ray
    10:36 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

We should get a series going with Valpo or Butler just to piss Indiana off. Or maybe an Indiana State

122. Kidnut
    10:36 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I wonder if Dave Ramsey heard about the Louisville payment plan for the YUM center?

123. DrSayre
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

80- What shows does Nate call into and how often?

124. Jeff
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

‘I grew up in Indiana’ – why would you admit that?

125. Put me on Line 4
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt why do you always pick on Shannon the Dude so much? Just leave him and his Vans Sneakers and Fray posters alone.

126. J in Orlando
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Crean knows without the Assembly Hall crowd, complete with the threat of a stampede, is the advantage they need to win in this series…

127. TommyLasorda
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Wait! Kentucky Chucking sounds like Bomani Jones! I’m suspect!

128. James K
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The pressure is on IU fans to show up at a freaking huge non-conference rivalry game in their own state. That’s not UK’s fault.

129. Charlie Day
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

No, Ryan. It WAS one of the premier rivalries.

130. Kidnut
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Indiana has the feel of a 70s living room, outdated and boring. Let’s get the stale taste out of our mouth and move on.

131. BlueFins
    10:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, pick a team

132. Bobby Digital
    10:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Tara Bilby’s insinuating question is fundamentally flawed.

Cal is not more important than the tradition of the UK program. However, the fact of the matter is that after winning a title and re-establishing UK’s prominance, Cal has engrained himself as a part of that tradition. The two (Cal and tradition) are now one in the same.

133. MikeB
    10:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Indiana doesn’t want to play us at neutral sites because they can’t keep us from getting tickets in Indie like they can in Bloomington. We dominated both neutral sites. and by dominate I mean we could almost get half our fans in Indie, and most of the seats in the ville. That is their problem but they don’t want to say it.

134. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, you know that in the end the National writers will paint UK as the bad seed if this series ends. It will all be UK didn’t want to play. I GUARANTEE UK will be the bad guys in the eye of the National Media if this ends even though BOTH schools will be equal in blame.

135. Pat
    10:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Lets talk about a new rivalry that is coming this year. Mizzou will be a good rivalry in the future.

136. Jimi,Garden of Eden
    10:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I want a home and home with ucla…

137. Karen
    10:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

No Indiana? So . . . we won’t have to look at candy stripe pants. Let’s instead play a neutral site game in Nashville or St. Louis.

138. Tampa Satchel
    10:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

120 Josh has a good point. Do you please the season ticket holders (small, but important minority) or the general fans, team budget and potential recruits?

139. backagain
    10:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Recruiting has an impact on scheduling and vica versa. We need to play in games that draw a national audience and are in areas where UK recruits. Indiana does produce good players in state, but until their program gets back to sustained excellence, it is not a national audience. Drop it for a while.

140. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Cats vs. Texas Tech in Cowboys Stadium. Please happen before Billy Clyde’s termination.

141. Travis Ford's Jersey
    10:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Im sitting in biomechanics trying not to pay attention to anything other than the show thread

142. Edd
    10:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Does Cal’s friendship with Crean come into play here?

143. Jax Teller
    10:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Bottom line Ryan is an Indiana guy, his family is from there, so this rivalry is huge for him.

144. BlueFins
    10:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

So Shannon is a Vandy fan and Ryan is an IU fan?

145. Charlie Day
    10:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ryan. Doc Brown will take you back to the 70’s if you want.

146. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    10:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ryan – You’re speaking with bias. You grew up in Indiana so you have more emotional attachment to the UK-IU series.

147. lane taylor
    10:42 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

i agree with ryan, the indiana series has been great for so long that it should mean more to this fan base than texas in nashville.

148. Schwinny
    10:43 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

December 31st is the day we have been playing louisville on but thats on a monday this year, will they really play on monday…

149. REAL BLY
    10:43 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

We should replace the IU game with the Charlotte Bobcats…..

150. Rockfield,KY
    10:43 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

#GordonPlan

151. cats1068
    10:43 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, the IU rivalry is a thing of the past. It’s 2012, not 1984. I would rather play teams that are relevant. IU, except for this past year, has been irrelevant.

152. BlueFins
    10:43 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The Gordon plan would be good if we did not have to play in bloomington!!

153. Travis
    10:43 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m in for the Gordon Plan!

154. Kidnut
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I am on with the Gordon Plan

155. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m pro Gordan Plan.

156. The Big Blue Needle
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

That was the most antagonizing call I think you have taken Matt.

157. Joe
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Gordon and J.T. for office 2012!!

158. Goof Troop
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Does anyone else get the impression that Cal and Crean aren’t as good of friends as they let on? I’m not sure why but I feel like their ‘friendship’ isn’t sincere. The two guys just seem like polar opposites. Crean is a nerd.

159. Jeff
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Stop being so condescending…

160. JBazz
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Count me in on the Gordon Plan and then see where it stands after we go 4-0 during that contract.

161. Tony
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I don’t think Ryan has been completely cleansed of his Hoosier blood. He is sounding like a typical IU fan right now.

162. Bro_Low
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Gordon, you did “come up with something” there. I like it! I can’t see Crean going with it cause again, it’ll be like Indiana has 1 home gaime and UK has 3.

163. Allen
    10:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Somerset with Harvard graduates? Matt, have you ever been to Somerset?

164. Put me on Line 4
    10:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The Gordon Plan is a great idea, and add in to switch schools every four years.

165. C Ray
    10:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

#DaGordonPlan Now trending

166. Jimi,Garden of Eden
    10:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’ll go with the Gordan Plan…iu would still bitch…

167. LoganBleedsBlue
    10:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Gordon’s plan makes perfect sense! That way neither university has to back down. It has been spoken let it take place.

168. Real Cats Fan
    10:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

LMAO! I had WHAS on in the background in our shipping room, and I guarantee “THE TRUTH” just called in to Mandy Connell whining about Cal being the grand marshall in the Pegasus Parade! He said his name was “Robert”, but I would recognize that loud, halitosis laced mouth anywhere. And Mandy’s reply to him was priceless! She said, “Truth be told, there are a LOT of UK fans here in the City of Louisville.” I absolutely LOVE it!

169. Nope
    10:46 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Fact is that IU needs this game more than UK. This game gives IU the national attention it needs whereas UK doesn’t need this game to get national attention.

170. Chicago
    10:46 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Gordon plan! Let’s do it. That way it gives fans in a variety of geographic areas the opportunity to attend the games. Neutral site games allow non-season ticket holders easier access to tickets and gives everyone more of an equal opportunity to attend the games. The season ticket holders are happy, everyone else is happy. Lets do it.

171. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    10:46 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

LSU offered Mislav according to Alex Kline.

172. cats1068
    10:47 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

When are we as fans are going to stop worrying what people say about UK and us fans? People will never like us no matter what UK does. UK should do whatever they want and the rest of them will just have to deal with it.

173. Blue_in_LEX
    10:47 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

hey Ryan, how about a little respect for Mr.Curd. I’m sure he doesn’t appreciate being called “turd”

174. scoretowin9
    10:47 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I have only heard him on the Underdogs. The voice is unmistakable. He called in right after the shows at the mall to apologize for the way Matt treated Vanetti. I don’t listen often to that show and that is one of two times I have heard “The Governor”.

175. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:47 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

168- Like Clockwork

176. Jonesing
    10:47 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Please FB me Matt

177. Rj
    10:48 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, set up a debate between Gordon and the truth over the IU/UK series. Turley Curd could be moderator.

178. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:49 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Truth has perfected the art of talking without his lips touching together once.

179. Little Jimmy
    10:49 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

YES! Thank you! I have missed The Truth.

180. Wayne Rooney
    10:50 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Evan Daniels has been tweeting & the Scout message boards mentioning rumors of Trocha reclassifying to the 2012 class. Coach Cal watched him in March.

181. Tampa Satchel
    10:51 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Mislav so horny!

182. Travis
    10:51 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Do payphones still exist? Can you imagine people walking by and they hear the Truth yelling at the phone and acting a fool?

183. backagain
    10:53 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Willie Cauley is 5 times better than Eloy.

184. Tampa Satchel
    10:53 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

We don’t have any Serbs on the team do we?

185. Tony
    10:55 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Cauley may not be as advanced as Orton defensively but he is about the same offensively.

186. Possible Transfer
    10:55 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Why is Cal not looking at Trent Lockett? 6′ 5″ guard from Arizona State that shots 41% from three, avg 5.8 rbs, 2.2 assist, 1.5 stls, and 13 pts a game. He was all PAC-12 as both a player and student-athlete. He is eligible to play next year (as both a graduatating junior and because of hardship — his mother has cancer). Seems like a better option than Lyons IMO.

187. Charlie Day
    10:55 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

screw the indiana series. there’s better teams to play out there.

188. New Day Co-Op
    10:55 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Does any other school have so many “locked in” non conference games? We have IU, UNC, UL, Big East Challenge, Mich St KU and Duke for 3 years…

189. BlueFins
    10:55 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, SHUT UP!! Tired of hearing about IU and Indiana. Both suck!

190. Jax Teller
    10:55 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

20-25 years ago the original Bat-mobile was still cool too.

191. GPA
    10:56 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Has Bennett not qualified yet? That is the only reason I can think that he hasn’t taken any officials yet. Anyone know?

192. Backspacer
    10:56 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

20-25 years ago Ryan could have been in a Boy Band.

193. Jax Teller
    10:56 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

185 – So we get to look forward to 3-4 goal tending calls a game?

194. zack
    10:56 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

ryan really wants to play IU

195. BlueFins
    10:56 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Are you still talking about IU, Ryan? You are a total homer.

196. thewaitfor8
    10:57 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

We beat them in the tournament! Who cares if they beat us in reg season!

197. cats1068
    10:57 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, didn’t UK beat IU on the way to the championship? To me, that was payback.

198. Charlie Day
    10:57 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

ryan, did you even watch the 2012 tourney? UK got their revenge against the hoosiers in the sweet 16.

199. Beans
    10:57 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Saying “Oh yaaaah” does not make a good impression.

200. TAXman
    10:58 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

that was most definitely the same person as fake barney.

201. LynchMobJr
    10:58 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Finally the Truth is back! I think the debate needs to happens. The Truth vs JT vs Hansome Jimmy

I wish Matt would give the truth a little more time to talk when he actually has something logical to say. The “Truth” is the greatest

202. thewaitfor8
    10:58 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

IU if you wanted to keep this series you shoudn’t have let your program go to crap for 2 decades.

203. Delaney Hanley
    10:59 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

15 seconds for Fake Savage, Quick Rick could have had a love fest.

204. Ukfan11
    10:59 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Uh guys, WE BEAT THEM THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED. The loss IS avenged!

205. cats1068
    10:59 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

202-Exactly

206. TAXman
    10:59 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

201. The Truth calls have run their course, now he is just completely annoying.

207. Tony
    11:00 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I didnt think Tony Trocha was even on Cal’s radar next year.

208. Real Cats Fan
    11:00 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

175, the dude must have no life at all. He spends all of his waking hours on the phone waiting for his chance to spout off. Most of us visualize a face and persona to go with the voice of a person we have never seen. For this knucklehead, I can only picture a huge mouth with a set of feet attached to it. Geez, imagine having to work with someone like that every day!

209. Common Cents
    11:01 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The Truth needs the hotline. He is absolute GOLD

210. Paducah Patty
    11:01 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Lot of negativity on the show thread today. If you don’t like what’s being discussed keep this great radio show off your filthy radio!

211. cuzthereaintno4's
    11:02 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

So the guys that are at the available and looking are as follows:

Anthony Bennett
    Torian Graham
    Amille Jefferson
    Mislav Brzoja
    Montrezl Harrell
    Mark Lyons

If you can only get two, which ones do you want? Which ones will we actually get?

212. Real Cats Fan
    11:03 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

182, most homeless shelters have phones with prepaid calling cards that they let their “tenants” use. My guess is that you could trace most of his calls to one of these.

213. JayCee
    11:07 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

cue ‘The Logical Song’ by Supertramp.

214. James K
    11:07 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

“I try not to be too logical, too many times.” – Ryan Lemond

215. Charlie Day
    11:08 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Uh, matt, it looks like more people are disagreeing with ryan. what show thread did you read?

216. TJonesGonTeachUboutKentucky
    11:08 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I can’t trust a man’s logic who sings backstreet boy songs, and has been to a rascal flats concert.

217. Azubuike's Bicep
    11:08 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Does Bernard Cote count?

218. cuzthereaintno4's

Jules Camara

219. Kidnut

Jules Camara

220. TJonesGonTeachUboutKentucky
    11:09 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Enes Kanter? he’s foreign.

221. marymary
    11:09 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Canadians are still foreigners, right?

222. J in Orlando
    11:09 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Uhhh, Jamal Magloire? Wasnt he Canadian?

223. Charlie Day
    11:09 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Anthony Davis was from another planet, if that counts as foreign.

224. Azubuike's Bicep
    11:09 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

There was also Dirk, even though he decided to go to the NBA instead.

225. GummyBear

Maritienko Williams!!!!

226. The Big Black Member

How soon I am forgotten…

227. cuzthereaintno4's
    11:09 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

does canada count as foreign?

228. marymary

Sheray Thomas

229. SeoulCat

Sheray, Jamal Magloire, and Bernard Cote were all Canadian (i.e. foreign).S

230. Petethamelslazyeye

WRONGONPURPOSE#

231. TJonesGonTeachUboutKentucky
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

where was shagari alleyne from?

232. Brent
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Behnke actually signed with UK and was on enrolled for a short time before he got homesick and went home to Germany.

233. Baldy in Mendo
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Jules Camara

234. JBazz
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Jamaal Magloire, Sheray Thomas, Kyle Wiltjer…are we counting Canadians?

235. Petethamelslazyeye
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Where can we read the 1200 word smackdown?

236. duh
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Enes kanter

237. Fubar
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Sheray Thomas was Canadian too

238. James K
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Gunther Reinke didn’t end up existing.

Ivan Chiriav was another guy from Canada that was speculated about, a seven footer that was under scouted and over hyped. He ended up not being any good.

239. Kidnut
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The Big Black Member

240. Jax Teller
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Enes Kanter anybody?

241. Paducah Patty
    11:10 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I think Fake Barney needs to talk to these negative Nellies and tell them to back off Ryan!

242. cuzthereaintno4's
    11:11 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

222 – Yes he was…. was Nazr Mohammad?

243. Chris in Marietta
    11:11 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Jules Camara was another foreign player.

244. wakecat
    11:11 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Sheray Thomas – Canada.

245. GummyBear
    11:11 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Magloire, Cote, and Thomas were all Canadian.

246. Teach
    11:11 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Jamal Maglore was Canadian

247. Kidnut
    11:12 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Sheray Thomas

248. Schwinny
    11:12 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Shagari Alleyne

249. UKfanFelicia
    11:12 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Hello Matt!! Jamaal Magloire lol from Canada so he counts

250. James K
    11:12 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Moses Globally! Just remembered that one.

251. C Ray
    11:12 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Rashad Carruth was an alien… Not an illegal alien…. An actual alien.

252. Kidnut
    11:12 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Preston LeMaster was from Paris

253. Dud Wash
    11:13 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

There’s such a fine line between clever and stupid….

254. Chris in Marietta
    11:14 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Camara was from Senegal I think.

255. Steely Dan
    11:14 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Nerlens Noel’s flat top has a twitter. @NerlensFlatTop. PRetty comical. Guess the guy just started

256. cuzthereaintno4's
    11:14 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Shagari Alleyne

257. Steely Dan
    11:14 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Scratch that, it’s noelsflattop

258. HoptownCat
    11:15 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Jules Camara

259. Nope
    11:15 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I believe Alleyne was from NY

260. WildontheCats
    11:15 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

KSR needs some way of counting podcast downloads, I think more poeple listen on podcast than live. I know I do.

261. Salt cay
    11:16 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Shagari

262. Fancy feast
    11:16 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Bernard cote from Canada duh

263. Jax Teller
    11:16 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Somebody get Hot Carl online. Where’s the guy that helps Turley Curd?

264. Paducah Patty
    11:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

260. Me too!

265. cats1068
    11:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Patty, he’s being adamant about keeping the IU series and most of us, young and old, are done with IU. I like Ryan. He’s my favorite. But I disagree with him about IU. But that’s OK. He and I can agree to disagree.

266. andy
    11:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The podcast isn’t showing up

267. JayCee
    11:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Wow. Al Gore is so disappointed in you right now, Carl.

268. B'town Cat
    11:17 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

To quote Jay and Silent Bob… Wtf is the Internet?

269. HighFlyingBird
    11:18 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

How does Carl in NKY listen to show without internet??

270. Shouto
    11:18 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Carl must be calling from the phone booth next to his Amish farm.

271. Azubuike's Bicep
    11:18 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Carl is seperated from the entire world. I am from NKY and have been to EVERY signing. Matt can’t cater to people who still use an abacus to count.

272. Jonesing
    11:18 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I think we are soul mates. Miss you babe.

273. B'town Cat
    11:19 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

How come you never see any good Amish basketball players?

274. See Aye Dee
    11:19 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Are you gonna tell the Parrish story? I hate that guy and would really like to hear this story.

275. TrueBlue502
    11:20 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Jodie Meeks scored 27 last night

276. Kidnut
    11:20 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

According to his mother Alex Legion was from heaven

277. JayCee
    11:20 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Carl obviously doesn’t trust his Zombies/Robots/Computers protection insurance plan.

278. Paducah Patty
    11:20 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Cats, I guess I’m old school I like to keep the old rivals while adding some new ones. Oh well whatever the CATS do I’m for!!

279. Dave
    11:21 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Someone (Ryan) called Turley Curd —> Curley Turd…

280. Kidnut
    11:22 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

He sings like his on the pot after eating a lot of cheese

281. jumpman78
    11:22 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

To all the idiots on here saying IU hasn’t been relevant for the past 20 years and using that as an excuse to end the series, get out of here. We weren’t relevant either for most of the last decade. You didn’t see Kansas or UNC drop us. IU will be preseason #1 or 2 and has a great recruiting class. Keep the series, it’s a high profile game between two top 5 teams. The fact Indiana was irrelevant for the past 20 years is not relevant now. They are on the upswing and would be a great resume win.

282. Chris in Marietta
    11:22 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

What happened to the JUCO prospect in California?

283. dicktricklessideburns
    11:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I hear the croatia kid also blind his defenders with a mysterious green mist like the Great Muta

284. Kidnut
    11:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I am from NKY and can confirm that we do not have the internet up here.

285. cats1068
    11:24 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

281- Nice name calling. If we’re idiots, then pot meet kettle.

286. Jax Teller
    11:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

281 — Please show me where we played Kansas every year? And the UNC series has only been every year from maybe 2000 on? I don’t think anybody is saying don’t ever play IU, I just think that it doesn’t need to be every year.

287. Shouto
    11:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

We can be Oppa Hoppas if we get the croatian!

288. Big D the Records Store guy
    11:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

That kid is such a Dave Matthews rip-off. His delivery, movements, and tone is identical to Dave Matthews. I used to be a huge Dave fan and it makes me sick to watch this kid rip off his swagger. I joke with my wife that Davew should sue him for infringement on his style.

289. Jax Teller
    11:25 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

284 – Ditto, except I’m from NKY and the future.

290. Shouto
    11:26 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Opps, oppa hoopas

291. PittDaddy
    11:26 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I want to adopt MKG

292. See Aye Dee
    11:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

GARY PARRISH!

293. Jonesing
    11:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Can we play some Philip Philips when we go on our date? FB ME!

294. PittDaddy
    11:27 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I liked Phillip Phillips til the one sister blew up like a Macy’s Parade balloon

295. Rockfield,KY
    11:28 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

288. I agree, he is good but completely unoriginal. Kinda like John Mayer, but not nearly as good at the guitar. Dave spawned all these guys.

296. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

My wife (28 years old) loves Philip Philips.

297. perry christmas
    11:29 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

my gf records american idol… watches phillip phillips and then deletes the rest of the show! should i be concerned?

298. Kidnut
    11:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Phillip Phillips is an American Idol contestant, Wilson Phillips is who you are thinking of…

299. Dud Wash
    11:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

My contact strength # is -6.0. Is that bad?

300. TJonesGonTeachUboutKentucky
    11:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

i wouldn’t peel my exterior layer of my eyeball back and let a doctor mess with my eyes just so i could not wear glasses when i drive.

301. Paducah Patty
    11:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Ok I feel old whose Phillip Phillips?

302. B'town Cayte
    11:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

If they could only get the iheart app in NKY…

303. Oglethorpe
    11:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I was in a Pizza Hut last night grabbing dinner and this man walks in with dreadlocks down to his butt, maybe mid 50’s early 60’s, maybe a white Bob Marley, looked like he came straight from a Woodstock concert. He proceeded to stare at me very eerie looking and so I asked him, excuse me sir can I help you. He smiled and said you like Kentucky? I answered yes very confusingly and then realized I was wearing a Kentucky shirt. I was not in the mood to talk, it was late but he began talking basketball with me. He said he was a fan but when UL played he would cheer for them as well. I was turned off after he said that but again, he just kept going on. He then told me he was born in Carrolton which I am familiar with, and then started telling me old stories of Kentucky basketball and even went on rants about the ABA Kentucky Colonels. Dan Issels name came up, and legendary players back in the day. We sat there for probably 2 hours after out pizza had gone cold talking Kentucky basketball. He was very knowledgeable about UK basketball and it just shows how many Big Blue fans are out there and even if they have dreadlocks that look like Pizza Huts breadsticks on steroids, you never know the knowledge that may be brought to you by the strangest of characters. Thought I would share that with you.

304. Azubuike's Bicep
    11:30 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

297- Only if she locks herself in the bedroom afterwards.

305. JD West
    11:32 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt they say if you don’t stop doing that you’ll go blind.

306. Inspector Underwear
    11:33 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Gunther Benke DID commit to UK. And he either changed his mind before leaving Germany or shortly after arriving in Lexington. It was a long time ago and memory dims.

I thought he actually got on campus but never suited up. I could be wrong.

307. cats1068
    11:34 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Patty, Phillip Phillips is an American Idol finalist this year.

308. Question for ya
    11:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

303-What kind of mushrooms were on that pizza?

309. zack
    11:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Dave Matthews sucks

310. erin
    11:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

27 year old female…Phillip Phillips? no thanks

311. DjLance Rock
    11:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I am worried that Cal could over recruit 2012 and not have enough spots for 2013.

312. JB_UK
    11:35 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I live in Southwest Lexington-East

313. maggie
    11:36 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I am a big American Idol fan and love Phillip Phillips and I am in my 60’s. It’s not just the young girls that like him

314. Paducah Patty
    11:36 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Thanks Cats. I haven’t watched that in years.

315. WestWorld
    11:36 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I agree with #288 regarding Phil Phillips.

316. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    11:37 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Phillip Phillips covered Dave last night on the show supposedly. J Lo said- “You don’t remind me of Dave Matthews at all’. Great judging there!

317. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:37 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Send that academic report to General Knight.

318. ryan
    11:37 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

sorry i’ve missed some of the fun on the show thread today. i know lots of folks don’t agree with keeping the iu series. i do. it’s ok to disagree. doesn’t make someone an idiot. oscar combs is pro-iu series and has given the same argument i did. do you same the same thing about him? just wondering

319. cats1068
    11:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Patty, my wife watches it, so I’m up to speed on it.

320. B'town Cayte
    11:38 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

He has a 4 Twany gpa.

321. B'town Cayte
    11:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

317. Bob Knight doesn’t exist!

322. TJonesGonTeachUboutKentucky
    11:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Brian Long is not only the 345th best player from New Hampshire, he graduated 345th in his class.

323. JayCee
    11:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

playing Memphis only lends them credence.

324. zack
    11:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I am not sure but i think Ryan wants to play IU.

325. Baldy in Mendo
    11:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

“Five on that Twany sack” Dude…I just spit coffee across the room

326. HanSoloUnderground
    11:39 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

UCLA

327. Brent
    11:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Texas Tech and Minnesota?

Good Lord. Someone kill Ryan’s mic.

328. BACONvolfan
    11:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

My wife is 27 and she LOVES Phillip Phillips. I have to say that I like him too.

329. Jay bird
    11:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Has anyone talked about the UK flag getting lost before Thunder Over Louisville?

330. Shouto
    11:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Home and Home Like to see
    Arizona
    Syracuse
    Kansas
    Toronto Raptors (Charlotte to weak)

331. WestWorld
    11:40 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I would like to see us play West Virginia each season.

332. ryno
    11:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

matt who was the national writer you wrote about yesterday?

333. B'town Cayte
    11:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

American Idol is more boring than Big Ten basketball.

334. Edd
    11:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Thanks Matt, was trying to go all year without knowing any American Idol contestants.

335. Jeff
    11:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

’18 yr olds don’t know who Dave Matthews is’ – hang up on this idiot.

336. Vick
    11:41 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Me and my wife watch American Idol and my wife is 31 and she can’t stand him! We both can’t wait till he is voted off but unforunately I don’t think that is going to happen. He is terrible!

337. Huff
    11:42 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

DMB has been together since 1991.

338. Dud Wash
    11:42 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

It’s estimated Dave Matthews is worth $250 million

339. JBazz
    11:42 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The same way Wesley Woodyard didn’t get drafted.

340. Kidnut
    11:42 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

That story is how Phillip Phillips sings…like he is trying to unload a bus lavatory.

341. B'town Cayte
    11:42 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Did the bus driver take a cue from cousin Eddie in christmas vacation?

342. NOT 4 D
    11:42 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

realy DMB? they are awful unless u are ….

343. elkcity2224
    11:43 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

They are probably saying that he led the SEC in tackles because Kentucky played defense for 55 out of 60 minutes in almost every game this season.

344. I know everything
    11:43 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Not for nothing the only reason why Trevathan lead the SEC in tackles was because running backs would bust through our line and he was our last hope to save a TD and QB’s threw at him underneath all the time. He’s a great player but ‘leading in tackles’ is a misleading stat.

345. GummyBear
    11:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I won’t watch the NFL draft ever again b/c Wesly Woodyard didn’t get drafted. (Same scenerio as Trevathan).

346. Inspector Underwear
    11:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

329 I haven’t heard anything about that. What’s the story????

347. B'town Cayte
    11:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt can kick a 30 yard field goal. Any eligibility left, Matt?

348. Johnnybee
    11:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

What’s the story with Parrish?

349. WestWorld
    11:44 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Danny Trevathan – reverse “KY Effect.”

350. JayCee
    11:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Danny’s numbers were a product of the system he was in and the lack of talent and size in front of him. He can’t shed a block and he’s neither freakishly strong nor quick.

It is what it is.

351. Travis
    11:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

The “awkward high-five” picture on the site last night was pretty awesome on so many different levels. I can’t wait to see the additional reader submitted photos to KSR.

352. big tim
    11:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

look what wesley woodyard doing and he didnt get drafted

353. ryan
    11:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

did marlon mccree get drafted in the late rounds or was he also a free agent pick up?

354. Kidnut
    11:45 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Yes, Gary Parrish please

355. Jonesing
    11:46 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt give me a smack down with your deeeock.

356. B'town Cayte
    11:46 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I’d like to kick Gary Parrish through the uprights

357. Hoss has epidemic typhus
    11:47 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Noel needs to grow a flat top as a goatee.

358. Kidnut
    11:48 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Winston Guy is hurting his own draft status with that tweet, serious character flaw…it’s always someone elses fault and not mine.

359. Put me on Line 4
    11:48 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Stop playing this hack it is painful

360. scoretowin9
    11:48 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

I asked my wife, 32yo, last night if she thought Phillip Phillips was good looking or sexy. She said she doesn’t get what people are talking about. She then took me to bed and called me Phillip while loving me like we just said our I Do’s. So, obviously, he is not that big with the ladies.

361. pioneer
    11:48 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Skylar from Brandon, MS is for sure winning! She is a hybrid Reba/Miranda criss cross!

362. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:49 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

He did ‘Fat Bottomed Girls’ last night…

363. Dud Wash
    11:49 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

What is “for a living”, how much is the gig worth?

364. Big D the Records Store guy
    11:51 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Quit hating on Dave Matthews. Your anger should be directed toward Phillip Phillips ripping off Dave Matthews. I understand being influenced by an artist but stealing his entire schtick is just crazy and wrong.

365. B'town Cayte
    11:51 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

He gave him a beeyotch smack

366. B'town Cayte
    11:52 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Anyone know how radio Ron did on America’s got talent?

367. JayCee
    11:52 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Line 4 is obviously a gateway to Narnia.

368. Put me on Line 4
    11:52 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Not very cherubic of you Matt

369. Kidnut
    11:54 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, can you quickly tell us what is in the Herald Leader today? Us folks in NKY need to know.

370. JBazz
    11:54 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Lyons is from the Bronx.

371. Jax Teller
    11:54 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

A lot of my co-workers are XU fans and they have all said Lyons has had “issues” off and on all season. Apparently a lot of them blame him for Tu Holloway struggling this year.

372. PittDaddy
    11:56 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

If Lyons wants to pay his own way, come on. Otherwise don’t offer.

373. Jonesing
    11:57 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Since your going to be in LEX tomorrow are we finally going to meet face-to-face. Can’t wait babe.

374. Kidnut
    12:02 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I take everything back that I said about Phillip Phillips, he seems like a genuinely sweet guy. I am not gonna hate on him (he is also dreamy).

375. DrSayre
    5:40 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

I thought Talk like Randy Savage Day was May 20th?

376. KC
    7:34 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

Matt, After listening to the podcast. Why not agree to play two years home and home the other two at neutral sites? They both win. Having the 2015 Final 4 in Indy (even though its UK’s turn to host), maybe they can showcase the game there like Michigan St vs UNC 2009 in Detroit.

377. KC
    7:36 pm April 26, 2012 Permalink

After my previous post I hit the Gordon Plan of the podcast. I agree with him though.