Start Sweating It Out With The Sunday Morning Links

One of the coolest moments on Selection Sunday is watching the bubble teams sit waiting for their name to be called. As the names are read cameras around the nation capture real moments of tragedy or triumph as teams are invited to the big dance. This situation is unique for Kentucky Basketball because tonight will be the first time in the modern era the Cats will be really sweating it out. The Cats have been seeded low before but we all knew they were going to be in and in Billy G’s final year we all knew they were already out. The Cats still have a chance to land within the bubble but there’s still going to be a lot of stress going on in the Bluegrass State tonight. Why not start sweating it out early with the Sunday Morning Links:

-Should the Cats be in simply from a few signature wins? John Clay take a look at this year’s low points and deems that Kentucky Should Not Make The NCAA Tournament.

-The worst part about playing in the SEC? Few chances for resume building wins and too many chance for bad losses. The SEC was cooked before the bird.

-“The good news is everyone seems to be losing, and I just hope we’re the best of the bad right now,” As the Cats wait to hear their name called today they will have no one to blame but themselves if they are met with silence.

-Make no mistake if Kentucky ends up with an NIT invite they will be accepting (Tipton). That decision is made well before the season tips off.

-The Ninth-Ranked Baseball Cats continue to get it done on the diamond as they took down Florida 11-5. Kentucky is going for their first series win in Gainesville since 1999.

Article written by Andrew Cassady

Follow me @ACassady_KSR

51 Comments for Start Sweating It Out With The Sunday Morning Links

1. Wow
    10:06 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I have no idea what I am talking about and I am a complete fraud.

2. Old Henry Man
    10:12 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I do not see UK getting in. Maybe the committe will take the Cats over Middle TN, LaSalle and Bosie St.
    3 double digts losses in the last 4 games, by “Gulp” Arkansas, Georgia and Vandy.

Please bring on the Harrisons, Young, Johnson, Lee and ?????

3. Delk for 3
    10:12 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Will not be “sweating” anything out. Have no expectation whatsoever to make it.

4. I have 1000 bucks for whoever can post Mike's or oldschool's address on here.
    10:14 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

SEC basketball as a whole needs to get better. That was one of UK’s big hurdles this year. And lay off bashing players, they are who they are until they prove different. Publicly, and anonymously, insulting people is cowardly.

5. LHL is blarney
    10:16 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Jerry Tipton is not wearing green. Pinch him, but please don’t visit his articles.

6. Hoosier Mania
    10:20 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

N.I.T..= Not In Tournament…..
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

7. flyboy
    10:23 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

3. Me too. I don’t expect to make it in, so i will be glad if we do. Ready for next season already.

8. Hoosier Mania
    10:24 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Just here to show my class. I am all about class. I could be clebrating my team but instead I am here. I am still jealous and pathetic. Please pay attention to me!

9. Hoosier Mania
    10:25 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I will be back after my team wins it all. Yes we are a lock to win it all!

10. Seriously?
    10:25 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

There will be no sweating at all tonight for this UK fan. I love KSR and check it religiously, but you all are living in a dream world if you think this team will make the tourney. There’s no way! (and now with this emphatic statement the Cats are guaranteed to make the tournament. BBN – you’re welcome).

11. jim jim
    10:26 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hey there Hossier Mania. Did you cut down the nets last night for making the final four of the Big Ten tournament after LOOSING to Wisconsin AGAIN.

12. JJ
    10:27 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

NCAA hatred for UK + NCAA Tournament Committee + UK team’s nose is wide open = UK left out of NCAA field

13. doug
    10:28 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Not going to happrn. NIT bound here we come. This is the by product of players having a “players first” attitude. Hope this doesn’t happen again..

14. gameoverulose
    10:29 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

#10,you may win at the track, but only by a “nose” .

15. Twin Condiments
    10:29 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

#6 Not in the tournament is something Hoosiers are VERY familiar with. How many decades has it been since IU won?
    #3 I’m not sweating either. If we make it good… if not … then I guess we should have put more effort into it. Either way you get what you earn.
    Until a new champ is crowned … UK is the reigning Champion. Next year should be amazing…again. I also see Cal taking something from this season. Build a better bench so you can bench those who play for themselves.

16. shields eyes
    10:30 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Ok I keeping this phrase…what in the heck does “UK’s nose is wide open” mean?

17. Are UKidding Me
    10:31 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hoosier Mania ….. You do realize that Indiana hasn’t been good for 20 years, right? I’m glad that you all are better this year, but I would have thought that being the laughing stock of basketball for the better part of 2 decades might teach you guys some humility. You are proving out the old saying, though …. “You can always tell a Hoosier – but you can’t tell him much”

18. GoForIt
    10:31 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Checking out other sites and every teams fans think they are getting in over La S. UVA esp. Funny how we are blinded by loyalty.

19. CoCo Beach
    10:31 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, any NIT selection show being planned at the mall this year?

20. wally
    10:31 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Do fans honestly that Kentucky deserves to be in.I am a fan who game after game for the most part is tired of 4 guys who won’t play defense,and think that their number is the only one on offense.Turn down nit and regroup for next year.

21. The Bank is Open
    10:33 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Only chance in hades they make it is so that NCAA will get ratings from the First Four. I for one will not watch, listen, or follow UK in any way if they go to the NIT. Anybody who says I’m not “true blue” is free to watch them play for 69th place but I’ve had enough.

22. LexNative
    10:37 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

‘Sweating it out’, how funny is that headline. Like me sweating it out that my ’64 Ford Falcon will qualify for the Indy 500.

23. Dr. Tom
    10:42 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Just read where graduate assistant Derick Jasper along with the entire assistant staff at Texas Tech was let go. Kid has been through a lot for a 25 year old. Would be nice to see him back in Lexington in some capacity on Cal’s staff.

24. Dr. Kutaweigh
    10:48 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

NIT bid? C’mon Coach Cal, ‘just say NO’ to the NIT, how embarrassing for you when your team takes a beating from one of ‘those’ teams!

25. Helen24
    10:51 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

#17: It means the UK basketball team has put themselves in a bad position where haters on the NCAA Tournament committee can conveniently leave UK out of the tournament field. I believe UK should be left out based on their horrible play against Arkansas, Georgia & Vanderbilt.

26. BoomKentucky
    10:54 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I believe we were somewhat sweating it out Billy G’s first year and because we got in that year we were sweating it out hoping we would get in the next year when we did

27. ukbass
    10:55 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Its not always about deserving. Im ready for next year. But we should get a bid. The other 4 teams or so dont have a deserving resume either. When in doubt go with the money maker. And we did beat FL without Noel. Thats a great win. Its been a horrible year for our standards. But we should get a bid and I hope we do.

28. Voice of reason
    10:56 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

The CATS resume is better than all the 8 bubble teams competing for the last 4 spots except Boise State and UVA…I think they will just get in as the second to last or last team in.

29. Frustrated
    10:57 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I for one am angry, frustrated and will not be watching my Cats in the NIT. I realize we lost 6 of our top players from last years National Championship team but we have enough talent this year to make the NCAA tournament. I love coach Cal but he could have played more zone and put in a motion offense to give this team a chance to win. Then again you can’t coach heart, desire and the will to win. This team just looked slow to react. They could not guard anyone in a man to man.
    We do not deserve an NCAA bid.
    Thank goodness this season is over. It’s been painful to watch this team. Go Big Blue! Next year let’s get number 9.

30. Educated
    11:01 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Do you people not read the articles before you start posting in the comment section??? If Cal was gunna turn down the NIT bid, he would have had to of done it before the season. All these fans wanting kids to transfer or declare for the NBA make me sick. We have a down year after a championship and instead of having some older guys to go with our 5-7 McDonalds All Americans next year, you would rather they left? Do you remember T Jones freshman year? Reminds me a lil of Poythress. I would love to have all the freshman back

31. Delk for 3
    11:01 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

It’s a tough pill to swallow on a day that is basically like Christmas for so many UK fans. Life is not always fun, though, and it’s just not our year. Keep supporting Cal and DO NOT dare forget what him and his guys did for all of us last season. He’s feeling the pain today more than any of us. I think what Cal will have learned from this season will be invaluable for his coaching going forward. To be honest, I would not want to be on UK’s schedule next season.

32. urmad
    11:04 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

#26 how about them VOLS!

33. test
    11:09 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

test

34. Cal'sMilkMakers
    11:11 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m guessing Matt wil be stroking his pud while the NCAA marathon coverage is on the radio tomorrow.

35. Rise
    11:14 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Louisville is goin to win it all. It’s like rubbing salt in a flesh wound.

36. msg
    11:20 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

BBN FANBASE IS THE ONLY HOPE THESE CATS HAVE TO MAKE THE FIELD OF 68,NOT ONLY DO THEY CONSIDER THE BEST QUALAFIED TEAMS, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

37. robroy
    11:21 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

31. trolls don’t read the articles.

36. come back when it’s over. remember point blank, period? yea, i thought so.

38. Matt in Frankli
    11:21 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

If we get in the show, well get beat first round and erbody will make a big deal of it, or if we don’t win out in the NIT (which we won’t) erbody will make a big deal of it…point being this bball season is a wash, erbody sit back an take joy in seeing the Loosiers, LOSERVILLE and Puke get beat…

39. Emc
    11:25 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Still a chance that uk gets in. If you remove the name and just pick they could make it. I think we have five teams competing for two spots. In the end losing 3 out of 4 keeps them out. I think they will be last tem out. I think ole miss stole their spot

40. Jackson Purchase
    11:35 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

What is there to sweat? No way Kentucky makes the dance.

41. Knows better
    11:36 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Cal needs to change his motto from “players first, to team first”.

42. Everything's gonna be okay BBN
    11:37 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

We are very spoiled basketball fans and even more since Cal came aboard. Not every freshmen class will be like last year. You can coach a kid to win but you can’t coach a kid the will to win! This years class didn’t have that will so move on. We are not getting in the big tourney so face it. and we better not turn down the NIT bid either…that would be very arrogant of us! It’s not the end of the world. We just won a championship last year and still have the most wins all time. Still love Cal and what he’s done not only for basketball but for our state! Go CATS

43. chooga
    11:40 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

43. read an article once in a while. We cannot turn down an NIT bid.

44. Wth
    11:43 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

Why is California a lock, check out their resume and tell me what you think.

45. Cool
    11:44 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

46. Are UKidding Me
    12:10 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

@ #43…. You do realize that Cal’s tenure is not exactly the greatest 3 year run for Uk Basketball, right? Not to take anything away from his accomplishments, but this is not the University of Calipari. It is not a sin to point out when he screws up – and he did this year…big time. Not the end of the world, but this same over-protective attitude protected Tubby Smith and helped kill the program to begin with.

47. WeAreOut
    1:24 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

#47 – You’ve got to be kidding… Tubby never went to an NIT. I believe the 1979 team did. Did Joe B kill the program? Did Eddie Sutton Kill the program? The only time the program was killed was a NCAA death penalty on one of Rupp’s squads in 1952.

48. theSkinny81
    1:35 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

47 – You realize Calipari is not Tubby, right?

49. Bob
    1:53 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

If the selection committee puts Kentucky in, it will be purely for the $$$ they see and not because they deserve it.

50. DowntheRoad64
    1:55 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

48) I may be mistaken but I think Eddie Sutton put the program on probation that was actually termed “The Death Penalty”. Two years of no TV and no tournaments or regular season banners of any kind sort of sounds like killing the program.

51. Ukcatzfan
    4:37 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

What do you mean start sweating it out????????????????????
    Uk is not going to the big tourney