Stadium Frame’s Final Four Print Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

The celebration is over but it can live on forever inside your home or office with this Final Four print from Stadium Frame. The 34×24 framed photo is matted with coins and features a shot of the Superdome court just after the final buzzer sounded to end Kentucky’s magical 2011-12 season. Go to www.Final4Prints.com to purchase the print you see here, or pick out another print or variation of this one from Stadium Frame.

— We’re almost four hours away from tip-off of the Maryland/Kentucky game! Can you feel it? Here’s a shot of the Cats getting some shots up on the Barclays Center’s very dark arena from @CoachCaldotCom:

New Yorkers do love to wear black.

— The current line for tonight’s game has the Cats by 10.5. Let’s hear your over/under’s in the comments section. (I’ll take the under.)

— If you missed it in the post right below this one, Cal confirmed that both Ryan Harrow and Julius Mays will play tonight.

— Two Cats made the SEC Coaches’ preseason All-SEC teams: Nerlens Noel (First-Team All-SEC) and Alex Poythress (Second-Team All-SEC). Congrats guys, but where’s Archie?! SMH.

— Aaron Gordon is in Lexington to start his official visit. For those of you worried that he will miss Cal and the Cats, have no fear: the team is returning to Lex tomorrow morning to show him around. In the meantime, if you see him out and about, spread the BBN love.

— I would give you a Bobby Petrino update, but there isn’t one. Sorry.

— Want to pregame tonight’s game against Maryland with some soccer? Go support the UK Women’s Soccer Team as they host UT-Martin in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. The game kicks off at 7 p.m. at the UK Soccer Complex. Get it, ladies.

— Archie knows there’s only one Big Blue Nation:

— Ashley Judd gave a classic politician’s non-answer to the question of whether or not she’ll run for the Senate in 2014 against Mitch McConnell, releasing this statement:

“I cherish Kentucky, heart and soul. . . [but] we have just finished an election, so let’s focus on coming together to keep moving America’s families, and especially our kids, forward.”

I know you guys are going to have an opinion on this one.

Matt and Drew were live from NYC this morning to preview the Cats/Terps and, of course, talk Petrino.

41 Comments for Stadium Frame’s Final Four Print Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. Be A Blue State
    4:17 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Ashley knows her stuff and would represent us well. I would work for her.

2. Stevie Ray
    4:19 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Ashley, Ashley, Ashley. Better men than you have had their head handed to them by ol’ Mitch. Like him or not, he plays hard ball when it comes to politics. Stick to B movies.

3. havethat
    4:19 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Just bc I would hit it doesnt mean I want it in DC making laws for me….

4. BPsycho
    4:21 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

^^

5. Al B. Frank
    4:23 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

In RE: Bobby Petrino, in the immortal words of Inspector Jacques Clouseau: “Let me bring you up to speed… We know nothing. You are now up to speed.”

6. Kevin C.
    4:24 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

What/Who was Archie referring to in his tweet?

7. Spicoli
    4:25 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

I slept through US government class. What are the residency laws for the Senate? Isn’t Ashley a TN resident? How long would she have to be a KY resident for anyway? They bent the rules for Hillary in NY, right?

8. kittylitter
    4:26 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

If Ashley “cherishes Kentucky, heart and soul” then why was she actively and publicly bashing the coal industry, an industry which is the lifeblood and “heart and soul” of a large portion of this state? Go ahead and run, Ashley. Your campaign will flop harder than that tv show you were recently on.

9. Yngvie Malmsteen.
    4:26 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Anything is better than McConnell.

10. TN Cat
    4:28 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Who in the world would buy a semifinal championship print? Well, I guess an Indiana fan would.

11. King Kelly Coleman
    4:31 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Poor ole Ashley couldn’t get elected dog catcher!

12. Tn Blue Cat
    4:33 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

There might be better than McConnell but Ashley’s political thinking would not fly. Need a better conservative than McConnell.

13. tyson
    4:41 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Please let Ashley run for Senate. That might shut her up some. She would carry Lexington, a small portion of Louisville and 1/2 of the 1992-1996 UK Basketball Roster and that is all.

14. Paducah UK fan
    4:44 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Sorry 13 but our teams are too smart to support her in politics. Stick with Mitch, he has saved our rear the past 4 years.

15. ChicagoCat
    4:48 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Ashley! Wish I still lived in KY so I could vote for her in 2014. Despite what some here say, I think she could give Mitch a run for his money.

16. Jim
    4:49 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

#13… more like the whole team wasn’t it ?

17. TheBigToe
    4:58 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Her statement says it all. She has two years to establish residency, and who’s to say she doesn’t own property in Kentucky already? What has McConnell done for this state? We are one of the fattest, stupidest, poorest, and most drug addicted states in the union.

18. UKUKUK1865
    5:02 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

She can take her shirt off all she wants but the last thing we need is another Obama lap dog. Just got rid of Chandler. Hold the line Mitch!

19. MtCat
    5:09 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Rumor alert. Billy Gillispie was just seen in downtown LA with Kobe – will be the next coach of the Lakers.

20. katmancsm
    5:10 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Mitch is the sorriest excuse for a US Senator from KY that we have ever had. He has always been pro-wealthy and a lap dog for any GOP with more power than he. Now he has risen to be the Minority Leader and still doesn’t have a clue. I am not a Lib or a Dem. I vote for whomever will get it done. Mitch is a total failure and an embarrasment for our Commonwealth!!!!!

21. Tn Blue Cat
    5:16 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

20, Sure you are a not a lib. True enbarrassment will be Obama when the next president is handed off a much bigger mess in four years than he inherited. We will all pay for this election severely…

22. Mitch McConnell's chin
    5:16 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

I’m disappearing almost as quickly as the Republican base.

23. GoBlue
    5:18 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Ashley is well qualified. She has a masters from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard. I’d vote for her in a heartbeat. That said, I don’t think she could ever get elected statewide because of her position on mountaintop removal (even though she’s right).

24. TheBigToe
    5:19 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

@20–Well said. I agree.
    @21–Look at McConnell’s record. Why should we continue taking what he has given us? He cares more about obstructing and supporting his rich buddies in other states. He doesn’t care about his constituents. And I have never voted for a democrat or a republican.

25. Republican base
    5:22 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

All we had to do was show up and vote. One… simple… task. And we couldn’t even get THAT right.

26. lexslamman
    5:22 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

I think Ashley Judd would make a better senator than Rand Paul or Mitch McConnell, but that isn’t saying much. We need a strong liberal Democrat like Elizabeth Warren or Paul Wellstone to represent Kentucky, not a moderate like Judd.

27. republitarded
    5:24 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

The Repugs got their butts handed to them because their ideas have failed countless times over the past 200 years and they can’t come up with anything original. Now all they can do is blame others for their own utter failure and stupidity. So much for the party of personal responsibility.

28. Sammydog
    5:27 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Mitch has done nothing for Kentucky. His strategy is keep the people poor, unhealthy, uneducated and enslaved to the coal industry. Yes the industry provides jobs although far less than it used to but at what cost. The reality is Kentucky is running out of coal reserves and the coal industry will one day close up shop after ravaging our land, poluting our water and killing coal miners with their blatant disregard of safety measures, mining regulations, and polution standards. Every male in the previous generations of my family worked in the coal industry. They all died young having entered the mines as teenagers and gradually smothered to death in their 50ies and 60ies. If the conservative worship of the coal industry has been so good for us why are we last in everything. Why do we have so few ways of making a good living in Kentucky. We are making bad choices for ourselves with the leaders we have voted for. Martha Layne Collins is the only politician who has brought jobs and industry to Kentucky. That is sad. I would welcome a run by Ashley.

29. Jon
    5:28 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

@Kittylitter- your argument assumes that to cherish the state of kentucky you cant hate one of it’s industries. I love Kentucky (the state and THE University) even though I hate one of its entities: (Louisville). GoBigBlue

30. Yngvie Malmsteen.
    5:35 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

28-The coal industry will one day close up shop but, that day is not today because we are no where near running out of coal reserves and to say so shows ignorance.

31. headcase4uk
    5:50 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

30 – I think the point is that whether there is coal in the ground or not there are many states with much better quality of living indexes and no coal. I guess you could say that coal is in my blood as it has been the vocation of much of my family but they were intelligent and hard working people who could have done far better than dying too young after living in the mines. There are other ways to make a state prosperous (far moreso than KY) but the state would have to work towards that rather than merely rely on coal. It would be impossible to close the mines today and survive. However, working towards a cleaner, healthier, better educated and financially more stable populace is a goal for KY because nationally we rank quite low in each of these.

32. Al's IndiCats
    5:58 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

10 IU does have a print of their semi-final, it a picture of them scratching their heads wondering WTF hit them that night.

33. JVice
    6:04 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Miss TT – You may want to look into the definition of “over/under” vs. “spread”. Not saying this to be a jerk. It just seems as though you may have misused the term in your post.

34. CatBlue in LR
    6:36 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

@ #6 I believe Archie’s high school, Sylvan Hills in Sherwood, AR, plays a first-round playoff game tonight against Greenbrier High School. Sylvan Hills’ colors of royal blue and white are almost exactly the same as Kentucky’s. So, I guess the Bears fans fancy themselves as something of a “Big Blue Nation.”

35. Stumps
    6:38 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Electric plants have been switching over to natural gas for the last decade. The drop in price for LNG over the last two years was the nail in the coffin. Coal is dead.

36. masher
    6:50 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

I will vote for anyone that runs against that scumbag Mitch McConnell, especially if it’s Ashley Judd!!

37. LeX
    6:51 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Wow 18, youre a sexist piece of garbage.

38. Bluehaz
    7:35 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

Natural gas is the way of the future, it will heat your home and run your car . No question. !

39. mike
    7:40 pm November 9, 2012 Permalink

I’m all for ousting the institutionalized McConnell but there is no way I would vote for Ashley Judd. I like her, but her politics are waayy too progressive.

40. Erniecat
    3:09 am November 10, 2012 Permalink

People like McConnell are the reason we’re in the shape we’re in,and yes, natural gas prices is the reason for the decline in coal production. I can’t believe people believed those tv adds.

41. Tampa Satchel
    4:43 am November 10, 2012 Permalink

Ditch Mitch. Mitch talks a good game about small government, but KY sucks off the federal teat to the tune of $1.51 for every dollar paid. Check it out here: http://visualeconomics.creditloan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/tax.jpg

Ashley Judd is passionate and eloquent when she speaks. I wouldn’t bet against her funky self.