Stadium Frame’s Final Four Print Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

The celebration is over but it can live on forever inside your home or office with this Final Four print from Stadium Frame. The 34×24 framed photo is matted with coins and features a shot of the Superdome court just after the final buzzer sounded to end Kentucky’s magical 2011-12 season. Go to www.Final4Prints.com to purchase the print you see here, or pick out another print or variation of this one from Stadium Frame.

Notes…

— It’s Day 2 of the Big Blue Madness campout and the attendance is reaching record numbers. I haven’t been able to get out there today for photos but Matt and I will be in Tent City tonight to hang out with Big Blue Nation and record video interviews for the website. If you see us, say hello, and if you’re there at 9:30, make your way to the basketball courts for Nerlens Noel vs. Stonecold Willow.

— Joker Phillips met with the media after practice today (scroll down to see Rashawn’s video) for the last time before his team takes off for Gainesville. The big news of the day is the injury report:

Coshik Williams did not practice. He will travel but it’s doubtful that he’ll play.

Mister Cobble returned to practice and he’ll travel to Gainesville.

Josh Clemons’ knee isn’t responding well and it’s likely he’ll redshirt. Redshirt.

Matt Smith and Darrian Miller returned to practice today; Miller at 85%

— Jonathan George will start over CoShik Williams if CoShik can’t go. Raymond Sanders and Dyshawn Mobley will back George up. Joker said today he wishes he had given Mobley more touches against Western. ” I’m kicking myself in the rear end,” he said.

Arkansas football is owning the YouTube market:

The Dark Hog Rises

DIME Magazine wonders if Andrew Wiggins could start in the NBA right now. I think it’s pretty close. He would get minutes.

— Our good friend Tony Vanetti sent a couple of guests to surprise Matt during today’s show:

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for Stadium Frame’s Final Four Print Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. CatGrad7072
    3:12 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Clemons: Transfer or redshirt?

2. gossie21
    3:12 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

What’s this about Clemons transferring?

3. those spd guys
    3:14 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Like the first two
    TRANSFER?
    TRANSFER?
    We are talking about red shirting here and you are talking about TRANSFER?

4. tyson
    3:18 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

1,2,3–I doubt Drew misspoke here. There have been rumblings that Clemons was not happy. If he is going to have to set out a year any way, why not transfer along with it–especially if we will likely have a new coach (new system) next year anyway.

5. Common Sense
    3:27 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

A few posts below it says that Clemons is likely to REDSHIRT, I think Drew possibly made a typo.

6. UKBigDaddy
    3:29 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Matt’s head is huge for his body!

7. Jon Lock
    3:32 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

I certainly hope that was a Freudian Slip about Clemons transferring instead of redshirting . . .

8. I Say
    3:35 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Clemons is a dime a dozen running back anyways, like the majority of our running backs.

9. Walter Sobchak
    3:35 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

How many times is Joker going to wish he had given Mobley more touches? He has said that after the last two games. It isn’t that hard to just PUT HIM IN THE GAME.

10. those spd guys
    3:37 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

#6 Matt’s head is not the big things I am looking at in that picture. I won’t lie when I say that envy the middle of that hooters sandwich. He lives every one of our dreams. Beautiful women and Kentucky are his life. Don’t forget about Miss Kentucky

11. MikeLeachSpottedInLex
    3:38 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Is that a bad shot, or does Matt have an abnormally large head?

12. The Rock says
    3:41 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

The only thing missing from this picture is an American Flag and an Astronaut! God Bless America!!

13. ukjonny8
    3:43 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

6-thats what she said

14. Shawon
    3:47 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Oh, and before I forget, Glenn Faulkner won’t be far behind.

15. those spd guys
    3:50 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

#8 & #13 no need to attack the players. hate on joker all you want, but these guys practice hard and play hard to do their best.

16. GarbageTruckMan
    3:56 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

The biggest football hater on the site… Drew Franklin. He intentionally did that to create a fuss. Everyone has been saying this would likely be a medical redshirt year for Clemmons for a couple of months now. There has been no talk of him transferring and Franklin is attempting to create another argument for the quick triggered “Farrrr Joker” fans. Unless Drew can cite a source or correct the post immediately, this is another poor example of KSR pushing their basketball agenda.

17. southvillacats
    3:59 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Clemons leaving is going to be another blow to the program. He had tremendous upside and sure hope he decides to redshirt and come back no matter if Joker is here or not.

18. Joker is terrible
    4:05 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

#17 – Give me a break. This site covers football as well as any other sport and anyone who believes Joker should get another year isn’t a fan of the program in my opinion. I wasn’t a fan of the “coach in waiting” and he has proven why. The program is broken on all kind of levels and I for one wouldn’t blame that kid for wanting to play somewhere else. He’s a talent that will lost in the overall horrible product Joker and staff put on the field. The player play but the coaches prep them to play and they (coaches) have failed on every possible level in my opinion.

19. Joemama
    4:07 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

He prolly got really annoyed with the stupid final four print things…. Give it up already

20. kes
    4:14 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

i would love to have matts head full of quarters, i could retire!

21. Hunter1249
    4:16 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Matt is definitely in “the friend zone” with those two. 🙂

22. notafanofmattjones
    4:41 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

What a damn geek.

23. Enough with the picture frames
    4:54 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Jeez….how much longer are they going to attempt to peddle these stadium frames.

24. Drew Franklin
    5:40 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

16. — I like UK football more than UK basketball.

25. barn
    5:41 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

18–reality

26. Matt Jones
    5:49 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Let’s see, I pay money to play pretend UK basketball, now I’m getting my picture with Hooters girls….I’m probably the guy who thinks the strippers really like me. I am a total loser.

27. floydwilkey
    6:14 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

still confused on Clemons status. no news on him in at least a week and then redshirt and then redshirt and transfer in like two hours. he wasnt even listed on the “Boones Butcher Shop” injury report leading me to believe, ahh, maybe he plays this week. this was our number one back going into the year not some scrumbum that would be lucky to dress out. more coverage of sam malone’s knee than Josh’s. why has no one been covering this?

28. UK fan
    6:15 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Typo my behind. This site continues to go downhill. They should rename it, SPORTS FOR DUMMIES.

29. floydwilkey
    6:19 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

24. as in, like, you root for other basketball teams ahead of UK? or you have some how managed to quantify your fandom of both teams using a Kenpom like analysis?

30. ArmyCats
    6:59 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Matt couldn’t get either one of those girls in real life, even if he had a $100 bill hanging out of his zipper.

31. @line4ksr
    8:04 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

Matt looks like a walking candy apple. That head is huge.

32. lumberjackcat
    8:16 pm September 20, 2012 Permalink

person to viewer left: is pushing her boobs into matt with extreme force
    person in the middle: for some reason in this picture his head looks very large
    Person to viewers right: has a really pretty face and looks like a real sweet girl

33. PapaJohnCard
    12:00 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

Matt Jones prefers the Man Clown in the Nashville Hooters….

34. GatorChomp
    4:31 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

#32 So Jones is a Mans Man??? It has been rumored in Gainsville for YEARS.

35. Dom Papa
    8:36 pm September 21, 2012 Permalink

Is this the big giant head fron 3rd Rock from the Sun?