Stadium Frame’s Final Four Print Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

The celebration is over but it can live on forever inside your home or office with this Final Four print from Stadium Frame. The 34×24 framed photo is matted with coins and features a shot of the Superdome court just after the final buzzer sounded to end Kentucky’s magical 2011-12 season. Go to www.Final4Prints.com to purchase the print you see here, or pick out another print or variation of this one from Stadium Frame.

— Anthony Davis signed a three-year deal with the Hornets for 16.1 million today. Davis and his new team agreed on $5.144 million in the first year, $5,375,760 for the second and $5,607,240 for the third, for a grand total of  $16,127,100 in guaranteed money. Not too bad for a 19 year old kid.

Joker Phillips joined ESPN for a live chat earlier today. Here is some of the discussion in case you missed it:

Matthew (Sycamore):

Dear Coach Philips, What talents does your team have?

Joker Phillips:

We think we have some young talented players along with some experienced guys that have been in our program for a long time. We are developing some more playmakers at the skill positions which should give us some chances to have production on both sides of the ball.

Matthew (Sycamore)

Are you happy with your starting QB?

Joker Phillips

We have a QB competition. We have two quality guys that have played a lot of snaps in this league. Two very very talented incoming freshmen.

Michael (Lou.-KY)

We working on any fun and interesting wrinkles to the offense this year? One of reasons I think we had success against UT was that they weren’t prepared for our offensive scheme for that game.

Joker Phillips

We’re developing an offense that allows us to put people in position to make plays for us. We’re developing an offense where once the kids start to make plays, they have confidence and therefore they develop into playmakers for us.

Read the entire chat here.

Team USA plays Spain today in its final exhibition game before the Olympics. Spain is USA’s toughest competition for the gold with the Gasol Bros. and Serge Ibaka causing matchup problems for the Americans down low. I guess we’ll find out today just how difficult those matchups will be. The game is at 4:30 on ESPN2. Can we get a lil Anthony Davis today, coach???

— Thursday is “UK Night at the Bats” in Louisville when the Bats host the Buffalo Bisons. The first 300 fans who buy advance tickets will receive a free #WeAreUK t-shirt and fans in attendance will be treated to a Joe B. Hall autograph session from 5:45 to 6:20 at the Hall of Fame Pavilion before he throws the first pitch. The game starts at 7:00 and beers are $1.00.

— Matt and Ryan discussed Maker’s Mark’s new partnership with Louisville and if the same funding would work at UK. Have a listen on today’s podcast…

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Stadium Frame’s Final Four Print Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. Hunter
    2:48 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

Aww the final 4 poster ad.. I was curious when you all were going to post it again. Keep up the GREAT work.

2. William Braskey
    3:00 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

per espn insider

Another guard has emerged as a potential recruiting target — Demetrius Jackson. The 6-foot-1 guard has long been thought a Notre Dame-lean (especially since he lives very close to the Big East school), but a few other programs, including Butler and Illinois, are recruiting Jackson. Per Scout’s Evan Daniels, UK is expected to crack the list of schools recruiting the 2013 prospect

Rivals has him at #70 and Scout #9 point guard in 2013 class

3. bmt22033
    3:02 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

“Anthony Davis signed a three-year deal with the Hornets for 16.1 million today.”

And then he went home and called the Bentley dealer!

4. Help!
    3:06 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

Can someone at KSR tell me what I should do with my Calipari bottle?

It’s currently in the corner of my camper’s living quarters, on the box my Visio television came in. I know I’ve been given orders to hate them, but what to do about that bottle?

5. nassau65
    3:18 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

$279 for the print? It must come with a cheerleader

6. Hang up and listen
    3:19 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

Could Joker possibly be any more vague/annoying in his answers? His answer about the offensive scheme is so inspiring :-/

7. jj
    3:22 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

Since it’s a free site, do you think they make money from selling the prints….duh

8. TimeFor9
    3:41 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

So…looks like another spot is open on the UofL bench next year…think they’ll let Swop come back, kinda like they did with Van Treese?

9. IGotU!
    3:48 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

Yo dawg, #4 I gots you bruh. Just send yo bottle to me and I’ll drank it fo ya. I gots my Strong bottle in da fridge chillin right now but I’d rather drank the Cal bottle first and save the Strong bottle fo when I’m desperate. You can send ya bottle to do homeless shelter cuz that’s where I be living. L yeah, Cards for life! L1C4 ya dig!

10. Chik-fil-a hates you too...
    3:53 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

Drew, did they promise you a free teabag or reach-a-round for every one of these Stadium Frame promotions? I think Jones’s jaw is still out whack from holding Fan Outfitters in his mouth til the swelling went down after the t-shirt promos during this past season.

11. Drew
    4:21 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

Actually, 10, they promised me $1,000 for each comment b$tching about the amount of times I post this. So far I’m up to $10,000. Do you know how many Doritos Locos tacos I can buy with $10,000?

12. Matt P
    4:45 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

I’m almost to the point that I’d just about rather Kansas had beat us if it meant I didn’t have to look at that damn stadium print every day.

13. Biglaw Dawgin'
    4:49 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

For those of you wondering, that is the absolute maximum that the Hornets could’ve paid Davis under the new collective bargaining agreement. 120% of the rookie pay scale, see: http://www.wheretowatch.com/blog/uncategorized/newest-nba-rookies-salaries-rookie-salary-2012-2013/

14. 193
    4:51 pm July 24, 2012 Permalink

does anyone know how to purchase the advance tickets for the Bats game? I would like to get a Joe B Hall autograph.