Just talked for a little bit with Stacey Poole, who had the earlier of the two home visits that the UK staff was to make today. I will have a much more detailed piece tomorrow but I wanted to go ahead and throw out some of the main points of our discussion now.
– Stacey Poole has eliminated Indiana from his list of choices. He said that although he likes the coaches and they seemed like great guys, he “just wasn’t feeling it” when it came to the Hoosiers. He is now down to three schools: Clemson, South Carolina and Kentucky.
– Poole will be making his official visit to Kentucky this Friday or Saturday, with Saturday being the definite day that he will be in town. Of course, that is the same day as Brandon Knight’s visit and the same day as the UK/UL football showdown. After eliminating Indiana, he no longer plans on making the Sunday trip to Bloomington, obviously.
– His plan for right now is to not make a commitment until he finishes the visit to Kentucky and returns home. He says he will probably decide around two days after that visit.
– The meeting with Kentucky went great according to Poole and he said that he and his parents were able to have a nice discussion in their living room with the staff. He also felt that Coach Calipari was extremely honest and he really likes that about his style. Calipari told Poole that he would not be making him any promises about playing time, he never makes those promises to his players, but if he was to work hard, Calipari could really see him fitting into UK’s offense scheme.
– Coach Cal also told Poole that he envisions Poole at the 2-guard spot, meaning the speculation about Poole and Lamb vying for the same spot and scholarship, in a “first to commit” scenario, is probably true.
More coming tomorrow during my normal post. During that post I’ll have a more detailed look at how the visit with Poole went and I hope to have some information by then about Brandon Knight’s visit with the staff, which was 2nd on the to-do list today for the UK staff.