Stacey Poole is officially a Yellow Jacket

Georgia Tech announced today that Stacey Poole enrolled for the spring semester and joined the basketball team. The former Kentucky guard will be eligible to play following the fall semester. He’ll have 2 1/2 years of eligibility with the Yellow Jackets.

Congrats to Stacey on finding a new home and we wish him the best in the ACC.

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Stacey Poole is officially a Yellow Jacket

1. Sick of all the MLK stuff
    6:15 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Thanks for wasting a scholarship this year that could have landed up Jarnell Stokes…

2. PAK
    6:19 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Thought since he didn’t play this fall that he would be eligible at start of next season??

3. Colin
    6:19 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

#1 how the **** can you be mad at him for “wasting a scholarship” that could have landed Stokes????? How is he supposed to predict the future? You are really dumb and bitter, sir.

4. Michael
    6:20 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Agree with PAK, I thought he would have 3 full years of eligibility.

5. Pinch 'n' Roll Tactics
    6:23 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

can we get the podcast to go back to not being stupid? I’m still trying to catch today’s show. mmkaythnx

6. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    6:32 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Good luck, Stacey.

7. wldctky
    6:35 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

he didn’t play at all the 1st semester so he could have 3 full years… that doesn’t make sense

8. Brentton Akers
    6:39 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

So if he can play in the fall when will the 1/2 year come into effect? We he play the next two years and the start of a third? Or sit out until December and play another two years after that?

9. The Dude
    6:43 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

#1 doesn’t exist.

10. AshlandCat
    6:48 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

11. Weekly Stew
    6:49 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

I agree with #1 and I hope now this website will stop reporting everytime stacey poole farts.

12. AbeFromanSK
    7:17 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Good. I hate seeing a kid with so much potential do nothing but sit on the bench. Best of luck to him.

13. ukfan
    7:46 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

he’s a quitter.. good riddance stacey, go to Georgia Tech and party at 3 AM with the teams star player on a game night

14. ButtCheeks
    8:36 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

That Jones has some big ole lips.

15. Booyakasha!
    8:46 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Stacey Poole Jr. was never good enough to play high-major basketball. He’s got no excuses at GT and now he’ll prove his skill level and basketball IQ is low. I watched him play in high school and was amazed that he was offered. When I spoke with Reggie Hanson after he committed and he even said he wasn’t UK quality. That’s coming from a guy that was recruiting him at USF. I wish Stacey luck, but he’ll need more than that.

16. Goose givens
    8:46 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

He’s a punk. I’d beat the brakes off his butt

17. What?
    9:57 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Why is everyone crapping on this kid? Just be happy for the fact that he’s now set to start over at a new university (one with a really good academic tradition I might add). You can’t expect every single player to pan out here, and when one doesn’t, you surely shouldn’t then blame the kid for the fact that things didn’t work out. A lot of fans on here need to grow up and get some perspective.

18. thenamerobdigity
    10:26 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Thanks for nothing. Dont let the door hit you on the way out. #wasteofascholarship

19. Calipari'sInYourEar
    10:30 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Stacey was over ranked coming out of high school. (4 star – 33rd in Class of 2010 on Rivals.com)

This could also mean that he underworked and accepted his place on the bench.

Cal did pick him and it’s clear he wasn’t picked to be a starter in his first or second year. Most likely he was picked as a four year player.

My question, did he not understand this?

20. CatlantaBlue
    10:31 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

Good luck, Stacey! While I hate Georgia Tech I will root for you!

21. the Big Dog
    10:55 pm January 16, 2012 Permalink

That piece of crap probably cost us Stokes by taking up a scholarship.

22. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    7:41 am January 17, 2012 Permalink

While I agree that maybe this decision should have came at the conclusion of last season, I still think it is ridiculous that people are crapping on Poole. When you don’t have an opportunity to play in games and make improvement what is the point in playing? And people that are bitter about Stokes…he committed to Tennessee. He plays for an 8-9 team, of course he is going to look good. #overrated

23. Bpiddy
    8:54 am January 17, 2012 Permalink

It makes no difference that he is leaving, he barely played. Too many of you are way too quick to hate on a kid. Good luck to him.

24. To The Fairweather Fans...
    9:19 am January 17, 2012 Permalink

Stacey Poole is not the last kid who will come to UK and then transfer under Coach Cal. He’s not quite good enough to make the regular rotation, but too gifted to accept sitting on the bench. Teams ranked 15-50 are littered with these type of players. Stacey was a great teamate and the best cheerleader on UK’s bench. I’m sure once MKG got on campus, he realized then what all of America realizes now – that he may be the best player at his position in the country, and he’s playing the whole game unless he’s in foul trouble. I love the mop-up guys, but Poole is a far better fit in Cal’s system than Hood, Polson, and Twanny. If you want to point fingers for “using up scholarships”, don’t start with Poole. BTW, an available scholarship didn’t mean Stokes was coming to Lexington, and before his time is done at UT, UK fans will look back and say I’m glad he went somewhere else.

25. Iowacat