Sports Grid Investigates: “Damn Liberal Socialists”

On the radio show this morning, sweet little Chester called in and blamed “damn liberal socialists” for Kentucky not making the NCAA Tournament. Like the serious journalism professionals they are, Sports Grid investigated this premise and found some potentially damning evidence (including the picture above, but you’ll have to read the piece for details) suggesting that YES, the DLS screwed us over. Check it out here, and try to cheer up a little bit, guys. Monday’s halfway over.

@KristenGeilKSR

Article written by Kristen Geil

30 Comments for Sports Grid Investigates: “Damn Liberal Socialists”

1. Glenn Davis
    3:12 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

“Like the serious journalism professionals they are…” – Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?! How DARE you?! (Seriously, thanks for the link, KSR crew.) – Glenn

2. PatPattersonISwalkingthruthatdoor
    3:14 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

chester’s rantings sum up our commonwealth’s electorate fairly well, unfortunately.

3. Usernametaken
    3:19 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Good old talk radio.

4. Anse Hatfield
    3:19 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

The reason for such an article notwithstanding, it is hilarious.

5. UKBlue
    3:21 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

We need to stop blaming people & except the fact that we sucked this year & we totally embarrassed ourselves; the players did this to themselves. Ryan crying after the game takes the cake, like you have to be kidding me; get this kid out of here.

#2 This isn’t just the Commonwealth electorate, this is the worlds low information voter way of thinking.

6. Reality check
    3:23 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Well…it’s fairly true..wake up Kentucky and America. We could be Cyprus.

7. DEASY
    3:24 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

#5 accept****

Also, your use of semicolons is questionable.

8. Blame Game
    3:26 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

#5 all our low points considered, we are still a 22 win UK team with wins over Mizzou and Florida. We got hosed. We will never see the day that a 22 win KS, UNC, Puke, etc is held out of the tournament. During the 99-00 season UNC got in with an 18-13 record with a first round ACC loss to Wake Forest. UNC ended up making a Final Four run, but it is still the fact that they got in with that record while we were kept out this year with 22 wins. Even if our conference is weak, which it was, we should be held in the same regard as UNC, KS and Puke

9. UKAlum
    3:27 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

1. Chester is a perfect representative of a good portion of the electorate. Sitting in their truck, in the rain, listening to sports talk radio.

2. If Chester hates that “liberal socialism” then I hope he never avails himself of the police department, fire department, medicare, social security, or any of the other blood-sucking, America killing “socialist services”.

10. BIG MONEY ROB
    3:28 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

That might have been the most terrible horrible i got dumber wasted my time god awful link that has ever been posted on this site. It had no substance at all. Jones read that article ^

11. 42 Ethics Violations
    3:29 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Chester also thinks Farmer was hosed…Chester ain’t to bright.

12. UKAlum
    3:30 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

10- The article is supposed to be humor, a concept which is apparently foreign to the majority of our fanbase and the KSR readers. If you want hard hitting news and information constantly, there are a myriad of crappy pay sites out there…

13. uk3k_J
    3:32 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

As funny as Chester’s comments were, they unfortunately reaffirm the Kentucky stereotype of being uneducated backwoods idiots. And now they are getting play elsewhere.

14. Heisenberg
    3:32 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

KSR–great way to piss more people off than they already are, you decide to bring politics into it….can of worms….

15. UKAlum
    3:33 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

14- There is nothing political about any of this, its humor…HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR.

16. paper thin agenda
    3:36 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Any excuse to inject politics and paint your opponents in a negative light. Good move ksr. This is no different that national hosts taking a stupid comment and painting the whole fanbase with it.

17. Laker Cat 18
    3:37 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

15. Some of these people’s emotions are similar to those of a middle school girl hitting puberty. Talk about sensitive. LOL.

18. Blame Game
    3:40 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

UKAlum, All items your list in post #9 may not be physically killing Americans (besides over aggressive cops), but it is a list of extreme cost to tax payers with minimal return and impact. Medicare and social security are two programs that are getting cut and robbed from. Police/Fire service can also be payed like an insurance policy without the heavy tax burden. Everyone who doesn’t agree with taxes being spent on these particular things is not an idiot or a supposed conservative. I don’t know Chester, he might be, but the fact is that our government is beyond broke from over spending our dollars and the list you gave are a few small examples of that…………..Oh yeah, disappointed with not making the tournament, but Go Cats

19. UKAlum
    3:47 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

18- Being that you cannot deduce the context in which the word “killing” was used in my post, I cannot take any successive argument serious.

17- You would think that the program is going on probation and they are stripping all of our wins from the last 100 years away. Get a grip folks, its just one season.

20. Big Blue B-Rad
    3:53 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

It’s dangerous to put this kind of crap out there.

21. bringith
    4:06 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

11. If Chester wrote your comment, I wonder if he would have used the correct form of “too”. If so, then he may be brighter than you.

22. Get the facts Jack
    4:10 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

#9…Might want to check on that police and fire part of being socialist (*hint Most have very conservative viewpoints)

23. Big Blue 66
    4:15 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

2 things, first, I think Matt knows his hit revenue will be alot lower than this time last year and hes throwing idiocy at the wall to see if anything sticks. 2. Going to Transy and Duke law, and throw in all the other ego driven issues hes had with other jobs, and I take it his ego and need to rise above his eastern KY roots cause him to subconsciously make fun of KY and its people, all with his guise of being some sort of die hard UK fan. I know my post will be deleted quickly, supporting my thoughts even more as truth.

24. BornTooLate
    4:26 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I really, really hope some flea bitten website/blogger doesn’t personally hassle (meaning sift his trash, interview his neighbors, look up his political affiliation, etc, and in general crucify) Chester for saying what’s on his mind in a way that was far more civil than what we hear from our political leaders on a daily basis. “DLS” comes in way behind the insults and threats posted on KSR yesterday. I say let Chester speak and just move on. He’s a UK fan, I’m a UK fan and if I do or do not agree with his political views, it’s not life or death, it’s a basketball tournament. Hope the headline hungry media let him live his life – He’s not hurting anyone.

25. Mark 25
    4:42 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Thank You 18 most Americans are socialist and don’t even know it

26. Cowboy
    4:46 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m so far to the right I make Mitch McConnell look like Obama, and even I can laugh at this… read the top of the website.. “…brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible”

Chester provided a laugh and KSR shared it with those who couldn’t listen today, like me. You morons are what makes the Ky fanbase look like idiots, not this site or Chester.

.. and people wonder why I drink.

27. Matt
    4:52 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

After that call, it’s time for a shot of Jim Beam. Here’s to Chester: UK’s greatest sports talk radio caller in history. Thank You Chester. Now I’m going to die laughing!

28. Dt
    4:12 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

#22 – I don’t think you understand. The police dept and fire dept are benefits of a socialist system. What do you think funds those services? Perhaps it is you that should “get the facts Jack.” In fact, if you refer to Section I Article 8 of the Constitution, you’ll find a lot of “socialist” language.

29. Blame Game
    9:27 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

#19 – UK Alum – I said that the items on your list are not physically killing Americans. Meaning that I know that the list is not killing Americans. Deduce that you pompous prick. “I cannot take any successive argument serious.” Choke yourself, wait since you are above all other humans, make one of your servants do it for you. Arrogant ass

30. Hillbilly Jim
    9:49 pm March 19, 2013 Permalink

I guess Kentucky wasn’t as good as Chester thought since they would wipe the floor with other “unworthy” teams that did get in.