Sometimes, Recruiting Is Simple

The contact period for basketball recruiting got started today at midnight, which meant all across the country, college coaches started hiding in trash cans, knocking on doors at one in the morning and poking people’s moms on Facebook (L Yes!).  It’s officially crazy time.  And Kentucky target Archie Goodwin wants in.

In an interview this week, the five-star shooting guard from Arkansas talked about why he eliminated various teams from his recruitment.  After saying that he dropped the Missouri Tigers partially because he didn’t even know the head coach’s name, Goodwin elaborated on why he’s not going to be a Baylor Bear.  And it’s not too complicated.

Here’s what he said:

“I can look over the adidas thing — I own some adidas stuff. I didn’t like their colors, either. I don’t like green and gold. That’s ugly …. When you got ugly colors like that, you gotta be Nike. …. Baylor has some ugly shoes, too.”

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…..#FreeAaronBoyd

Full story

Article written by Thomas Beisner

7 Comments for Sometimes, Recruiting Is Simple

1. Hambone1480
    3:22 pm September 9, 2011 Permalink

Kids today. Jeeez. He probably wants to wear some Marty McFly’s wherever he goes.

2. Han
    3:36 pm September 9, 2011 Permalink

Wow, so Nike isn’t selling the McFly’s yet, apparently. But they are auctioning 150 pairs a day for 10 days with proceeds going to the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Right now, they’re going for upwards of $5,000 a pair.

And they don’t even power lace.

3. You Can Call Me Cal
    3:52 pm September 9, 2011 Permalink

Here is the rest of the quote “On top of that, the one assistant coach I did really know — Coach Morefield, he moved on to doing something in the NBA so once they lost him I didn’t feel too comfortable with any other assistants on their team.”

“And then, I don’t like it that they play a 2-3 zone. I would rather play man[-to-man defense] than zone because you don’t play zone in the NBA. It’s 95% man.”

Hover board doesn’t work on water if you don’t have Powah!

4. riot
    4:04 pm September 9, 2011 Permalink

Is he going to be playing basketball or walking down the runway? Damn, kid!

5. Mitch
    4:59 pm September 9, 2011 Permalink

I gotta agree with him. Green and gold is UGLY not quite as bad as the puke orange but damn near. You can play basketball and look good or go to school with UGLY colors and look like a clown playing basketball

6. Hero
    6:33 pm September 9, 2011 Permalink

I never put much weight on brands and colors…and stuff like that but I must have missed the memo where Nike or Adidas is the deciding factor on where kids today play ball at?

Oh yeah…18 year olds with “handlers” too…WTF? I guess that is high profile recruiting though?

I could give two $hits about all of that but if it helps UK win a NC, then I’m good with it all. Still find it silly and crazy…but whatever!

7. OregonCat
    10:03 pm September 9, 2011 Permalink

Wow! Am I glad we have cool uniforms! You should see the Oregon Ducks. Makes Baylor look like prom queens.