– You’re going to hear plenty of stories of tomorrow (many of which should NEVER be told), but I would like to give a big Thank You to Matt and the crew for having our friend, Rick Pitino, join in the merriment. Even though he only gave us about 15 seconds of his time, you can’t ask for much more.
– I heard some good news about Damien Harris. Football season had me out of the recruiting loop for awhile, but after this weekend’s visits I heard some pleasant chirping. It isn’t anything along the lines of, “Sources tell KSR that Damien Harris bought Stoops a cake and committed,” but unless something Earth-shattering happens, I can say with confidence that I will not be too worried about Damien leaving the state when he decides on January 9th.
– Speaking of announcements, I wish I could have made it out to Drake Jackson’s yesterday. Ryan Lemond will give you all of the details tomorrow morning, and I’ll be back in a little while to try to encapsulate the awesomeness of Wofo’s Finest.
– Poor Johnnie Football. I’m kind of a Bengals fan, but JFF is probably the most entertaining college football player I’ve ever seen. I want him to succeed in the League; unfortunately, the only thing cool about JFF’s first start was watching the Bengals’ taunt him, time after time.
– I’m done with school (finally) so I’ll be back over the holidays to relive the good and bad from the season. There really was a lot more good than bad believe it or not.
Until then, we can play a little ‘what if’ game. We reported shortly after the season ended that Ryan Timmons had ankle surgery. Well, the thing is…he wasn’t the only one. I haven’t kept tabs on all of the on-campus crutches, but there were a lot, and they weren’t the guys that sit on the sideline either. Boom played on a bad ankle for at least the last month of the season. I also discovered Pat Towles’ ankle kept him to very limited snaps before Louisville.
My point is this: this team was REALLY banged up, without the depth to cover the holes (especially on D), the Cats were consistently crushed at the end of the year. Their performance after the Bye Week proved they needed it much, much earlier. So what if it came after the Mizzou game? With a defense that had some life in them, the Cats could’ve given “UGA a much better game and possibly Rocky Topped UT in Knoxville. But as my Father would say, “If ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas.
– On a final note, Kentucky is still REALLY good at basketball. For those in the BBN head to ‘Cago to watch the Cats crush UCLA, I hope you’re prepared to get as aggressive as I will be. Bring your big boy pants, the BBN is coming in HOT.