The K-Fund debuted a fancy new website this morning with details about the upcoming renovations to Commonwealth Stadium. The site says the long-term goal for the renovations is to “re-invent Commonwealth Stadium, to give UK Athletics, and the University as a whole, game day and day-to-day entertainment space.” Here are some details:
– Spectator driven improvements (i.e. improved concessions, restrooms, video boards, and security)
– Multi-purpose recruiting room in East end zone (Field House end)
– Add 10 to 15 suites, one for Presidential use to seat 100-150 patrons.
– Add 2,000 to 2,500 club seats
– New press facilities
– New team store
– New full service kitchen
– Improve the UK brand at Commonwealth Stadium
– Maintain, or slightly reduce, seating capacity while increasing the value of the remaining seats.
The model above is designed “based on the funding available” and is estimated to cost $125 million. Does this mean we’re about to get some good news about the much-needing bonding capacity from the Legislature?