So You’re Saying You’re Excited About This Game?

Reports from those frustrated at the moment say lower level tickets available for presale sold out in as little as 10 minutes.  Others say that you can still get single tickets, but wanting two or more together is just crazy talk at this point.  If that’s not true, then people are liars.  And you probably already knew that.

Regardless, it sounds like any concern that interest might be slightly low are out the window, huh?  You guys love Kentucky basketball.  You know you love Kentucky basketball.  I mean, you love exhibition basketball with random NBA players.  You know you love exhibition basketball with random NBA players.

If you haven’t gotten a chance yet, you can still try to get some upper level tickets through presale by following this link and entering NATION as the password.

UPDATE:  Cal is impressed…

cal-tweet-tickets

Article written by Thomas Beisner

40 Comments for So You’re Saying You’re Excited About This Game?

1. Huh???
    10:36 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

This has probably been covered several times but if UK nor the NCAA is affiliated with this event, how can the NCAA legally lock TV and Radio out??? Lawdog, what’s up?

2. Wildcat4life
    10:47 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

I was not able to get 3 lower arena seats at 10:01

3. selby roush
    10:51 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

nt being a computer geek I got in what throught all the fields. which they give you a time limit. I though i had it made got the price. called my wife to tell her the news. Only to find out I forgot some field and had only 3 seconds to find my expiration date.,
    and then they kick me out. Oh well I tried

4. Ben
    10:52 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

I got two together in section 42 on the second try! I got a no tickets available for 35.00 tickets on the first try. Something strange is going on. I think Ticket Master holds out tickets for future release. Someone needs to open a competing service or UK needs their own service!

5. Bob
    10:54 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

try again on Monday. They only allot so many tickets for presales. Maybe you’ll have better luck then.

6. Mr. Bojangles
    10:56 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

5) That is my plan. At 10:10 I was only able to get upper level, but as we all know, being there is being there. That is what I wanted most.

7. Jessica
    10:56 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

I got 3 tickets for lower level row V. I feel like I could have gotten better, but I didn’t want to risk losing these seats for worse ones. Oh well. All lower level seats at Rupp Arena are good seats!

8. daveUK
    10:58 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

You could tell Ticketmaster’s website was Big Blue Madness busy right at 10:00 – it took a couple of minutes to show the tickets available but I got lucky and got 3 in lower arena. I usually get kicked out or end up with upper level so I’m definitely happy this time! Good showing by Big Blue Nation – we really are crazy!

9. ryno
    11:00 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

lucked out with 5 in section 33. Refreshing began at 9:57:)

10. catben
    11:01 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

The scalpers have the Ticketmaster on-line sales rigged by using various programs to buy up all the good seats! I was on at 10:01 trying to buy 3 seats and was given section 242 Row U. I hope the fans call UK and voice the disgust with the current system. It really is ridiculous!

11. ThaCoach
    11:03 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

What is the total price of one ticket for the event

12. KC
    11:05 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

I guess I was lucky; ended up with 2 in the front row of sec 40. It’s gonna be fun!

13. Richard Simmons
    11:05 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

At 10:05 there I couldn’t get any lower level tickets. How is this possible? Getting into Rupp these days is about as likely as your chances of playing hopscotch with the pope.

14. boogies forearm
    11:06 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

I got 7 lower level tickets right at 10:00

15. Richard Simmons
    11:06 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

#12 I hate you.

16. Tiger's Trojan Head Cover
    11:08 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

Jones just claimed one of the reasons the tix sold so fast was KSR?? C’mon, man….It’s the passion of the fans, not your website. Your arrogance is getting old….

17. Joe Mammy
    11:09 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

I got 2 in row CC of section 40 right at 10:00. They typically only have certain sections available for pre-sales. They will release the rest Monday.

18. Jason
    11:10 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

6 rows up from the court. And i went though the ticket finding process twice. Guess i got lucky. Can’t imagine seeing guys like Rondo and Prince that close up, who ive never seen play in person (Besides Prince twice in Detroit). Rondo’s my favorite player too. I cannot wait.

And selling these out = UK fans are as good as being fans and the players on the UK Legends team are at basketball.

19. Bob
    11:10 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

I got 2 in row AA of section 41 right at 10.

20. mark emmert
    11:10 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

[email protected] email mark emmert right now

21. pioneer
    11:11 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

The reason is simply that people were allowed to buy a max of 10 tickets. Scalpers and sale services thrive on that. I refer anyone to stubhub and look up the game. Not 10 minutes after they went on sale, lower level tickets were being put on sale at $250 a piece. Is our fan base really this rediculous?….. ok maybe I can answer my own question….. YES!

22. M Corleone
    11:12 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

So when is SexnNursinHomes going to become one of the regular writers on KSR? Surely, there is a demand for it. How about after “UK Fans Want Afternoon Notes” he can post his analysis of those fans and their particular attributes.

23. wildcatfan11
    11:18 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

i couldnt get 4 vip tics at 1005!!

24. Jules Camara
    11:19 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

will beer be sold?

25. uksteve
    11:20 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

2 in section 27 row n

26. Chuck Hayes jockstrap
    11:26 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

Thanks for buying ten at a time, dicks

27. ukmilz79
    11:28 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

Yep, I was unable to get 2 lower arena at 10:01 also. Settled for section 2 in section 232 @ 10:05

28. True Blue
    11:29 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

Did anyone else have trouble getting tickets because of Verified by Visa? Couldn’t get past that page so I went from second Sec 231 Row B to no tickets at all!

29. bayoucat
    11:33 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

24.) Liquor and beer. I know people at RUPP.

30. VII
    11:40 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

was in at 10am sharp. Got lower level behind the basket. I wanted side seats even if it meant upper level. Too bad, all I was offered was upper behind the basket. Oh well, at least I’m in the building.

31. Lynn
    11:41 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

#28 Yep verified by Visa wouldnt accept my card (which Ive used before on ticketmaster with no problem). Immediately put in a different card (this one mastercard) and didnt have a problem. Dont believe my luck but got section 17 row A!!

32. John Wall's Mom
    11:43 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

I got Section 24 Row GG at 10:12, patience is virtue.

33. NCAA police
    11:47 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

Remember it will be an NCAA violation if you fans in attendance start chanting “Go Big Blue!”

34. MAn
    11:49 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

28.) Just press no thanks on that page.

35. kyleuk21
    11:59 am July 29, 2011 Permalink

Sec 13 Row C yessssir

36. Jaws2
    12:04 pm July 29, 2011 Permalink

4 tickets in Section 16 Row BB at 10:11; Nice

37. Dr. Dick Fitzenbutts
    12:36 pm July 29, 2011 Permalink

4– I work in the ticketing industry (not for Ticketmaster) and can tell you that you’re incorrect. Any venue/team/school that has a contract with Ticketmaster makes any and all decisions on what tickets are available at a given time. If any tickets were “held” that decision was made by the event promoter and or Rupp Arena. Ticketmaster is purely the vehicle to make the tickets available to the masses. It’s not a case where UK “gives” TM a certain set of tickets to sell and UK keeps others to sell. All tickets that were pre-determined to be made available were up for sale via all channels (internet, phone, box office), in this case internet only. This is the case for any and all events sold via TM. Since this was a presale I assume only a certain portion of tickets were made available rather than the entire inventory. One last thing on that topic. TM makes $0 on the actual ticket price. They make their money on the various fees you pay in addition to the face value. That being said, even if they did have the ability to hold tickets, by doing so they would actively be trying NOT to make money. Does that make any sense?

10– As for the assertion that ticket brokers and/or scalpers have some programs they run to cheat they system…this maybe was the case many years ago, but with the advanced technology (like the nonsense words you have to type in before you can continue…read about captcha online) being used today this is no longer really the case.

38. Ghostofbearbryant
    2:14 pm July 29, 2011 Permalink

These are same idiots that think bbm is a grand ol time

39. ROBIN RHEA
    10:51 pm July 29, 2011 Permalink

I started at 10:10 trying to get lower arena tickets. After about 6 tries, I went for best available. I got stuck with Row ee upper deck, 31 rows up. I don’t believe 24,500 seat Rupp Arena sold out in 20 minutes. A lot of loyal fans got rooked, including me.

40. .