So Many Questions About This Louisville Scandal

pitin-ho

The biggest story in college basketball is Louisville’s latest sex scandal and it isn’t going away any time soon. After word broke late last week that a prostitute wrote a book that could bring down the UofL basketball program, the Bluegrass has been anxiously awaiting any little piece of news on the story. Everyone, red and blue, is tuned in to see how this ends. One side dreading a potentially disastrous outcome, while the other watches its archrival suffer, hoping for the absolute worst.

Me, I’m enjoying the hell out of it. Can’t thank the universe enough for wrapping this gift and delivering it to my doorstep last Friday. Like everyone else, I’m devouring handfuls of popcorn with all eyes glued to the situation, rooting for Louisville’s demise. But as I wait for it all to play out, I have so many questions about the whole thing. I’m throwing them all out there tonight…

You’re a star basketball player. Why hookers?

Anyone playing basketball at the University of Louisville should have no trouble getting laid on any given night. That goes for everyone on the team; not just the star players. Walk-ons get boy band ass when they’re a member of a top 10 basketball program. There are jersey chasers everywhere and they’re very good at doing just that: chasing jerseys. The whole point of their existence is they come to you, hence the “chase.” Minimal effort to get them home for a night. It’s a great deal for athletes. It’s unfair to the rest of us, really.

But for some reason, the Louisville boys wanted paid help. Showing up at the nearest house party is just too much work, I guess. They had to hit the ATM and call in the professionals. I don’t understand it. It’s completely free and legal 20 steps out their front door on campus.

Why at the dorms?

So let’s say nightwalkers are your thing. Maybe you prefer a seasoned vet in the sack and the way she smells like USA Gold menthols, knockoff Dolce & Gabbana perfume, and week-old Long John Silver’s. It’s not my style, but who am I to judge someone else’s tastes in women? The heart wants what it wants. I get it. No judgment here. Do you.

But why take them to the dorms? Hookers, bless their hearts, traditionally perform their craft in half-star motels and dark alleys. (So I’ve heard.) You don’t take them out of their element and into a new arena. Not only are they fish out of water; in this case, they took pictures and kept a journal and now it’s all over the place.

You know where they wouldn’t have taken pictures? Red Carpet Inn. You know where there’s no evidence anything went down? Red Carpet Inn. Not the UofL basketball dorms.

But isn’t that what you paid them to do?

Sounds to me like a real waste of money. You had one job!

What kind of a sick human being pimps out her own teenage daughters?

While I find humor in 99.9999999999999 percent of this whole scandal, the mother-daughter prostitution ring is terribly sad.

If you want to sell your body for money, by all means, do as you please. God gave it to you and if you want to share it with the world to pay this month’s cable bill, that’s your prerogative. But to pull your own daughters into that lifestyle and encourage them to do the same? Disgusting. Sickening. Hell isn’t hot enough for you.

Was anyone surprised to see Chane Behanan’s name in the mix?

Chane, man. That guy can’t stay out of the news. Mr. Violation Of Team Rules himself played a major role in these allegations, to no one’s surprise. Almost two years removed from his dismissal from Louisville and he’s still a cancer to Rick Pitino and the program.

And to think, he almost ended up at Kentucky.

Is Tom Jurich suffering from dementia?

In his Friday evening press conference, Jurish uttered the words, “Coach Pitino has a perfect track record.”

Selective memory much?

Where did Andre McGee get the money?

The allegations date back to McGee’s time as a graduate assistant, a position that does not pay well. So unless he was the unanimous Team Player of the Year, or had a part-time job on the side, how did he fund these parties?

I love my friends, but I’m not buying them hookers. Not on more than one occasion, at least.

When will this stop being funny?

Did Rick Pitino know it was happening?

Ah, the million dollar question: Did Rick Pitino know?

The madam says yes, Pitino knew. She claims Andre McGee told her, “Rick knows about everything.”

But as scandalous as Rick is — and he is very scandalous — I have a hard time believing he would’ve let this go on where it did. My guess is, at worst, he knew to a certain extent and turned his head. I can’t imagine he played any role in it or allowed it to happen.

Will the 2013 title banner come down?

Unlikely. banner-cover

But U of L fans will never, ever, ever, ever, ever hear the end of it if it does.

Article written by Drew Franklin

62 Comments for So Many Questions About This Louisville Scandal

1. JamesCatsFan
    8:05 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Can someone please make #L1CWhore trending?

2. kramer
    8:10 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

OMG Drew!!! Pimp Pitino 😆😆 too funny!!

• BigBlueSkyDog
      10:34 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Captured the essence of Pi(mp)tino.

3. Eric
    8:13 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Awesome work Drew!! I love it!

4. ukfan
    8:13 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Can we stop giving the UofL fans so much grief? They didn’t condone this crap. I feel terrible for them. They just want to support their team just like us.

• ...
      8:27 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

In a word, no.

• CW
      8:50 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Maybe if they didn’t try to say Calipari is a dirty head coach or that he pays our recruits whenever UK basketball is brought up to them, then maybe. But until then, this can be karma for them telling us the past 6 years that UK would get riddled with sanctions by the NCAA when, in fact, they are the ones facing sanctions now.

5. jeffj
    8:20 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

dag gone drew !! you nailed this to the wall !! can’t wait to see “duh -vile’s” 1st “practice’

6. UKinIN
    8:29 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Not defending anything ever about U of L but a madame saying that McGee said “Pitino knows everything” is not the same as Pitino knowing. It wouldn’t stand up in court and Jurich would never fire Pitino on that kind of evidence. What I’m waiting for is for Pitino to take responsibility for HIS program and Jurich’s tap dancing as he explains that Rick isn’t going anywhere.

• KT
      3:06 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

NCAA not a court of law. They took down umass banner when Camby admitted going to great lengths to hide it from Cal and Cal was the one that turned it in when he found out. Larry Brown was just banned although there was no direct knowledge on his part but it happened under his watch. I suspect Rick intentionally insulated himself much as Roy did at UNC. Still, you are in charge of the team, it comes with the big check responsibilities. Honestly I don’t think Rick knew details of what went on but I do think he turned a blind eye. This was pretty bad, not Miami football bad, but worse than Larry Brown situation. The direct involvement by member(s) of AD and team will be hardest part to ignore in an investigation.

7. leon singleton
    8:29 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Will Pinto’s tattoo come off.

8. calipeari
    8:30 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

dom hawkins broke his hand in practice today, out at least 4 weeks

• Questioning Glare
      8:38 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Source?

• Mathlete
      8:22 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

WKYT, KSR, WLEX, ESPN, Cal’s facebook page… it’s legit.

9. Ha!
    8:31 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

That little tier-2 commuter school is getting absolutely OWNED. They will never recover from this deplorable scandal. This ain’t fake classes we’re talking about here…..

This will embarrass the NCAA heads, and judgment will be harsh.

Karma is a sonofabitch, ain’t it, Tard fans? 😉

• 8 god
      8:32 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

As a current college student, I hope your “this ain’t fake classes we’re talking about here” is intentionally ironic. Because UNC’s systematic academic fraud is one of the most egregious violations in the history of college athletics. Far, far more harmful than providing some hookers to recruits.

10. Doug Pelfrey's Facemask
    8:44 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

The biggest issue is they went with the cheap hookers. People who can get laid whenever they want only go to hookers because they’re supposed to be “professionals” with discretion. In this day of social media and everyone having a platform though, it’s hard out there on a pimp.

11. Catlogic15
    8:47 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

If the whole “Circle of Partake” at UL clams up, nothing happens. But if just one…..

Why hookers? Guess you’d have to ask the NBA and NFL players. They have unpaid groupies too.

12. Harry
    8:56 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

No evidence of any decency here. I think it’s pathetic myself, pathetic that it happened and pathetic that it’s being celebrated.

• seefus
      9:01 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

i’m just thankful it didn’t come out at christmas time—i might have died with glee.

• Ironic
      9:19 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think UK fans are celebrating that it happened, at least not as much as some of the recruits dad’s were allegedly celebrating it. We just like seeing the fans eat their own words when all we’ve heard is how much our program cheats. I do enjoy seeing karma go full circle. No wait, the dads were involved……I don’t feel bad celebrating their demise if their own parents were in on it. I’m gonna make a L1Cwhore cake and invite all the neighbors over. We gonna celebrate!!!!!!

13. Shelby
    9:22 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

This isn’t a “party or two” folks, it’s several encounters between recruits, players, and prostitutes…of course pitino AND jurich knew. Wink, nod, and look the other way. This is the same athletic director who had the colossal gall to rehire Petrino–the biggest piece of trash in the college football coaching world. I need no further proof that winning, regardless of the methodology, comes first to jurich. No way in hell is this all andre mcgee’s doing–it was funded; mcgee didn’t make enough money to pay for this.

14. TheDude33
    9:53 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I hate Louisville more than anything but Pitino was doing this crap at UK back in the 90’s. I was there from 94-98 and had talked to 2 profs that said that they had been asked by the Athletics Dept to give kids grades (Antione Walker). They didn’t want to but had tremendous pressure to do so. I know what Louisville has done is bad but Pitino knew all about back then. He knows about it now. So I’m not surprised at all.

• lonnieb
      10:27 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I’m sure a random professor told YOU a student at uk that he gave grades to basketball players because of pressure. You can say you had classes with the players and they didn’t show up all the time and didn’t know which way was up…….but that professor didn’t risk his teaching credentials by telling another student he gave grades to the ball players

• Ummmmm no
      10:56 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Hahaha this is ridiculous. He’s gonna just volunteer this info to a student. Um ok……if it sounds like a card fan and lies like a card fan……well you’re a card fan aren’t ya. Sorry bout your programs impending demise but don’t try to bring us down. We celebrating yo!!!!!

• catdaddyd
      9:55 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

I’m assuming the was a money management business class.

15. Jaw
    9:55 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

How is this whole thing good for BBN except for spite? Just saying but the rivalry works more for us than them.

• Ha!
      10:12 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Wait, are you implying we need THEM?

• theWilkman
      10:30 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Laughable. We have the hardest schedule in the country (there’s is the easiest), and UofL isn’t the reason why. We are the only non-conference team on their schedule that has any chance of making the tournament. So no, they need us much more than we need them.

16. TheDude33
    9:56 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Also, if the media had the resources it has today back then Pitino woulda been busted back then.

17. Katmomama
    10:13 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

The real victims of this story are the recruits. If my 17-yr-old son went to an official college visit and was treated to hookers I would be opening a giant can of whoop-ass on that coach! There is no way the coaches didn’t know this. I think not only Petino, but Jurich and the entire bunch needs to go. But they have a president under investigation, so there isn’t much of a moral compass to lead.

18. Just Say'n
    10:41 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Update: My brother just informed me that in the book the madame says that one of the reasons she got upset with McGee was that he wanted her to get him some white women and that @issed her off. I doubt you’ll see that in the papers anywhere. Especially in ‘metro’ loserville.

19. Bigdawg
    11:19 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

” Clark, it’s the gift that keeps on giving the whole year long ” Eddie from Christmas vacation.

20. Bob
    11:50 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

How did he pay? My guess is stipend money that universities provide chaperones for recruiting visits.

21. True Story
    11:56 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

pRUSS-titution?

• True Story
      11:57 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

That’s just Russ-diculous! 😉

22. UKALLDAY
    12:44 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Honestly, we all know what happened. We know Louisville paid for hoes for their players. Maybe Patino knew, but I am not NOW or EVER WILL I be a believer in taking banners down or vacating things that took place on the court/ field. IT’S SO PETTY. Do you really think Coach Cal didn’t take Umass to the final four in 96 or Memphis in 07′? Look at his twitter page, 6 FINAL FOURS!! Louisville won the title in 2013 PERIOD! Such a weak way to take crap away THAT ALREADY HAPPENED! It would not make me feel better if Lousiville’s title was vacated. I mean if that’s the case can we do the whole 2013 NCAA tourney over? Let them deal with this and lets MOVE ON and WORRY ABOUT OUR TEAM!!

• Ha!
      12:59 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I know it would make you sad, but it would make actual UK fans happy. 😉

23. Mr. Blonde
    2:14 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I think of Reba McEntire singing “Fancy” right before visiting Montrezl Harell.

24. Echo1
    5:39 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think UL loses a single fan even if all of the story is true. Given the character of a Louisville fan, this just gives the program more street cred.

• Patrick _Wren
      7:20 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Echo1…..I just spit coffee everywhere! Way too funny. You win.

• facts
      10:28 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Echo1,you mean like the UK people that named their arena after Rupp. Rupp won 3 banners with players that were paid.You don’t remember the point shaving that got UK the “death penalty”,I guess.UK is one of two schools that has had the “Death Penalty” in basketball.Quiet an honor.

How many games did UK play in 1953? Zero is the correct answer.That’s a long time ago,right?But you still count the banners that Rupp won just prior to that with illegal players.

• theWilkman
      10:32 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Keep reaching, facts. Anything to take your mind off Hookergate

• facts
      10:48 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

theWilkman Name one thing that Is not true that I posted.By the way,keep denying.

• theWilkman
      11:34 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Denying what? I just pointed out the absurdity of you Louisville fans, grasping at straws from the 50s to try and make yourselves feel better.

Besides, you can take away all of our banners that Rupp won and keep your ill-gotten one from 2013, and we still have you beat.

• Ha!
      12:36 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Hahaha! Jim the UL troll is back, trying to somehow justify UofL’s actions to Cat fans…. lol hilarious.

And what Rupp players were paid? I know a few players on the team shaved points, but thats not getting paid to play there…..???

• Dude
      12:38 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, Jim isn’t taking this too well….poor guy. 😉

25. CK
    8:18 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Great article, Drew! It’s reminiscent of Turkey Hunter and the Sypher scandal. But seriously, if Pitino knew anything about this, it was only for 15 seconds!

26. DREWBLUE
    8:24 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Drew, you have some of the best one-liners I have ever seen, but none better than week old Long John Silvers.

• bluemoonofkentucky
      12:10 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Agreed.

27. UKAllday
    8:26 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

A sentence that should be spoken only if the speaker pauses after to let it soak in. Then this sentence should be passed down from generation to generation.

“Maybe you prefer a seasoned vet in the sack and the way she smells like USA Gold menthols, knockoff Dolce & Gabbana perfume, and week-old Long John Silver’s.”

Speechless, 3 of the best adjectives strung together in a while

28. Dennis
    8:37 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

If pitino is truly upset about not knowing, it’s only caused he missed out on some whores.

29. James
    8:40 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Hoes4Bros

Pimptino made a visit to womens correctional facility for some sypherlis.

30. Wally
    8:42 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I honestly believe Rick is shocked. He’s shocked these shenanigans weren’t done at Fazolis

31. Chuck
    8:46 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Something just dawned on me …. Anyone remember the rumors about Chane messing with the 15 yo Butler girl and possibly impregnated her ? Just sayin’ .. Don’t know if it all matches but wonder !

32. Basteballer
    8:56 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I hear people mentioning that basketball players are rock stars and could get any woman they want for free… as a defense.

But let’s be real. You average co-ed is nothing like a seasoned professional. The co-ed MAY do some of the wilder things, but a pro will DEFINITELY do it. And be way better at it. And maybe have a friend there, too. And you KNOW she won’t expect a relationship. It’s not even in the same league. And all the girls didn’t look like Katina. Some of them were somewhat attractive. Talk about a “sure thing.”

• theWilkman
      10:35 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

How long has it been since you’ve been out of school? Girls these days are much different (read: wilder) than they were prior to internet pron. Go ask Devin Booker

33. Catsrus
    9:18 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I propose a challenge to our Poetically minded Liberal Arts and others to prepare a poem to mark this spot in Cardinal History. You can do better than I for sure. HOGATE

The Poem I entitle “HOGATE”

Years ago UK held RP in check
    but now his program’s a wreck
    there’s no room to wiggle
    man how Ho’s do giggle
    Cardinal dignity not a speck

34. Rick Shelton
    9:50 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Sad. As a parent I would be appalled if this happened to my kids. You can see why Cal says that Kentucky isn’t for some kids. We should be thankful that some top recruits don’t come here. Cal seems to find the best talent who are also good people. As for UofL, I don’t enjoy hearing how teenage boys were plied with alcohol and sex to join the team. This is not a happy story for anybody.

35. CatsFanFrankfort
    11:18 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Drew, your first question was my first question as well: why would D-I basketball players need to pay for sex?? But after talking with my friends, we decided it had to have mostly been for recruiting purposes and mainly for the recruits on their visits. I read the summary of the book to which Mrs. TT linked earlier on here and it seems to confirm that most of the focus was on the recruits, which makes sense.

I mean, at UK it’s different, since our recruits are more high-profile. (At Big Blue Madness, people make signs for recruits, etc, so those guys could get the ‘jersey-chasers’ you mention, without too much effort. Those guys could be future pros; that’s probably a big deal to some girls. Honestly, would anyone be surprised to hear that Harry Giles got laid while on his visit here?). But at UofL, I imagine most of the recruits aren’t hyped up as much as they are here when they take their visits.

36. John Mulligan
    1:39 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

The “Why hookers” paragraph bothers me a lot. I am a middle aged dad, medical professional, with a daughter who not long ago was there at UK. I hope to Hell she never met you. You evidently think college girls are just pieces of ass(the ones you consider cute anyway) to be hit on, used and discarded like a condom. It’s that attitude that maintains the rape/exploitation culture that is such a problem on all American campuses, with consequences being(at best) people left feeling used and abused, and at worst being date-raped, pregnant, afflicted with Herpes or gonorrhea, HIV, etc etc etc
    I think you need to respond to this in your next posting. John Mulligan MD

37. BobC
    3:32 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

So do we call the YUM Center the Chicken Ranch now?