SNL Takes on Rutgers Coach Scandal

I really liked this. Melissa McCarthy is great.

Article written by Matt Jones

19 Comments for SNL Takes on Rutgers Coach Scandal

1. MJ4UK
    8:10 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Melissa McCarthy is hilarious…Funniest SNL show I have seen in a long time. If you haven’t already seen it, The Voice spoof may be even funnier

2. Scott
    8:20 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I loved this sketch it had me in stitches the whole time, that and the return of Drunk Uncle made this episode hilarious.

3. ktmiln2
    8:26 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

By far one of the best episodes in a long time. Drunk Uncle all the way.

4. Big Sister
    8:41 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Hilarious!!! Great way to start “little brother who” day!!

5. Pat Wren
    8:47 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Just simply the best way to start off a dreadful Red Monday…..

6. Some Guy in Kentucky
    8:50 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Jeff Van Gundy was on Mike & Mike Show this morning talking how UL makes college basketball unwatchable with how much they foul. He said he hopes they change the rules and keep teams like UL from being able to mug teams from scoring. Both Mike & Mike agreed.

7. Pat Wren
    8:55 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

#6…. I heard that and was so happy! Pitino is the master at teaching “Defense”. Defense = 1st Degree Assault.

8. Bobbum man
    8:55 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

6- it really is true… They just know the refs aren’t going to call a foul every single time or even most of the time so they get away with it but yea it’s ridiculous

9. ScottDrew'sFranklin
    8:59 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones you are so late get with the times this happened saturday

10. Been called a Hater
    9:24 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I have been called a “Hater” for pointing out the defensive mugging that U of L is famous for. They hacked and fouled their way back into the game against the Shockers due to the refs swallowing their whistles.

11. Kevin C.
    9:44 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

LOL…this reminds me of SNL’s early(best) years, when Murray, Akroyd, Murphy, and Belushi ruled late night. Great stuff indeed.

12. RahRah
    9:45 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

What they did to Baker on that “double foul” situation was absolutely despicable. The kid got bashed in the face twice, gets a foul called on him because he grabbed Blackshear (?) around the waist AFTER he got punched in the face and was falling backwards. And the officials took time to review and still got it wrong. Watch for yourself.

13. CATandMONKEY
    9:47 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

Hater, You ain’t no hater! There is wisdom in your words. Pitino admits to basically playing the odds that ” the refs can’t call a foul on every play” …. so he basically has his teams play balls-to-the-wall on every possession and usually beats the house. Whether or not he has friends in the Pit remains open for discussion.
    Rick played a pretty similar style with his 96 & 97 teams but had more lattitude to not be so thuggish due to the abundance of athletes on those teams.

14. Brandon
    10:02 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

The Charles Barkley skit was awesome.

15. KnowYourHistory
    10:22 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

I liked at the end of the Shockers and Cards game when the announcers said, “For the first 35 minutes, the refs called this game with a tight whistle. Then in the last 5 minutes, they loosened the whistle and Louisville was able to come back and win.” So if the refs call fouls, Louisville gets beat.

Remember Aaron Craft for Ohio St. who is praised for his on ball defense said, “They can’t call every foul. So I foul a lot.”

This is were College basketball is today. Well beyond hand checking and more towards assault.

16. Women Everywhere
    11:52 am April 8, 2013 Permalink

15. That’s awesome : “They can’t call every foul” This is probably written in gold on the side of the Cards’ team bus

17. Cornwallis
    6:27 pm April 8, 2013 Permalink

Children will play….and Crips and Bloods will always be hating on each other.

18. Related Site
    11:46 pm April 9, 2013 Permalink

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and
    said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell
    to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!