Smith threw the ball in practice today

Max Smith’s status for Saturday’s game is looking more and more positive each day as he gets back to taking reps in practice. Smith threw the ball in today’s practice but was limited, according to offensive coordinator Randy Sanders. Yesterday, Joker Phillips said Smith wouldn’t throw the ball until Wednesday, but the sophomore felt ready this morning so they let him go.

Sanders believes his starting quarterback will be close to 100% by Saturday.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Smith threw the ball in practice today

1. just saying
    12:35 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

didnt he “throw the ball” all last week too? So Joker said he wouldnt throw until Wednesday, but today is Tuesday. More proof this Jack-leg doesnt have any respect from his assistants, and has no idea what is going on in his own team

2. STOP HATING ON BARNHART
    12:38 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

#1 Yeah him throwing the ball a day before joker said he would proves all that. Shhhhhhh, get a clue!

3. Rixter
    12:42 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Smith threw the ball in practice today? Are you saying Smith DID NOT throw the ball in practice last week, but it came as a complete surprise to the coaching staff that he wasn’t ready to go on Saturday??

The more I hear, the worse this thing smells……

4. just saying
    12:42 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

#2. I have a clue, it sounds to me its you that needs to get one.

5. I Say
    12:45 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

4 No you dont, shhhhhhhh

6. just saying
    12:49 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

5. Well you, and those other 3 guys, have a right to your opinion, while I and the rest of BBN have seen enough

7. The only shots I take in my butt are from medical professionals
    12:56 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Hey buddy.. I have a nice troll smelling kit ill sell u for 25.99

8. Joe
    12:58 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Would you be surprised if Smith wasn’t under center come game time? I wouldn’t.

9. MemphisCat
    1:04 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Let’s get him ready to get hurt again with South Carolina. I know Spurrier won’t call the dogs off and will reward his players to take Smith out, I hope he is ready and stays healthy all year, that is our only chance. Go Cats!!!

10. Reason
    1:05 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Cant we all just get along?

11. RodneyKingsSays
    1:08 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Let me throw the brick!!!

12. Closer Look
    2:15 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Is anyone else concerned with how Max is gripping the ball in the picture above? That doesn’t seem to ‘pro-style’ to me….

13. Skeller03
    2:47 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

If we could buy Max for what he is worth compared to the rest of the nations quarterbacks, and sell him for what he seems to be worth at Kentucky, I’d be able to retire right now.. It’s not going to make a difference who is behind center Saturday, our offense doesn’t stand a chance, with or without Max.

14. Al's IndiCats
    2:51 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Max threw the ball, gatorade was spilled on the field, and Joker’s play calling will suck as usual come Saturday. Sorry…I’m a fan of Joker, but at the way the things has gone that last 3 years, he’s not a HC at any level.

15. Beavis
    3:36 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

Smith could be 300 % and it will not make any difference. They will have two backs that go over 100 yards each.

16. Steve
    4:30 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

12 I was thinking the same thing

17. shinny
    6:34 pm September 25, 2012 Permalink

They better come with their big boy pants on. Us wildcats are sick and tired of all the negative talk and will come out with more than a meow. Get ready BBN as we shock the SEC!!!!!