SI Vault Photo of the Day Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

Good afternoon, friends. I heard you were looking for notes and a podcast. Well, you came to the right place.

— Saturday’s Kentucky-Indiana game drew 3.6 million viewers on ESPN. It was the 23rd highest rated program on all of cable for the entire week. To put that in perspective, the Ohio State-Kansas game that aired on ESPN right before it drew 2.2 million viewers for the 214th highest total of the week.

— Former UK linebacker Micah Johnson signed with the Bengals today, according to a tweet he sent out this afternoon: “Just signed with the #Bengals excited!!! we’ll c how long it last!! Lol” Johnson was released by the Chiefs back in September. He had previous stints on the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins practice squads. Johnson is one of my all-time favorite Cats and I haven’t given up hope on him having a successful NFL career. Those arms are too big to fail.

— The Houston Chronicle writes that Patrick Patterson would be in line for the Rockets starting lineup if not for his injury. He¬†is being held out of training camp indefinitely as he recovers from offseason surgery to remove bone spurs from his right¬†ankle. There is no timetable on his return.

— On today’s radio show, Matt tested Annie with math problems to prepare her for her entrance exam to Sullivan College. Kentucky basketball was also discussed. Have a listen…

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for SI Vault Photo of the Day Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. lamb
    3:18 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

my presence in this photo is hilarious….hahahahahahah….plz dont land on me, plz dont land on me, plz dont land on me

2. Adam
    3:25 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

Great, so 3.6MM people saw UK play below its potential and look like a top 15-20 team at best.

3. Inspector Underwear
    3:32 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

Does UK have a scholarship available for Jarnell Stokes???

4. scott
    3:36 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

You need to reread that Houston Chronicle article. It clearly says Patrick Patterson would be the starter had Luis Scola been traded. Luis Scola has starting PF on lockdown in Houston…

5. Bumpy
    3:50 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

Lamb is prob laying on the ground because Tom eades didn’t see it fit to call a foul…not surprised.

6. PhilLesh
    3:55 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

Anyone know the rating for the UK / UNC game the week before?

7. LawrenceOfLondon
    3:55 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

UK really makes ESPN a lot of money! You’d think they would appreciate us more instead of all they hate.

8. GoCats3
    4:00 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

Imagaine a team of composed of all Kidd-Gilchrist… him at every position… We would get every rebound.

9. Hail to the Victors
    4:04 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

IU fanbois.
    Such a sad, bitter lot.
    Myopic and cretinous.
    smart they are not.
    swag shopping at wal-mart.
    don’t win many big games.
    with no money to spend.
    they go to the blogs and post flames.
    they’ll tell you about the past
    but in the present they are last
    and they whine when they post.
    but it does not ever matter.
    for their teams usually play like compost.
    and leave toilet bowl splatter.
    point the fingers,cast the blame,
    the outcome, the losing,
    will aways be the same.

10. Nathan
    4:12 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

Lamb’s face would be great for a “caption this” post. I’m thinking “thank God Davis is built like a push broom!!”

11. Biglaw Dawgin'
    4:18 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

So much going on in that photo. My eyes tend to focus on Lamb, but look at Zeller getting a mouthful of Davis’s forearm!

12. Jax Teller
    4:20 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

Had to laugh at this piece on Masiello @ CBS blog…. http://college-basketball-blog.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/33850335
    Had this lovely quote:
    Masiello said being around Pitino for as long as he has (he spent the past six seasons as an assistant at Louisville), he’s picked up some of the same habits.
    “I catch myself folding my legs the same way,” he said. “I don’t even realize how much of an influence he had on me. The main things I learned from him are the unbelievable professionalism and to stay humble.”
    I think Goodman edited the quote after that that said “Just the other day, I found myself banging this skank on the table of a nice Italian restaurant. 15 seconds of fun later, I gave her $3k for health insurance. Without my time around Coach Pitino, I wouldn’t have known what to do.”

13. Bob Loblaw
    5:49 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

That’s why we lost game! Lamb was too busy voguing rather than playing. #mustbeaModonnafan

14. yabba do
    5:59 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

Awesome, everyone in Kentucky, and Indiana with a tv was tuned in. Color me completely unshocked by this breaking news.

15. scott
    7:28 pm December 13, 2011 Permalink

When is the last time UK won a National Championship in Men’s BBall? Does Wal-Mart not exist in Kentucky? Kelvin Sampson was a fiasco, we get that. But it looks like we are back on the map, for the good of ALL college ball. Hope the series continues.

16. ryan from lou
    12:10 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

as a proud student at sullivan, its called sullivan university*

17. Jax Teller
    8:43 am December 14, 2011 Permalink

Hey Cody, Anthony Davis says shut up.

18. OverweightUKfan
    9:58 pm December 14, 2011 Permalink

Lamb crying because of the beatdown IU put on UK.

19. scott