Shoenice’s Tuesday News and Views

There are so many fascinating (and by that I mean insane, deranged and demented) people on YouTube, but none have won me over quite like “Shoenice,” my latest viral video addiction.  Shoenice records home videos of himself consuming an odd variety of things, from painter’s caulk to alcohol, and uploads them to his very popular YouTube channel.  And it’s pretty disgusting.  No, it’s very disgusting — yet incredibly entertaining.

Some of my personal favorites:

Eats a box of Crayola crayons
Slams bottle of absinthe in 20 seconds
Eats a stick of Old Spice deodorant
Habanero peppers and Icy/Hot for lunch

Shoenice’s YouTube channel is one of those you visit and can’t leave without watching more than one clip.  Each video is more repulsive than the last, which only makes you want to watch another one.  They’re addicting.  He’s addicting.  Like eating a box of Trojan condoms or chugging a bottle of 160-proof vodka.

I really don’t know what else to say.  Just go see it for yourself and let me know what you think.  I bet you get trapped.

News? Views?

With the football season out of the way, the UK coaching search is on and the reports and rumors are flying around like Randy Sanders’ bubble screens.  On Monday, we heard newsworthy tidbits from three big names in Kentucky’s pool of candidates: San Jose State’s Mike MacIntyre, Bobby Petrino, and Florida State’s Mark Stoops.

Mike MacIntyre

MacIntyre is believed to be towards the top of the leaderboard for the Kentucky football coaching vacancy, although he denies holding an offer from UK at this time.  MacIntyre said on Monday that rumors of him being offered the job are false.

“There’s no truth to that,” MacIntyre told The Mercury News. “Even my daughter’s calling me from Texas, saying ‘Hey what’s this?’ It’s just all Internet stuff.
“Those things are always going to fly. To me, that’s good for the program. I know people think that distracts, but there’s all kinds of stuff all over the Internet all the time. Honestly, I’m just trying to focus on the bowl game and recruiting and we’ll go from there.”

MacIntyre denies being contacted by Kentucky, California, or any other school with openings.

“Nope, not as of right now,” MacIntyre said. “We’re just going along with what we’re doing. I’m honestly just focused on that bowl game.”

The San Jose State coach also told the newspaper that there are a lot of factors that will go into his decision to leave once those calls start coming in.  He said he loves where he is now and he has a son who will be going into his senior year of high school in San Jose next year.

Bobby Petrino

We also learned a little bit about Bobby Petrino’s future on Monday when SEC blogger Chris Low reported that Petrino isn’t in the mix for any of the SEC jobs.  Low said the four SEC schools with coaching vacanices aren’t considering Petrino because the school presidents and chancellors “simply aren’t going to let it happen.”

Mark Stoops

Over the weekend, CBS reported that Florida State defensive coordinator Mark Stoops interviewed with Mitch Barnhart.  On Monday, Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher shot down the report.

“He hasn’t,” Fisher said of reports that Stoops has interviewed elsewhere.  “We’re not going to comment until the year is over.”

However, Fisher’s comments weren’t enough to keep a few Florida State football blogs from speculating it’s a done deal.  Even Wikipedia got in on the breaking news with a blurb that Stoops beat out Stoney Bear Bryant for the Kentucky job on November 26. (Obviously fake.)

And if that wasn’t enough to get the rumors going, Pancho Thomas tweeted, “STOOPS!” on Monday afternoon.  Maybe the UK linebacker, a Tallahassee native, heard something from friends back home?

Thomas’ tweet aside, it sounds to me like Fisher is just avoiding distractions.  We believe Stoops is still a major candidate for the job.

In basketball news, Ryan Harrow is practicing with the team and happy to be back.  Harrow said in a video on CoachCal.com that he’s working hard to get back in the flow of things and catch up on all that he’s missed in the past two weeks.  Harrow said he still doesn’t know what kept him out; he was just really tired and lost a lot of weight.  “I feel like I got my energy back,” he said. “I’m still in shape, I can run up and down the floor, but I’m going to do a little bit extra to make sure I’m ready when I’m put back in the game.”

Harrow said it was a personal matter that sent him home over Thanksgiving break and it will stay between him and his family.

#RIP to the Joe B. Hall Wildcat Lodge, the home of the UK men’s basketball team from 1978 until 2012.  Demolition began on the building Monday afternoon and it’s expected to be cleared within the next two or three weeks.  The university will then begin construction on new student housing.

Patrick Patterson received a warning from the NBA about flopping.  One more violation and he’ll be coughing up $5,000 to the league.  Those fines exist???

Don’t forget about the Marshall County Hoopfest this weekend at Marshall Country High School.  The Harrison Twins will play Friday at 10:00 and Saturday at 6:00; Andrew Wiggins and Huntington Prep will play Friday at 7:00 and Saturday at 9:00; and Derek Willis will play Saturday at 2:30.  For more information go to http://www.marshallcountyhoopfest.com/

If you do attend the Hoopfest, be sure to get loud for Andrew Wiggins.  Wiggins plans to visit Florida State in early December and we want to make sure #BigBlueNation is fresh on his mind.

Attention all parents: Eloy Vargas is giving you a break from the rigorous duties of raising your children.  The former Kentucky big man will babysit your kid on Eloy Vargas’ “Parents Night Out” at Legacy All-Sports.  For just $25, your child will get an autograph, a photo, dinner, and four hours of fun with Eloy while you go out an enjoy a night on the town.  Click the flyer for more details…

Article written by Drew Franklin

71 Comments for Shoenice’s Tuesday News and Views

1. corndog23
    11:11 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Parents please don’t allow eloy Vargas to watch your children. He will leave them all alone with no supervision and will play on his cell phone the entire time. Saw it myself at a basketball camp. Parents beware.

2. Bob Loblaw
    11:18 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I’m a fan Eloy, but this is just plain creepy

3. Calm Down
    11:23 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Its OK, hes foreign.

4. Delk for 3
    11:30 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I commend the league for trying to stop flopping. It has, and is making the college game somewhat difficult to watch. Some teams clearly take advantage of the refs’ need to blow the whistle every time someone hits the floor — Louisville and Duke especially. Louisville may very well be the more of a flopping team than Duke. The other night I couldn’t stomach watching Louisville get calls for falling down every time a Duke player put a hand on them. They fall down and the refs give them the ball. It’s not fair and it’s not what basketball should be all about. At the college level, a player should be given a warning and then a technical foul if there is an apparent flopping problem.

5. Ukalum
    11:32 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

I have a new tradition for uk football. Every year, before the first game, Barnhart should release a list of names of the realistic uk targets on the market for that year. That way when we start lose the fans can look at the list with names like Macintyre, and realize it ain’t getting any better with the coaches out there. That way everyone can just keep there head down and mouth shut and joker Phillips can retire after 30 seasons with 4 winning seasons.

6. Ktmiln2
    11:37 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

hey chris, still posting. can’t catch me. Oh, yes, i’m starter than KRS. with your IP blocking. give me a break. all you have to do is use your cell phone. always a new IP address. but keep blocking them. i have all kinds.

7. Dr. PinDyke
    11:40 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

The entire nation knows that we are a basketball school, we are in the most dominate conference “The SEC” and we represent it poorly year after year, Mitch not only botched the basketball hire with “The Drunken Texan”, backed it up it “The Joke” now he seems to scrambling like a chicken with his head cut off and I have faith he will botch this hire, he will not get credit for coach Cal hire(Pratt and boosters) he leaves the fans in the dark about the hire, while other schools like Auburn (for example) hold a conference and announce a committee to seek a coach, our past attendance for the year meets high school standards , the guy should be kissing fans a$$es, instead he sends out a bull sh!t tweet saying that this process isn’t going to be a “quick fix”, he has sh!t on the fan base time and time again, were they are fed up, the poor bastard that is brought in as coach has an uphill battle, agents are probably telling them not to touch this job with a 10 foot pole and who could blame them, the best thing seems to coming from this coaching hire will be in 3-4 years, when we will be doing this all over again, seeking another coach and and seeking a AD, and pray we get one that isn’t a stubborn a$$, that thinks he is better than everyone and doesn’t care about that cash cow ,which is SEC football

8. DC Cat
    11:41 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Two interesting espn tweets:.

McMurphyESPN Brett McMurphy
    RT @KegsnEggs: Jon Gruden just mentioned the SEC. HE’S TALKING TO YOU TENNESSEE/ARKANSAS FANS. (but not you Kentucky fans)
    7 minutes ago

schadjoe Joe Schad
    RT @KyleTucker_CJ: Per a source inside UK athletics, Butch Jones, Sonny ***** and Mark Stoops have all said “no thanks” to Kentucky.
    about 3 hours ago

9. Really #6?
    11:50 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Really #6? I guess you still can’t hide from the fact that you can’t spell.

10. Uncle Stu Balls
    11:51 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Flyer link fail.

11. tc571
    11:56 pm November 26, 2012 Permalink

Ha! The editing of sonny’s last name is hilarious.

12. Matthew
    12:00 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Anybody else going to the Marshall County Hoopfest, I’m driving 2 hours north from Tennessee. Just wondering about tickets, I’m assuming there will be plenty available so I can just buy when I get there. Is that a safe assumption? Thanks for any help.

13. Catlogic15
    12:16 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Sophmoric post at best. Old news(steal) and no news. My, how the (almost) mighty have fallen.

14. Sladet87
    12:22 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Looks like Ryan and Mandy will be having a night out pretty soon then!

15. burgir
    12:27 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

If Mitch Barnhart would admit to the mistakes he’s made in his life this hire would be a non-issue

16. Opti
    12:34 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Is it possible that AD Mitch Barnhart has overplayed his hand again just as he did the last time he conducted a football coach search?

Either his list doesn’t reflect any of the rumors we’ve seen mentioned (including Matts posts) OR Everyone is lying OR closing in on a month since the announcement that Joker was relieved of his duties and Mitch is still conducting the search entirely between his ears.

I hope he gets around to interviewing a candidate before he makes him an offer.

???

17. tyson
    12:35 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

I know we are not allowed to criticize Saint Mitch on this site, but did anyone see Vaught’s blog post about Mitch telling the players that they need to step up their effort for the next coach?!? If this did happen I hope he has to issue a public apology. Oh,and add the “real fans” remark that he needs to apologize for too.

18. Carolina Blue is past tense for CAROLINA BLOWS
    12:39 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

So, 23 minutes after the post below Willis’ suspension has been lifted?

19. wldctky
    12:46 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

why so much attention to the football coaching search? UK is a basketball school and very few give a damn other then Matt Jones and friends

20. Carolina Blue is past tense for CAROLINA BLOWS
    12:47 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

The Anthony Davis ESPN NBA commercial is pretty dang good. Laughed at his facial expressions.

21. BBN
    12:55 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

According to Larry Vaught concerning the football team meeting held today:

“Another parent was a bit shocked by what his son told him. He indicated there was “no word yet” on the coach, which he could accept. However, he didn’t like what he heard that UK athletics director Mitch Barnhart told the team about needing to give a better effort and that played a role in Phillips being fired.”

Why hasn’t this been mentioned by KSR?

22. KT
    1:14 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

@4, I agree. Duke is the worst team for flopping in the country. I don’t think Louisville flops as much as Duke but they definitely take the approach of “if we foul you 5 times a possession, they can’t call them all”, I heard Pitino admit he coaches that way in a call in show a couple of years back. Duke usually does that too though on top of acting like girls and falling down if you get within a few inches of them. I was joking that all of the Duke players were going for triple doubles in fouls-flops-freethrows the other night. It wouldn’t tick me off so much if the refs for Duke games would either 1. let the teams play physical and barely call any fouls, or 2. call the same fouls both ways…even if it means you call 3x as many on one team, I bet Duke would quit that crap after a couple games where everybody on the team fouled out or they were getting injured because they were laying on the ground when somebody more athletic landed on them after a dunk.

23. Cayuts8
    1:15 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

damn eloy must really be hard up for cash. Why would i give him 25 dollars to let someone other than him “watch” my kid and why in the hell would i pay 25 dollars for his autograph. He is a wildcat forever but he really sucks at basketball. how about i give my kid the 25 dollars and let him order a prizza at home while he learns how to play basketball from bledsoe on TV

24. KT
    1:20 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

@21, I would say it will be mentioned if there is any validity to it which I seriously doubt. Vaught wasn’t in the meeting and neither was the parent, remember the game of telephone?

I personally thought the team’s effort WAS poor at times during the season and the lack of performance has been the number one reason cited by fans wanting Joker gone. That said, I truly think that MB has more sense than to say that out loud to a bunch of college kids.

25. Buckets
    1:42 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Petrino is the best man for the job. If we can’t get Stoops or refuse to get Petrino, then I say take a chance and go with Kingsbury. If we don’t get any of those three, I’m done with Kentucky football until Mitch is fired and someone who is serious about having a successful program is brought it. It’s time for Mitch to sh!t or get off the pot.

26. BPsycho
    1:55 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

#13 How about you go to a more mature site then?

Like whatsupmybuttdotcom

Franklin 16′

27. Terrence
    2:23 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

I think people on the internet should pick the new football coach.

28. kywildcat
    2:50 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

First the prom thing and now this, Eloy is very creepy

29. nassau65
    5:06 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

27. Sure seems most of the people here feel that way. Especially the incessant PETRINO posters. They’d be the same people to come on here and bash Mitch if he somehow hired Urban Meyer and he had a losing season. Mitch has a job to do, i say let him do it.

30. Kyle
    5:27 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

I dare KSR to put an online poll for the next football coach. I guarantee that Petrino will win. KSR won’t do it, because he’s not their guy. C’mon put a poll online and let the fans vote.

31. burgir
    6:04 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

#29 – nassau65 – We’ve let Mitch do his job for 10 years.

Football Winning Percentage
    UK Football 1881-2002 = 51% (History of the Program Prior to Barnhart’s Arrival)
    UK Football 2003-2012 = 42% (Program Under Barnhart)

We have no faith in his ability to pick unknown coaches for major sports (0-2 – BCG, Gillispie) yet that’s exactly what he’s trying to do here.

The only times he’s been successful is when he picked coaches who have shown success at major programs (Brooks, Calipari) but both of them had public perception issues (Brooks – Major NCAA Violations From Oregon, Calipari – 2 Vacated Final Fours).

The obvious hire here is Bobby Petrino, who fits the mold, yet Mitch can’t pull the trigger. If you can sell John Calipari to the Chancellor, then you can sell Bobby Petrino.

He’s balking. Which means, he’s likely getting ready to write his own funeral.

32. burgir
    6:08 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Athletic Director 101: When you lose the fans, your done.

Especially when the Olympic sports require the football revenue to exist.

33. DC Cat
    6:29 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

When matt says that he disagrees with the news that all coaches have declined, it just meas barnie hasn’t told him what to think. Matt is just a mouthpiece for mitch and can’t function unless his daddy tells him what to say and do. You’ve come a long way, matt. From making fun of these types to eing one of them. Now all you jones nuthuggers can shove it. You’re just like the maggard fans you despise. In your eyes, matt can do no wrong and is always exactly right. That’s exactly right!

34. rattledchains
    6:38 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

If you f**kers hate Matt and his opinion do much, grt the hell out. Fortunately people a lot smarter than you make these decisions on behalf of the University. Geez

35. nassau65
    6:47 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

31. burgir-i respect your opinion, but you and i just have to say that we agree to disagree. I think a Petrino hire would be at the top of the list of the worst hires Mitch could make. Of all the college teams currently looking for a coach, not one wants him. He may be a good (or even great) coach, but the baggage he currently has- would cost him a small fortune to check at any airline. It cost him a multi-million dollar job not long ago. I can’t see why anyone would think he’d be a good fit at UK. I firmly believe he’d win here, i really do, but i also believe eventually he would be the source of massive embarrassment to the university. He will likely find a job somewhere, but i think whoever hires him will also live to regret it, and i believe Mitch knows that. JMO, and everyone has one. Peace to you my friend, nothing personal, we just disagree.

36. DC Cat
    6:48 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

34 – see what I mean. If you don’t agree with master jones, then go home. We can’t have differing opinions here. Nevermind the fact that, I come here for drew franklin’s posts. If you din’t like one aspect about something, you aren’t allowed to like anything about it. That is our sound logic as jones followers. KSR was built on the foundation of going against the grain and being different. Some of us don’t like how jones just puts out whatever mitch tell him to. Get over yourself, hall monitor.

37. burgur
    6:48 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

#34 – Francis – Settle down. Matt’s doing exactly what we’d expect him to do. He’s positioned himself on the edge of the circle. If he begins to tear Barnhart a new asshole then he’d lose a lot of privileges, let alone the perks that come with the time and labor Matt spent getting to where he is.

Matt’s choosing to stroke the big man shaft. But that doesn’t mean we can tell it like it is.

38. DC Cat (original)
    6:50 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

30 – not even sure what that accomplishes other than maybe measuring persistence of those willing to keep voting (Chicago style) until their desired result is achieved. Seems to me that if the SEC presidents and chancellors have banded together to freeze out Bobby P, your perception of KSR biases on this matter are moot. I listen to the podcast everyday on my DC commute from the burbs. I red the site as well… Your perceptions are far exaggerated as far as I can tell.

33 – believe what you want, but I imagine the Matt / Barnhart relationship is a bit awkward at best right now given the Joker business. If you don’t like KSR (site or radio), go elsewhere! It’s your choice. but why be so miserable?

39. burgur
    6:53 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

#35 – nassau65 – You said, “Of all the college teams currently looking for a coach, not one wants him”

This is what you’ve been told by this website. They summarized ESPN’s Chris Low in a back page opinion piece. On that same site, the same day (front page) was an IN article indicating how good of a fit Petrino would be for Auburn.

Understand, we don’t know how this will all shake out. None of us.

But to suggest that we shouldn’t go after Petrino because others aren’t is a fallacy that is supported by zero evidence.

Petrino will be hired, it’s just by who.

40. DC Cat
    6:53 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

38 – i don’t like the radio show because matt is too arrogant and an ass to callers. Cuts off everyone who disagrees with him. I come here to read drew franklin’s posts because he is by far the best writer on here.

41. DC Cat (original)
    6:59 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

No, (other) dc cat, you are allowed to be here and to express your opinion. But, you and some others go way beyond opinion to the personal. It is certainly your opinion there too, just incredibly and unnecessarily harsh at times. It’s the unfortunate consequence of social media and anonymity I guess – the declining ability to express opinion in a civil manner.

42. Please
    7:01 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Matt, you know Barnhart is reading this site to measure enthusiasm. Why not toss in something f about what a good hire Gene Chizik would be. I mean I think we all agree he’s better than the borderline options we have, right?

43. Groupie doll
    7:03 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

42) couldn’t agree more.

44. The original DC Cat
    7:09 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Why you guys stealing my name. I’m the original DC Cat. Cut it out.

45. DC Cat (original)
    7:16 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

44 – clever

46. DC Cat
    7:26 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

What did I say that was way beyond criticism? I criticized matt for being a puppet. Get over yourself

47. DC Cat (original)
    7:41 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Well, no, 46, that’s not exactly correct. What you said: “Matt is just a mouthpiece for mitch and can’t function unless his daddy tells him what to say and do. You’ve come a long way, matt. From making fun of these types to (b)eing one of them. Now all you jones nuthuggers can shove it.”

As for getting over myself, long since done. Again, you have the right to express your opinion…just pointing out the rather personal nature. Either way, I’m out. Have a great day.

48. DC Cat
    7:50 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

I didn’t write 46, but thanks. Wish they would do registration

49. Paper Tigers
    7:57 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Towns will be announce for UK on the 4th. I bet Matt says he probably ends up at Florida. I thought he had sources? Huh.

50. barn
    8:00 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

31–it’s not a perception issue with petrino–it’s fact–the guy’s a proven untrustworthy flake. perception with cal, yes. he was perceived by many eastcoact sports hacks as a cheater, but facts show he never cheated nor was ever accused of any violation by any of his employers.

51. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    8:24 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Eloy Vargas, the greatest thing since pooping ice cream.

52. Vic
    8:25 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

I swear I think Petrino pays people to come on this site

53. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    8:27 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

And most of you goofs are waaaay to serious. I love my UK basketball as much as anyone but its all just fun and games.

54. DrSayre
    8:40 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Did Sonny Dykes really say no? (I’m honestly just posting this just to see if it edits his last name)

55. Trolls
    8:50 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

53 – I agree man. People flip out out at the slightest mention of something they disagree with. It’s also why trolling is so fun. These people are crazy. Haha. It’s too easy.

56. Joe
    8:53 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Petrino! Petrino! Petrino! Petrino! Petrino!

57. Heard it somewhere
    8:54 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

I heard matt jones got fired from kstv because of a fight he got into with either beisner or perrin. Anyone know details? We know the great one will delete this so let me know quickly

58. Uh oh...
    8:59 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

A little competition for Matthew and Ryan…

59. Papa Brooks
    9:04 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Looks like y’all gonna be stuck with me again!

60. Oogie
    9:05 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Not sure giving Mr. “Shoenice” a wider audience is such a great idea…

61. Dr. Mantis Taboggin
    9:11 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

#57 Don’t know for sure but if I ever see him downtown there will be one for sure. Can’t believe not one Harrow crack all the way down to 60, disappointed in you guys, can’t let the kid slide with a “family issue”. Oh and that Coach Cal .com interview with him I spit Ale-8 across my living room when I heard his voice. Can just tell his fellas haven’t dropped yet, that’s where the real problem is.

62. Dr. Mantis Taboggin
    9:16 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

#48 Registration won’t happen while they run this site on WordPress. It’s a horrible platform but it’s free and they are milking any ad revenue they can without spending money. Seems to me they won’t spend a few sheckles a month to make this a big league site so therefore the troll infestation will linger. Also for the record WordPress is for people not smart enough to code html which is already easy. What’s that tell you.

63. UK Fan
    9:20 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

#33 you hit it on the head. KSR has become nothing more than a mouthpiece for Mitch Brainfart. Jones has become a sycophant to an incompetent AD, presumably to allow himself continued access to all things UK in order to expand his reach for his own enterprise. It’s one thing to oppose Petrino in the first instance; but to come on and deny offers have been declined by several prospective coaches is nothing more than dishonest cronyism. Matt Jones is protecting Barnhart by manipulating reporting on this imbecilic coaching search for his own benefit…no different than Maggart.

64. NoOneCares
    9:23 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

57 get a life. no one cares.

65. NewHere
    9:25 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

62 They have made people register to comment several times in the past, are you new here? I don’t know why they open it back up, probably just to get more clicks. You trolls are actually earning them more cash so that’s why they don’t block you out. Jokes on you.

66. Hear hear
    9:39 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

64 – you care because you took the time to respond. The joke is on you.

65- if that is the case, jones shouldn’t complain about the comments. He is such a whiny baby

67. UKHoopshysteria
    10:00 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Actually you care because you took the time to come on this site and rant about Jones. He was right, joke is on you.

68. Hear hear
    10:03 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

There are no jokes. Haha. You lose. But you jonesies are funny.

69. IamMe
    10:09 am November 27, 2012 Permalink

Burgir,
    First, Mitch has been AD “in charge of” 11 football seasons. He’s % is 43.7.

The 11 years before that we had a 35.5%. The 11 years before that we had 42.5%.

Not counting the Barnhart years, since 1960, we are 40.4%. These numbers come from your pdf, so I can’t vouch for it’s accuracy.

Now saying all of that, does that mean we have to accept mediocrity? No, but it doesn’t mean he’s a horrible AD.

70. REALITY
    12:54 pm November 27, 2012 Permalink

Why would a coach like Petrino waste his career potential at a place like Kentucky, where football is about as low as a priority as it can be? Petrino is begging for the Auburn job, and if he can’t land that premier coaching assignment, there are several other openings that are far more attractive than the Kentucky job.

71. REALITY
    12:58 pm November 27, 2012 Permalink

#63 MJ has been on the rug in BarnFarts office and left with a large hole in his azz…
    “Stark talking right or you and your silly golf cart full of yes men will be looking for a new school to cover.”
    BarnFart.