SHOCKER: Jeff Goodman Alleges John Calipari Tried to Get Him Fired

image

How is this for a WOW! moment? In an interview with Rick Bozich and Eric Crawford today, Jeff Goodman alleged that John Calipari tried to get him fired from one of his reporting jobs. It truly is an amazing accusation and worth a listen:

I am amazed that Goodman would make that allegation publicly. By saying that John Calipari tried to get him fired for a job, Goodman has essentially thrown the gauntlet down at Calipari and ended any potential for a relationship. Alleging that someone tried to get you fired is not a nothing accusation. It essentially is saying that the other person is trying to end your career and if Goodman really believes that, one would hope he has facts to back up that claim. I am not sure that I can ever remember a media member making such an accusation in the past and Goodman doing it today shocks me.

A very enlightening, and somewhat shocking, interview.

Article written by Matt Jones

64 Comments for SHOCKER: Jeff Goodman Alleges John Calipari Tried to Get Him Fired

1. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    6:33 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

all these guys wanna the one that “takes down” Cal

2. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    6:33 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

wanna BE the one*

3. Rich Madky
    6:34 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Honestly, who cares what these sissies think? Goodman, Parrish, Thamel, Evans, etc…All of them are pussies to the 10th degree. I wouldn’t been seen in public with a single one.

4. Rick
    6:35 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

I seriously doubt that there is going to be a better, more accurate post in this thread than #1. Bravo, sir.

5. calOWNSgoodman
    6:37 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Lets have an unfollow Goodman on twitter day: Anyone who follows Goodman on twitter and gives him hits lets end it on September 1st. That’s right national unfollow Jeff Goodman day is September first. Spread the news and lets hurt him and CBS where it counts. Are you in? If not you should be in.

Matt can you promote this day. Thanks.

6. Keith Myath
    6:38 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Those who can do great things, do great things.

Those who can’t get jealous and whine about those that do great things.

7. mdd34
    6:38 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

What an idiot.

8. Sid Bream's Leg
    6:40 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Firstly, I’d like to hear Coach Cal say “Yep, Goodman’s a douchebag and needed to be fired”.

Secondly, I’ve been trying to get Goodman fired for years. Hacks like him shouldn’t be employed.

9. Hal
    6:42 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

other than goodman uttering “when someone tries to get you fired” did goodman expound on it in the interview, at all? pretty big accusation to not give back up with details or, you know, evidence.

10. STEVE!
    6:44 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Goodman had a job?

11. Dear UL and IU fans, We are national champions; you are not. The end.
    6:45 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Now you know why “Guck Foodman” was my KSR “name” for over a year.

12. joanne
    6:45 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Matt has explained his change of opinion multiple times. Jill, try and keep up or take it elsewhere.

13. Musehobo
    6:46 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

HAHA, it’s not a big accusation. So what if he did? Goodman’s awful. How great would it be if a coach stood up and said “Hey, you all spew lies about me all day long that could get me fired. How would you like it for someone to challenge how you do your job?”

14. liam
    6:49 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Anybody concerned that Goodman and these other hacks are employed by CBS, etc. Why do they allow these false, unsubstantiated stories to even reach an audience. Is there no journalistic integrity anymore?

15. NotFirst
    6:53 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Proof that this allegation isn’t true: Goodman wasn’t fired.

16. liam
    6:53 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

If I were Cal, I’d hire one bad-assed big law firm and start taking them down, one by one. I hope he did try to get Goodman fired. He has no business writing for anyone.

17. JayCee
    6:56 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Without Parish, Goodman and co, what would you grown folk have to fret over everyday?

Obsession. For men.

18. lol
    6:58 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

The whole interview with Bozich and Crawford was hilarious. Goodman tried to paint his experiences with WWW as if he had the upper hand and Wes was the blundering oaf.

“I talked with Wes for half an hour on Bourbon Street at 2:30 in the morning.” Sure you did, Jeff, sure you did. Even though the guy is tight with LeBron and a hundred other NBA stars, YOU’RE the guy who he would choose to spend that much time with.

19. gossie21
    7:01 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

I wouldn’t bother me one bit if Calipari tried to get a member of the media fired. Steve Spurrier tried that last year, openly trying to get a beat writer fired. You just can’t do it. If that was possible there’s no way Jerry Tipton would have a job.

If Goodman finds it reprehensible to interfere with another man’s employment, then why did he feel compelled to write his hit-piece on Cal on the eve of the 2011 Final Four. If his article was fair play, then so is Calipari trying to get him fired.

20. terri
    7:02 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Why wait for Sept 1 to unfollow this person! I’m thinking no time like the present.

21. sangaman
    7:05 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Goodman was always my least favorite of the major college bball reporters. I stopped following him on Twitter long ago.

22. Roland
    7:06 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Goodman doesn’t need any help in getting fired. He will eventually do it all by himself.

23. SexnNursinHomes
    7:12 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Think I gave a Goodman comment a couple of days ago. Bam. I was right on the money. Excuse me as I pat myself on the shoulder for awhile.

24. HamnEggs
    7:19 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Mr Goodman I’d like you to meet Karma. She’s a bitch so be careful. Be very careful. And try to stay away from under age boys

25. jill
    7:23 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

What were UK fans saying about Cal a few short years ago?

26. Flicker
    7:25 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Wonder if Goodman even has the insight to wonder why Cal would want him fired?

27. jnc2
    7:27 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

25- you’re pathetic. You’re the same troll that writes the exact same comment everytime on here haha. What are you doing? HAHAHAHA

28. Isaac in Long Beach
    7:33 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

25- the same things that louisville fans were saying about pitino a little more than a decade ago…

29. SexnNursinHomes
    7:34 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

25- umm I said, “damn, I wish was Cal was our coach”. Same as you will be saying when UK catches up with ucla. What did the 5 fingers say when they talked to your face?

30. UKBlue
    7:35 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

This is truly the example of an insecure pathetic narcissistic jackass. Goodman has put himself & in turn CBS dangerously close to a defamation lawsuit !! If Jeff was willing to lie that he wasn’t unbiased against Cal for so long, why wouldn’t he also lie about everything else.

I almost feel sorry for this poor idiot, the wrath that is about to come down on him.

31. kramer
    7:38 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Next time Cal needs to try harder!! I think Bozich also has a Cal bias, its almost like every since Cal came to Kentucky all of the reporters on TV and in newspaper here in Louisville, need to try and put down UK, and Cal, to make Pitino look better!!

32. kramer
    7:42 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

#29 exactly! The minute they fired Billy G, hell even Tubby I wanted Cal,his past aside, I wanted the best! It is no different than what UL fans said about Ricky P when he coached UK, they hated him, now they love him!

33. Big J
    7:46 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

24 is correct. Karma is a bitch. What you dish out comes back twice as hard.

34. UKBlue
    7:48 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Think it’s about time Cal turns this into a Luca Brasi situation & sends a message to Goodman, CBS, and anyone else who wants to take a shot.

35. Big J
    7:52 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Goodman made a huge mistake with his accusation. Lost all credibility with BBN.

36. Katdaddy
    7:57 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Like he’s been trying to help cal keep his job! He wants to get cal fired as well!

37. Katdaddy
    7:59 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Pitino don,t look better on the floor!

38. Katdaddy
    8:00 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

don’t

39. Durrrr
    8:01 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

#15 HAHA

If Cal wants him fired the BBN needs to get to work.

40. SexnNursinHomes
    8:02 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

32- you are spot on the money sir.

41. carlos santitas
    8:05 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Corky has come a long way from his days on ‘life goes on.’

42. catintn
    8:11 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

this just proves to me how much of a “RICHARD” Goodman truly is.

43. MattsButtCut
    8:13 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Hey Jones, didn’t you say Cal was a dirty cheater. You said you knew for a fact. you said you would never pull for him to win. so, suck on that.

44. kramer
    8:22 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

#40 its ma’am, but thats OK, Matt and Goodman are going back an forth on Twitter!!LOL

45. Fall'06
    8:24 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

From all of us here in the BBN, we wish you had gotten fired, Jeff.

46. Wild Turkey 101
    8:29 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Goodman is just afraid UK is going to rip off 5 championships in a row. He’s trying to get Calipari fired.

47. MAD BRO
    8:30 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Here’s what makes me mad…he has over 40k twitter followers and I’d bet 3/4 are UK fans. He constantly bashes Cal/UK to get
    them riled up and people are talking about him. Here’s an idea..UNFOLLOW this douchebag and he won’t have anyone to spew this B.S
    to. I hate this guy.

48. Detective Cat Fan
    8:34 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Hmmm…something seems fishy about this whole “feud” between Goodman/Jones. Maybe they are just trying to make a story out of nothing because there is absolutely nothing going on right now. Either way, you both sound pretty childish arguing over the internet.

49. where is the journalism?
    8:47 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

I like how Goodman throws the bait out there about the getting fired story, and all it gets is a light chuckle by the host. Hello?!! Is anybody home? How about you do your job and follow up, if you want to actually conduct an interview. Or you can continue to throw softballs and chuckle while you read your notes about your next question that will waste the world’s oxygen.

50. Thunder
    8:55 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

I want Goodman’s boss’ email address. Then I want his mailing address. I will send an ema,il every day and a letter every week. Jeff Goodman does not deserve to speak on anything involving Cal, UK, or it’s players. This proves that. He is a pitiful and spiteful human being. He’s so pissed about Cal trying to get him fired, well isn’t that what Goodman is doing? Makes me sick.

51. truth
    8:58 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Jones is a dope for always following this stuff. I thought he was supposed to be smart.

52. SexnNursinHomes
    9:00 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

44-oops!

53. TheRealHambone
    9:04 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

SnNHs is still an idiot I see.

54. uk2004
    9:11 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Matt looks like a simpleton we he gets on his high hourse. Jones called Cal a cheater more than once. Tough to take him seriously.

55. Ed
    9:18 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Doesn’t this guy have “dumbass” just written all over his forehead? The short bus is parked on his front lawn!

56. Swoony
    9:29 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

As a wise man once said, “They don’t want to ‘BEAT’ us…they want to ‘BE’ us.”

57. Swoony
    9:31 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

As a wise man once said, “They don’t want to beat us….they want to BE us.” #hatersgunnahate

58. Ballsack
    9:45 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

It seems like Matt’s [email protected] is bleeding on this one.

59. Inconceivable!
    10:39 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

From a football fan who is lukewarm on basketball: Goodman’s claim is ridiculous based on the fact that he says Calipari “tried” to get him fired. I don’t think Calipari has “tried” anything that has not been successful for a very long time. If Cal tried, Goodman would be looking for a new job.

60. Matt's rich you're not
    11:12 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

Ballsack,don’t worry about Matt, you need to worry about why you spend all your time on another team
    ‘s site. Get a life.

61. duh
    11:22 pm August 9, 2012 Permalink

People may call our coach a cheater but at least he isn’t a baby killer like another coach I know of.

62. Bradley
    7:12 am August 10, 2012 Permalink

Say what you want about Goodman, but he did an amazing job playing Corky in the Wonder Years.

63. Greg
    8:25 am August 10, 2012 Permalink

. I fire people all the time. The worst they do to me is shoot out my showroom windows, key my truck & turn me in to EPA. At the end of the day it’s THEM who have to look in the mirror & see a loser. Cal–keep ’em hating you baby….that means you are a dynamic force and that they Fear You! .

64. Laker Cat 18
    8:38 am August 10, 2012 Permalink

It is what it is. And it stinks, if you know what I’m saying. Crock of $#!+.