SEC Tournament Double-Bye Within Reach

The Cats weren’t the only SEC bubble teams to record an L today as Alabama, Tennessee and now Ole Miss joined the Cats drinking from the cup of defeat. With the Rebels going down to Mississippi State all Kentucky has to do now is beat Georgia to secure a double bye for the SEC tournament. The stakes this Thursday in Athens are now higher than ever but the Bulldogs are a team the Cats should be able to handle. The fewer games the Cats have to play in Nashville means fewer chances to get upset.

What will it take for the Cats to secure the double bye?

Article written by Andrew Cassady

Follow me @ACassady_KSR

19 Comments for SEC Tournament Double-Bye Within Reach

1. Mc
    7:48 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Will we want a double bye?

2. Two more weeks.
    7:49 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Two more weeks and thankfully this season is over. Last year I didn’t want anyone to go pro. This year I hope they all go except for Willy

3. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    7:50 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Can we get a bye straight into the second round of NCAA?

4. Malt Jones
    7:56 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Hopefully they can give Ryan Harrow a bye to sit out another transfer year. Y’all think NC State will take him back? Maybe we can send Poythress with him in a package deal to make it a little more enticing. Hey, I can dream, can’t I?

5. ltylerj
    7:56 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

The more games we play will also give us more chances to impress the committee, right? I don’t know if I’d want the double bye.

6. Cal'sSaggyboobies
    7:58 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Man, UK has 4 or 5 future pros and you still suck without Noel. Basically, Cal needs 6 nba players in order to win. He sucks as a coach without being able to overwhelm the other team with talent. Good news for uk fans is he is buying 6 or 7 pros for next year.

7. Mc
    7:59 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

I’d rather not have a double bye to try to get an extra win so the committee can see that the team is capable away from home without Nerlens. I hope we get in the tournament as a 12 so we get a 5 and if we are good enough to win, get the 4 13 winner. I’d rather have a 12 than an 8,9,10, or 11 especially this year.

8. Minchia
    8:00 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

1st mistake, Cal recruited KW, RH, AG and AP.
    2nd mistake, Cal has not developed the above noted players.
    3rd mistake, Cal did not bench these players when necessary.

Lets hope Cal doesnt make the same mistakes for next year.

9. Mc
    8:01 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

6) he made the final 4 with umass. Your thoughts!

10. TheRealHambone
    8:02 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Can we finally stop talking about this team finally “turning the corner” or they are finally “getting it”? The only thing they are “getting” is their heads handed to them by teams that they should be trashing. Four first round picks? really? If there are 4 first rounders on this poor excuse for a basketball team, then why are they fighting for an NCAA bid? I just hope they had “fun” tonite.

11. Mc
    8:03 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

8) who is he suppose to bench them for? There’s no talent on that bench, and a player like wiltjer will have more success next year when there are players that can break down a d and get him more open looks like last year. If he doesn’t transfer his role will be similar to last year which is ok.

12. Minchia
    8:03 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

1st mistake, I posted here.
    2nd mistake, I posted here.
    3rd mistake, I posted here.

Let’s hope I don’t post here ever again.

13. Kramer318
    8:03 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

#6. UK has Noel and maybe WCS as pros… No way Poythress and Goodwin are pros. I don’t give 2 craps what Chad Ford and idiot GM’s think. Those 2 don’t even have the “potential” to be good NBA players. Goodwin is too dumb and Poythress is too soft.. Both are going to get their asses handed to them in the NBA. WCS is the only potential guy I could see a GM picking and doing well on. If a GM picks Goodwin or Poythress, they are wasted picks and it probably costs them their job.

14. Do You Know?
    8:05 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Sorry #8; maybe you are frustrated but I don’t think you know what you are talking about. Did anyone else recruit the players you named? If so, they all made the same mistake, correct?

15. Oh My Lord
    8:07 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

There are some bad posts here but #6 takes the cake. Just a complete Moron.

16. BluegrassAndHighTides
    8:10 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Face it. We still should have beaten this team if we played well. We just didn’t. It happens some games. No further analysis really needed.

17. Coach Cal
    8:17 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Don’t worry, I am going to sign 8 or 9 pros next year. So, I should be able to get back to just rolling the ball out there.

18. mudcreekmark
    8:45 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

Kyle Wiltjer should be a Ryan Kelly type player. The only trouble is, he has no one on the team that knows how to kick the ball to the open man. WCS gets triple teamed and he still couldn’t find an open man. Harrow, Mays and Goodwin all can penetrate but they never kick it back out to the open man. We really just don’t have many basketball players on our team. We have some players that are athletic, but they just don’t know how to play the game.

19. mudcreekmark
    8:46 pm March 2, 2013 Permalink

5 assists total . How can you win a game win with players playing like that?