SEC Network announcement coming on Tuesday

SECnetwork

It looks like we’ll finally get a formal announcement about the SEC Network on Tuesday. The SEC and ESPN will announce the creation of an SEC channel on Tuesday at noon at the Atlanta Hyatt. Plans have been in the works for the Network for years, and the projected launch date is August 2014. The channel is expected to have its studio headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina at the ESPN Regional Television offices, with the primary sales outlet based in Atlanta.

We’re gonna be rich!

12 Comments for SEC Network announcement coming on Tuesday

1. rich
    10:32 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

WOOPPPIIIEEEE!

2. Thomas
    10:43 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

Does this mean we won’t get conference games on 64 anymore?

3. greginky
    10:52 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

So a SEC sight that is not in SEC territory, seems kind of strange to me.

4. James Johnson
    10:55 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

Charlotte?

5. Charlotte? Could this mean making a run at UNC and Duke?

6. jdog
    11:11 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

Could this be a prelude to Conference Realignment and how the SEC has been trying to get UNC and/or Duke for the last 3 years? I believe the ACC will be the next conference to be raided.. 4 Super Conferences will be Pac-12, Big 10, Big 12 and SEC

7. westkyukfan
    11:21 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

So will this mean I have to upgrade my dish package to get this channel? To this point, SEC Network has been free.

8. Revenue
    11:26 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

Projections are for revenue to each team will go from $20 million a year to $30-35 million

9. barn
    11:32 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

6//cal’s prophecy is coming to pass. if the acc loses it’s marquee schools like dook, unc & maybe nc st, ga tech (once a sec school), then the acc could morph into a usa-like confence. just a thought

10. UKBlue1!
    11:42 am April 12, 2013 Permalink

Duke/UNC moves SEC in 2014? Headquarters in Charlotte. Put Mizzouri into the Western division and have 2 eight team divisions in football. IF we go to 16 teams in basketball. It would be nice to have 20 conference games and 2 against Duke/UNC every year. Great for TV. Fun for the fans.

11. old man
    1:43 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

We’re gonna be rich??? Ummm, no. Not you, me, or the guy down the road. UK will make money but it won’t affect anything in our daily lives. I just hope the quality is better than ESPNU, which I believe is in Charlotte as well. I don’t know if it’s just TW cable, but the quality I get for ESPNU is not good.

12. dom
    7:26 pm April 12, 2013 Permalink

Hope we get the channel out west in the San Diego area.