If your Monday is as boring as mine, you might want to take a listen to today’s SEC coaches conference call to spice things up a bit. I like to check these out every week to stay abreast of what’s going on in the conference, but the real entertainment value comes from the guaranteed technical difficulties that drop coaches from the line and leave the host scrambling for “did you know?” type of trivia facts to kill the dead air. And, without fail, it happens every single week.
A couple of interesting notes:
– Kevin Stallings thinks UK is better this year than last, although his tone and pauses seemed like he still wasn’t too impressed.
– Stallings thinks Jodie Meeks is better than both Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford.
– Gillispie said that Thompson-Boling is one of the most difficult places to play and Bruce Pearl has done a good job generating excitement since he took over.
– Coach said that he hasn’t seen a direct effect from the moving of the three point line, but has noticed his team’s increased production isn’t from the line change, but from their development. However, he expects them to remain “streaky at best”.
– Gillispie said that Jodie Meeks has develeoped into one of the best shooters he’s ever been around and he’s impressed with the consistency he’s shot the ball with so far. He said he always knew Jodie was a great athlete but never thought he’d get so much consistency out of his jumper.
– The highlight of Gillispie’s short time on the line was when a Knoxville radio host asked about the point guard play and if he’s happy with the performance of “Proctor”. After Gillispie sounded a little irritated and said “Our point guard is Porter”, the guy muttered “Sorry” and dropped off of the line.