Sean Woods to coach Morehead State

Sean Woods is coming to back to the state of Kentucky. The Unforgettable is expected to take over the Morehead State head coaching job, left behind by Donnie Tyndall, who left for Souther Mississippi last month.

Woods spent the last four seasons as the head coach at Mississippi Valley State.

Welcome home.

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for Sean Woods to coach Morehead State

1. Hawk
    6:46 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

I think we will see More Head in Rupp next year!

2. Ridge Runner
    6:47 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Great new for Sean! Well deserved!

3. Mudcreekmark
    6:51 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Can’t blame them for taking the coach that blew the biggest late lead in NCAA tourny history can you? If you look at his resume, exactly what has he accomplished as a coach? I know Morehead isn’t the greatest of jobs but I believe they could have done better. Kelly Wells? Wells resume looks much better to me. He is an alum plus he lead an overachieving Pikeville team to an NAIA Championship.

4. Another Perspective
    7:03 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Very cool. Hope he does well.

5. SouthBeachWildcat
    7:07 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

3. Kelly Wells withdrew his name from consideration.

6. BCO
    7:14 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Im surpised that the other coach left for Souther Miss…is Southern Miss that much a better job that Morehead? Id have figured Morehead was a better job, to be honest.

7. think about it
    7:16 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

3} how did he do that? Don’t believe I’ve heard that one. I remember his shot against puke that put UK up by 1 with 2.7 sec. left in the regional final.

8. Just Sayin
    8:00 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

3. Coaches have failures. That doesnt mean he isnt quaified. What did he do? He took the worst team in the worst conference from the cellar to the tourney and almost beat a team that everybody knew was supremely more talented.

9. Seoulcat
    8:17 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Well, Souther Mississippi is better than Norther Mississippi.

10. ribin
    8:31 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Wish him well — good young coach.

11. bosshogg24
    8:49 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Sean Woods was my pick for Morehead. I met Sean a few years ago and bought advertising from him, he is a great guy!

12. Cal Macy
    9:11 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

No question.

Centrl and Middl Miss are worse.

Butt hOle Miss is worst.

13. Carl
    9:44 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Big congrats to Sean, hope we get them on the schedule. I’d rather play them than the whiny jerks in Bloomington.

14. Cal Crean
    9:59 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Relax: The game will return.

This is just promo.

U of K vs. …..

IU is on hiatus.

Crean says he loves to promote his student body to crazily hate.
    Part of the home court advantage.

Hate!

15. Paratrooper
    10:16 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Good luck, Sean. All of BBN is rooting for you and thanks for the memories.

16. Joel Osteen
    10:30 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

Could both the teams have a curse on them?

The most recent…….the most recent of which..

Not Richey Farmer….

But……..Sean Woods taking the ……..Morehead (can I say that????) …..job.

17. Drew Greene
    10:31 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

3.) It’s ridiculous to ever say the coach blew the game. C’mon, man. Coaches aren’t out there playing.

8.) I totally agree with you.

18. Wells didn't get offer
    10:34 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

#5 Morehead told Wells thanks but no thanks and then he withdrew. Brannen and Graves turned down offers from MSU

19. Takes over when Cal retires? Funny…a lot of people, including me, at one time thought maybe Pel or Ford would be the coach one day. But, who knows, if Sean does well at Morehead, maybe he’ll be a candidate after Cal catches UCLA!

20. Joel Osteen
    10:37 pm May 11, 2012 Permalink

I, I got so lost in my thoughts; In thinking, in thinking not about biblical verses, and possible curses…from the Bible.

But, I wanted to, to, talk about the possiblr….the possible curse from: THuuuuuh GAMEuuuuuh.

Think about it.

The failures….of Hurley, Ritchey, Pitino, Laettner… Lort

who we missin’ a prayer for…….YES….Sean Woods!

21. BNClay
    11:22 am May 12, 2012 Permalink

As a Morehead St. Alum I hope he can get them back to the top of the OVC. But with the other MSU in the OVC (Murray) primed for a good season, I doubt it will be this season. Need to get another big man similar to Faried that can dominate undersized OVC oppenents. Drew Kelly can score some, but he can’t defend.