Scout.com’s Evan Daniels on the Harrison Twins

Scout.com’s Evan Daniels took his everlasting swag on Larry Glover Live last night to discuss Thursday’s big announcement from Brothers Harrison. The twins will host Mark Turgeon and Maryland for a final in-home visit today, but according to Evan, the decision has likely already been made.

“From everything I’ve been told, their decision has already been made,” Evan said on last night’s show. “But, obviously in recruiting, that stuff changes daily. So, Maryland is going to give it one last ditch effort, who knows, maybe that’s where they were already leaning anyway, we don’t know. Kentucky and Maryland are the two schools I think this really comes down to. I think it’s a very tight race.”

Glover wonders if Maryland’s in-home visit is a sign that Turgeon already knows UK is the choice, but wants to make one last plea to sway the decision. Evan doesn’t think either schools knows.

“I don’t think Maryland knows who (the Harrison twins) are choosing right now,” he said. “I don’t think (Maryland) has any idea. I don’t think Kentucky has any idea. I think, at this point, maybe the two kids and the father are the only ones, I obviously could be wrong on that.”

So which school are you picking, Evan?

“It’ll be interesting. All along, I’ve liked Kentucky’s chances. I don’t think that changes at this point. If you look at John Calipari’s recent success, over the past four years, there have been a number of announcements like this and he’s really only lost on one and that was Shabazz Muhammad. It’s tough to bet against the guy.”

Come on down?

Article written by Drew Franklin

76 Comments for Scout.com’s Evan Daniels on the Harrison Twins

1. Redlegs
    1:28 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Still think they are headed to Maryland. Lunch with Turgeon, visit tonight, UA talk, too much Maryland talk for it to be a “last ditch effort”

2. Big Blue 66
    1:33 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

well due to TJ picking washington and then backtracking and when it “leaked” that Noel was picking Georgetown a few minutes before he turned his head around to reveal that beautiful UK logo cut into his hair, Im not listening to anything or anybody.

3. SexnNursinHomes
    1:37 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

1- Yeah, makes total sense. Not.

4. Dazed&Confused
    1:39 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I seriously have issues with Mr. Harrison Sr. I don’t mind that he prefers for his kids to go to Maryland. I get his connections there and that is certainly understandable on his part. No big deal there.

What I do have an issue with is the number of conflicting statements that he has made over the past few weeks. He comments on every single rumor/report about his sons and it seems to always be the opposite of what was said.

First they’re going to Madness. Then they aren’t. Only the Under Armour contact has their phone number. But now that isn’t true. His kids have made up their minds. But now they haven’t. He could know their decision, but he doesn’t.

It seems like there is a big communication gap between the twins and their father. Maybe that’s not true, who knows. But it seems that way. He needs to stop giving out more and more confusing quotes about the situation, as it is only making the situation worse.

Everyone would be better off if he just stayed quiet for the remainder of the process until his sons announce their intentions. I’m sure the twins are hearing about their dad’s quotes/rumors via Twitter and all of their friends, which isn’t making the decision any easier for them.

Just pipe down, quit spreading and debunking rumors and let the next two days play out as they will. /rant

5. Devastation INC
    1:40 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

4- who are you Doctor phill?

6. Muzz
    1:45 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

#2 Spot on.

7. Turgeon
    1:46 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Please come to Maryland, I’ll be your little Calipari!

8. jcpostel
    1:47 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

They’ll pick UK and come to BBMadness… Hard for me to believe they’d decide on a school other than UK before attending BBMadness. The whole Under Armor connection is cause for a little anxiety but if they want to spend the next year (and many more long after) in UA gear then I’m not sure I want them at UK anyway. Maryland’s uniforms encourage me to stop watching television.

9. cristoforouk
    1:47 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

4 – Here is another option. Don’t listen to rumors and what he says. Just wait until the announcement.

10. Duke Sucks
    1:50 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

If the choice is UK and they are going to Maryland to tell a coach they have built a relationship with over years in person says a lot about these yougmen. Most 17 year olds want someone else to give bad news. So if in fact that is what’s happening should make uk fans more at ease with these kids as young men. Their father has done a good job of raising his boys to be respectable men.
    If the choice is maryland I don’t blame them for going to tell the coach in person and line out any final reservations before committing. Which school they choice will have a profound effect on the rest of their life.
    Any way they choose will be a good 1. I know it’s hard for us to fathom, but there is other schools then UK. Even schools that are better fits for some.i just hope we don’t get all those stupid text if they choose UK. I know it’s only a handfull who do this, but it makes us all look bad.

11. Jatt Mones
    1:53 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, because last ditch efforts don’t typically involve last minute meetings and cajoling from interested parties……

12. tltaworl
    1:57 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

8. They came to BBM last year. They can wear under armor under their UK Nike gear. They can get Under Armor tatoos on their foreheads for all I care. Just let them be wearing blue & white.

13. tim
    1:57 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

guys, i’m afraid we’re going to be a little disappointed tomorrow evening from everything i am hearing

14. tltaworl
    1:58 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Regarding the “last ditch effort” could it be that he was offered a chance to come in for one more visit and he jumped at it. If Cal was offered that I would hope he took it.

15. J
    2:01 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I am too old for this recruiting stuff to make me nervous and sick to my stomach. I have 2 kids and a wife, and I am hitting refresh every 5 minutes to look up info on a couple 18 year old twins.. I hate it but I love it! thanks Cal, I missed this feeling until you got here buddy.

16. Jason
    2:03 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I say 90% The Harrison Twins are headed To Kentucky just too many clues points Kentucky way.

17. I Say
    2:04 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I’ve learned to ignore all the hooplah in the days leading up to a recruits announcement. There is Too much bullshit from people who have no clue.

18. doubting thomas
    2:04 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I doubt we get these guys.

19. jaws2
    2:08 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

#10 I think you’re a little to dramatic with the “profound effect on the rest of their life” line. How’s that? These guys are going to a school for one year and will be in the league regardless of where they go. I seriously doubt that 1 year of playing basketball in college will have a profound effect on their lives. C’mon man!

20. SlingBlade
    2:08 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Quality Kids. just want tell Maryland No in Person….Probably at Cals suggestion

21. Jones Returns
    2:12 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Vote for where you think the Harrison twins will end up. #LetsGoBBN…Maryland is currently in a comanding lead.

22. SheCat
    2:14 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

May be Cal’s second home visit was to bring them their UK hat to put on when they make their annoucements! WeAreUK!

23. Jason
    2:17 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

21- No wonder why Maryland leads it’s a Maryland newspaper.

24. ???????
    2:17 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

why do my comments keep getting deleted everytime i post something??

25. Birdman
    2:18 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

What is KSR’s love affair with Evan Daniels? Sure he has recruting info that typically turns out positive for UK, but so does ALL recruiting info when Calipari is leading the way. I went to western with this dork and he’s the biggest UL homer to ever live. He used to play basketball at the Preston Center and talk so much ish about UL. Not to mention he was a “know-it-all” smart ass type back then before he got into his occupation. Guy is a freaking douche. Lets please stop with the love affair.

26. BigBlue1976
    2:19 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Maybe Harrison Sr. makes all these conflicting statements to throw off all the experts and people obsessed with recruiting. It seems like in the past most decisions get leaked somehow by the time of the actual announcement.

27. Some Hope
    2:22 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Jason Jordan‏@JayJayUSATODAY
    “I polled a handful of Top 10 guys in the ’13 and ’14 classes and ALL of them predict that the Harrison twins will end up at Kentucky.”

Not sure why, but this gives me more hope. I remember when they did a similar poll on Bazz, the majority selected UCLA and on Noel the majority selected Kentucky. They got it right last time, didn’t they? 🙂

28. Eric
    2:33 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

under Armour blows anyways… nike gear is way better ha

29. Adam
    2:39 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Concur on E. Daniels. Was on a flight with him last year, guy is a complete tool. A lot of these guys are, actually. Brian Snow looks exactly like the guy you’d expect to see at a Star Trek Convention, or playing Dungeons & Dragons. Creepers.

30. AWAT
    2:49 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

It’s funny to me how ED makes a living off of assumptions. Give me a break with this guy!!!!

31. Tool
    2:49 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Evan Daniels is a tool…..so it Matt Jones, but we all still read em’!

32. AWAT
    2:50 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

However, I hope he is right. Haha

33. Max E. Beasley
    2:51 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

What a good laugh if one went to Maryland and one to KY., However, that doesn’t appear to be the case. My gut feeling says the Terps, (but to never discount Cal) but that it really doesn’t matter because we are likely to reel in some other big fish regardless…..at UK, the beat goes on!

34. Mr. Hanky
    2:52 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I have a friend in Florida, who is a nephew of this nurse who lived in W.Virginia who has a cousin in Baltimore that knew the paper boy that used to deliver the newspaper around the block from the Harrisons that said it’s 50/50

35. Huck Finn
    2:57 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I can confirm evan daiels is a tool also. I was on a steam boat with him last summer and he was a tool to me too.

36. Gladys Knight
    3:03 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Yeah he is a tool. I rode with him on a train one time. I was on my way to georgia. It was just after midnight and he was a TOOL to me.

37. Yngvie Maumsteen.
    3:05 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Daniels is a UL donkey.

38. Eric K
    3:07 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

IN CAL WE TRUST!! GO CATS!!

39. tyrus
    3:14 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Makes no sense to have a home visit just to tell the Maryland coach no, I’m not going to your school. I’m sure Maryland’s coach is busy just like Cal. So wasting an evening by Maryland to hear two high school kids say no…again, just make no sense to me. So who’s next on our “they’re a lock” list of recruits KSR?

40. GoodStuff
    3:17 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Maybe they anounce they are splitting between UK & UM… only to see which coach steps in and says “they belong together/with each other, they are family, I’ll give up my Harrison so they can be together” and then they go with that team????? I beleive that Cal would be that Coach, with this much drama just saying….

41. bmt22033
    3:20 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I’d still love to see them in blue and white but all the Under Armour talk as of late makes me a little bit concerned about potential eligibility issues.

42. Matt
    3:22 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

My brother knows Evan pretty well, and I know him enough to pass judgment. I have played bball with him numerous times, and I haven’t had a problem with him one bit. He is pretty good when it comes to a bball players evaluation and knowledge on recruitment. I can only speak for the encounters I have had with him, but seems like a pretty good guy who enjoys bball, and gets to evaluate it for a living. Not a bad gig, especially considering the connections it has gotten him. As much as he loves UL, I haven’t heard him say a bad thing about UK. He tries to be as unbias as possible.

43. bosshogg24
    3:23 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

# 9 Banner is on its way to Lexington! Fasten your seat belt, quit being negative!

44. Mack
    3:24 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

GoodStuff, That is really some FunnyStuff!

45. DCS195
    3:29 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Really having an in home visit to tell him “yes” makes even less sense to me, #39. I can definitely see a coach wanting a last chance if he feels he is behind and needs to catch up.

46. CAUKFAN
    3:43 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

If they want to take it to the next level fast, they’ll come to Kentucky.

47. SexnNursinHomes
    3:49 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

39- Makes no sense because are a moron.

Your scenario.

Turdgeon- You boys coming to um?

The Twins: Yes, coach!

Turdgeon: Great! I’m heading down to Texas now.

derr derr derr-derp derp

48. Me
    3:54 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I concur that Evan is a tool. I’ve met him thrice. Once on a plane. Once on a train. Once on an automobile. Dude doesn’t even like green eggs OR ham!!

49. huntin chickens
    3:56 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

the under armor rumor is moot. it’s clothes. the twins are gonna have to do themselves a favor. if they pick maryland its hello oblivion, the only way these kids stay relevant (no offense because im sure they are great kids) is to attend uk. its a business decision. if you put the two choices side by side then the non-sentimental pro’s beat the piss out of the emotional pro’s. its a better decision for these kids futures to attend a school that will put them in the spot light on a nightly basis. i know the grammar sucks, but i dont care.

50. huntin chickens
    3:59 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

i’m in sales. the only time i make a last minute meeting is when im not convinced a deal is going through. they call it hand holding. Turgeon has got word from the father that the kids are leaning towards the cats and he has to go show the flag. its sales 101.

51. Marty
    3:59 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Believe they are Kentucky bound. They know Coach Cal Can better prepare them for the next level. Go Big Blue

52. huntin chickens
    4:00 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

my guess is that harrison sr. has some skin in the game for maryland.

53. bluebloodtoo
    4:00 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Dad wants UM, but kids want UK. Who wins this one? We shall see just how much the dad stays out of the decision.

54. luvmesumcat
    4:03 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

It’s over for Maryland. Daddy called Turgeon and delivered the bad news, and Turgeon asked for one last visit with plenty of Under Armor swag. If these kids end up at MD, I’m losing a bet and will have to butt chug some PBR.

GO CAL!

55. great leader
    4:08 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I met him and he is a tool. He told me he shot 9 consecutive holes in one playing golf. Also he claims he never shat.

56. Wildcat2
    4:09 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Since Coach Cal had a “secret” in home visit with the twins recently, may be as #22 said, it was to take them each a UK cap to wear when they make their announcement, otherwise, why not make his visit public as the Terps coach has?

57. Me
    4:15 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I meet him and he is a tool. He tried to sell me a fax machine that he got from some guy with a mustache.

58. tyrus
    4:48 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

45# To me it’s like tonight’s Presidential Debate. What in the world could either candidate (Maryland’s coach) say at this point in time to change the view of someone (twins) who takes the time out and votes each election. Zilch, Zero and Slim just left town. Over this long drawn out recruiting process, again, what could a grown man tell two high school kids that would change their mind? While history shows us that recruits can change their mind by the minute, this is an unusually situation. It involves two brothers. Can’t see them crying on the phone 30 minutes after committing to one college, telling another college, I should have said your college. We’ll know soon.

59. jimtown catfan
    4:49 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I just cant doubt Cal in this scenario. He gets everyone! so Im not worried. And if the twins choose Maryland, i wish them luck and watch Cal go to backup plan and bring in a couple other studs.
    These kids want to be in the NBA in 1 or 2 years. Who can make that happen? Cal can. Proven track record. If they have any sense at all, they will be wearing Blue next year. No offense to the terps, but its just the facts.
    And the way I see this last minute home visit. Turdgeon has caught wind that twins are coming to Lexington. Hes making one last effort to change their minds.

Cal will seal the deal with the twins. Everyone relax!

60. Bob
    5:14 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Why wouldn’t you tell the winning coach before you make the announcement?

61. Lt. Dan
    5:28 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I was on a shrimp boat with Evan one time and concur that he’s a tool belt.

62. Dads already said
    5:31 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Dads already said the decision is theirs to make and he won’t know until they announce. Pay attention.

63. 00Terp
    5:33 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Harrison Sr. reportedly shopping for Condos in Maryland: https://twitter.com/EBJunkies/status/253476178084642816

64. Dana O'Neals Oh face
    5:33 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Twins will announce Kentucky tomorrow afternoon everyone please relax.

65. Once at Disney
    5:35 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I was on a roller coaster with ED and he told me he just guesses at everything. He also had horrible breath.

66. Hey #63
    5:41 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Harrison Sr. was spotted shopping for efficiency apartments in Lexington earlier this week.

67. Coaches Agent
    6:32 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Heard the brothers are a strong lean toward IUPUI.

68. Coaches Agent
    6:44 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Let’s just say I represent a coach that is close to the process….better not go there…he told me in confidence.

69. cmon ppl
    6:46 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

If the twins pick md its not because of under armor, it will be because they already have a good friend on the team and family close by. These kids come from a family with money and they know millions are in there future regardless of where they attend college so I dont think that the brand and money that comes with it are as persuasive to them as it would be to someone that comes from nothing. There are more important things in life than money.

70. Billy G's Used Pul Miller Ford
    7:22 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

I will be at airport to drive Twins to Big Blue Madness !

71. Billy G's Used Pul Miller Ford
    7:24 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Picking up Jimmy Dykes day before BBM.

72. Pennsylvania Wildcat
    7:25 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Man, this is all drama to feed the media hype machine. I mean, do you really think they’re going to clear the air before they announce their intentions. Come on.

73. Leroy Byrd the Third
    7:38 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

Twins are locked up for Kentucky and have been for some time.

74. Catlogic15
    8:04 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

#63. Yeah, and Billy Donovan’s plane is still circling Lexington. Lol!

75. mashburnfan1
    9:43 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

UA did fund the AAU team the twins played on and their dad coached so he may have been given lots of money already by UA. Not saying it is for them to go to Maryland but it scares me.

76. Jimi
    9:56 pm October 3, 2012 Permalink

They moved it up to be a Big Blue Madness. Its a lock.
    Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to read between the lines, but you have to be somewhat bright.

Now we just need to start thinking of some good nicknames.

…..”Wonder Twins Powers Activate!”………….