Scotty Hopson is begging for support against “that blue team”

The wheels are falling off the house quickly in Knoxville as Bruce Pearl is sweating out the NCAA and an SEC schedule that has seen the Vols drop 5 of their last 7 games.  It’s reached a point of desperation for a team whose future once looked bright and it’s the type of fleeting feeling that can’t be cured by a simple sleepover with the portly coach.  It needs more.  Apparently, it needs a begging email from Kentucky native and current Volunteer Scotty Hopson.  University of Tennessee students received the email below last week from #32, asking them if they could find time in their schedule to show up and cheer for the trainwreck in orange tonight and Sunday.

Please?

Enjoy.

What’s up UT students? It’s Great to be a Tennessee Vol!

We need to chat about what we got coming up.

First of all, WE NEED YOU! The SEC East is tough this season and we’re fighting to rep the Big Orange right.

We only have two more games at Thompson-Boling Arena this season, so we really need your support when we take on Mississippi State on Saturday, Feb. 26, and on Sunday, March 6 when that blue team comes to Rocky Top. Both games are on national TV and we want everyone to see why we have the best fans in the country right here at Tennessee.

They’re going to know it, too. Because when Thompson-Boling is rocking, there is no tougher place to play in the nation. That’s why we need you to make sure that we pack the house for the Bulldogs and Wildcats. We feed off your energy and you help us more than you’ll ever know.

My teammates and I want to ask you to please come out and help us get a ‘W’ over Mississippi State and Kentucky. We need you! Come early, be loud and wear Orange.

Let’s do this,
Hop
(Scotty Hopson)

#Losing

***10 hours, 45 minutes until Tennessee Hate Day

Article written by Thomas Beisner

55 Comments for Scotty Hopson is begging for support against “that blue team”

1. Tobias Funke
    1:18 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

How could anyone think UK will win this game. Is it in Rupp? Then its an L. Prove me wrong, CATS.

2. TSlone08
    1:19 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

LOL at #Losing. Just made me burst out at work, now people are staring. Thanks for that KSR.

3. Rocket 20
    1:20 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Glad he didn’t come to UK. They dirty, low down snitches!

4. Jesus Christ saved my soul
    1:21 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

That’s hilarious. UK players don’t have to “BEG” fans to come out and support the team because the BIG BLUE NATION is 24-7 from east to west coast and even in China!!! GO BLUE

5. Biglaw Dawgin
    1:24 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Geez, I guess I didn’t know it was so hard for the little fellas to fill Thompson toiletbowl arena. Whaddya say we go down there and help them out?

6. Claw
    1:25 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Hopson is a punk. I wouldn’t mind seeing Liggins pop him in the nutz.

7. Buzzard
    1:25 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Hey Scotty, orange makes me want to puke. Darious Miller is going to kick your a$$. Please stay in Tenn. when you get out of school. We don’t need you kind in the Bluegrass. Go Cats

8. usgrad93
    1:26 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Can’t believe there are bobbi brown cosmetics and zumba wear ads on the site. I guess Beez has discovered there are more of us girls on here than Matt thought! Thanks for rep’n us Tyler! KSRgirls rule!

9. RichieFarmer'sMustache
    1:26 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

So the “best fans in the country” require begging to come and support their team. That’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are.

10. Matt in Franklin
    1:31 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Shouldn’t be a problem for the orange to fill that arena on a weekend…don’t those inbred a-holes get outta jail on work release for the weekends?

11. MT
    1:31 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

@8 – The ads are based on your recently viewed sites. The ad service reads your cookies, and then serves up ads that fit your interests.

12. Runnin'Ramel
    1:32 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

I laugh at how every team / fanbase, even crap schools that could give a sh*t, claims they have the “best” fans in the country. I often wonder if they really believe that garbage.

13. bmt22033
    1:35 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

9 said all that needs to be said.

14. Charlie Sheen
    1:35 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Tennessee isn’t just losing, they’re bi-losing … lose here, lose there

15. Josh
    1:36 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Tennessee’s at SC tonight, they’ve already lost that game to Miss. St. But, 20,000 did show up, I wonder if they’ll come out again on Sunday.

16. Charlie Sheen
    1:37 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

UK doesn’t have to beg our fans to come out to the games … but we sure as heck have to beg the lower arenites to cheer

17. Charlie Sheen
    1:38 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

i need to unplug my brain … back in a few

18. Chris Minton
    1:38 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Love the subtlety about the wheels coming off the house.

19. Claw
    1:39 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Is “Hate Tennessee Day” tomorrow or Saturday? If it is today, is this “Hate Tennesee Day Eve” when we hang orange jump suits over the fireplace and leave matza balls out for the chubby guy? I just need to know for sure because I really enjoy holidays.

20. SexnNursinHomes
    1:41 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

6 & 19- We need you there kickin’ ass saturday. chuck norris style

21. DixieChiliisbetterthanSkyline
    1:45 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

@11. That’s great and all, but I’m not sure I want to see any ad that involve SexnNursinHomes’ “Interests”. This could quickly become an 18 and over website.

22. Cliver
    1:50 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

No way he wrote that.

23. Claw
    1:50 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

20) I can’t. It would violate my code of honor agreement which includes not setting foot in the state of Tennessee, not drinking anything weaker than whiskey and never again buying my girlfriend a sex toy for her birthday.

24. UK fan from loserville(1 of a million)
    1:53 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

#1 I will bet you my Chuck Taylors we motor out of Tennessee with a big fat W. Put your shoes where your mouth is. Oh, you already did. It’s a bet then.

25. SexnNursinHomes
    1:55 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

21- geriatric boner ads

23- HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

26. The Real Pioneer
    1:57 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

IF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN TROY MCKINLEY’S DAYS, TROY WOULD HAVE SIMPLY LAUGHED IN HOPSON’S FACE AND THEN STEPPED BACK AND DRILLED A THREE RIGHT IN HIS EYE. REPEATEDLY, THE WHOLE EVENING!

27. MT
    1:59 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

@21 Hahahaha! Let’s just hope they don’t start using other people’s interests to generate the ads. I bet the ads for @17 are for Gucci outlets, and Columbian “coffee”

28. jeremy
    2:00 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

please call the place by its correct name, jodie meeks arena hahahaha

29. UkMan
    2:06 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

sorry guys but we lose this game, please prepare yourself and your family.

30. jlragweed
    2:12 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

the funniest part is that he in no way wrote this himself, so this is orchestrated begging

31. Timp
    2:24 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

No way he wrote that

32. cvillecat23
    2:28 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

No chance Hop’ wrote that message to the students. Nice marketing campaign by the communications department.

33. DavenderCatTheSequel
    2:29 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Is he writing that from the Milwaukee Bucks team bus, because he said he chose UT so Pearl could make him a “one & done.”

34. Troy McKinley's Assistant
    2:40 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Mr. McKinley will be there. And he may suit up.

35. Viren
    2:41 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

If Cats go into this game loose they may pull it off but when something is on the line this team does not do well under pressure. If we have a five or six points lead going into final five minutes we will have a shot but Vols will be ready just like Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, and Vanderbilt. Vols faithfully will be all jacked up and Brucie Bruce will let them camp out the night before in the THOMAS BOWLING ARENA. I see Kentucky getting a #3 seed in the SEC Tournament and will play in a loaded bracket filled with SEC East teams like Florida and Tennessee. If we can get a #2 seed we can easily get to SEC Championship game. I think we get to avenge a loss to Alabama on a neutral site.

36. football sux
    2:53 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Pathetic…

37. BigBlueWilly
    2:54 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

My, how Rocky Top has fallen! A player e-mailing the student body begging for attendance at a game is something you would expect at an NAIA program, not a Division I program!

38. Jorts Forever
    3:04 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

If UT had the greatest fans in the country then why is Hippity Hop begging the fans for their support? And will someone tell him that his hair style isn’t coming back.

39. tom5673
    3:23 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

not a chance in hell that he wrote that. way too stiff…

40. Winston Bennett LoveMachine
    3:29 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

#26 The Real Pioneer must be Dave Dixon?? email me at [email protected]

41. Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven
    3:54 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

I could live 1,000 more years and NEVER see anything greater than the day Jodie Meeks hung 54 in that puke orange dump. Maybe when Pearl is fired, Pat Summitt will take his place.

42. UK fan from loserville(1 of a million)
    4:04 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

#29 the same deal for you, I will put up my St. Patricks day Chuck Taylors (worn by yours truly to the SEC tourney Chuck Hays Senior season). You should be ashamed of your name talking like that. The Cats are coming home with a win on Sunday and that is that. Wildcat players, don’t listen to the haters. You CATS are on the right road now.

43. Al's IndiCats
    4:05 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

10) both have the same color. I mean work release and the bb team. How the hell can to tell the difference between the two?
    In all fairness Hopson wasn’t even recruited by Clyde. But he still could’ve went somewhere else. So forget that little pencil eraser headed varmint

44. UK's Victorious Secret.
    5:07 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

I heard Scotty Hopson likes dressing up in dresses and prancing in the daisies… any truth to this?

45. CatsBalls
    5:17 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Every program on the planet thinks their gym is the toughest place to play. I admire the audacity, but we need to drop a Pearl necklace on them as a pre-tournament gift.

46. stewrb
    5:19 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

I’ll never forgive Billie G for pulling Jodie after scoring his 54 when he was still so hot he cudda scored a dozen more and had his jersey retired in Boling too.

47. Checkerboard Chatter
    5:54 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Did the piece above really start with the sentence, “The wheels are falling off the house”???????? I guess most “houses” in Kentucky come on wheels but I’m not sure that is a real strong analogy. At least not to readers who reside in states where trailor parks are in the minority. Its fitting for this site though.

48. I love Jesus
    6:19 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Scotty Hopson could quite possibly be the most overrated player to ever come out of Kentucky. Look what 3 star Lofton did at Thug U and look what Hopson has done!! Hopson is terrible.

49. GODSAZNO
    6:34 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Thompson-Boling Arena sells out once a year – when Kentucky comes to town.

50. Three Stacks
    6:41 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

46. Gillispie is gone. Time to move on and quit making crap up. Meeks played 39 mins in that game. Boom. Winning

51. BravoBigBlue
    7:48 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

UT Vol basketball (mens) = Not relevant.

Get used to it, you dirty snitches!

52. coldspringmike
    8:42 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

I’ll take Hopson in Kentucky blue any day, any time.

53. road_warri0r
    9:41 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

I hope KSR posts the “I hate Tennessee” video before Sunday. Go Big Blue!!!!!

54. Katbluefan
    11:21 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Scotty Hopson is the reason that the fans don’t come to the games and then he ask them to come out. He needs to get a life. I’m just glad he didn’t go to KY and I sure hope he doesn’t go back to Hopkinsville.

55. Scotty's Tutor
    12:35 am March 4, 2011 Permalink

Scotty didn’t write this. His grammar is nowhere near this good. I would know, I’m the one who writes his papers for him so he can play basketball.