Bookie Cobbins to sit out the rest of spring practice

Say it ain’t so, Bookie

Bad news for all you Bookie fans: the beloved wide receiver has fallen behind in his studies and will not participate in spring practice. Today, Joker said that Bookie “dug himself in a hole academically” and will spend the spring focusing on bringing his grades up instead. It’s another low blow for the wide receiving corps, who has faced some tough criticism thus far this spring.

Hopefully that doesn’t mean a hiatus from Twitter too. “Darryl Collins Tweet of the Week” doesn’t have the same ring to it.

26 Comments for Bookie Cobbins to sit out the rest of spring practice

1. gilly on d
    3:33 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Paving the way for Petrino. Joker is really doing a great job of stinking in all areas.

2. Man
    3:33 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Can it get worse for UK football? Geeze…

3. Michael Vick loves Doggies
    3:36 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Bring on Petrino!!!! He got fired for scoring a little in the offseason… What’s the big deal?
    We didn’t fire Joker or even care when he had his little fling with u know who…

4. yeahman
    3:38 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

man the football team is going to be awful. U of L will decimate the cats. it hurts to say that but I have no reason to think otherwise. I dream of one day being able to see the cats be a real factor in the SEC but it doesnt seem like that will happen anytime soon. I hope they prove me wrong though. PLEASE, prove me wrong!!!

5. King Theoden
    3:42 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

So Bookie is dumb and immature… What a surprise!

6. Won and Done
    3:43 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

another negative for the football program? why am i not surprised.

7. Laughter Ensues
    3:43 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Bobby Petrino would be an idiot to come to Kentucky!! He has way too much dignity and credibility to take that job…even after all this drama and getting fired. lol Barnhart only hires no name, worthless coaches for the football program. Expect a random middle school coach from somewhere in Delaware after Joker.

8. mocha
    3:44 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

sorry, i know everyone loves this kid and he is funny and all….but what a waste of space.

9. Rae
    3:46 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Maybe they can pass out little pictures of Banner #8 for us to stare at when people walk into Commonwealth Stadium. That might make football feel better.

10. Big Daddy
    3:49 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

My dad has said for years, “quit worrying about UK football. They’ve never had a team and never will and I’ve been following them for 40 years.” I thought it was funny for awhile but I’ve learned that he was right.

11. Mike
    3:51 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Are these tutors not doing their jobs??

12. Jezz
    3:51 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

We’re winning 3 games next season and I don’t even care.

We just won #8 and it’s awesome. Whatever happens, 2012 is awesome.

13. barn
    3:59 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

damn! there goes our national title hopes

14. Justin
    3:59 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

We still have a football team? Who cares!! Barnhart sure doesn’t or else he’d fire Joker’s a$$! Call should coach the bball and fball teams. He couldn’t do worse…and I bet we’d get better fball recruits.

15. Justin
    3:59 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

*Cal

16. Ridge Runner
    4:02 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Football posts make me sad.

17. Real Talk
    4:03 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Please no more football posts. But don’t get me wrong, I still really like Joker as a person.

18. Rockfield,KY
    4:08 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

10. Good point. Just keep going to games and having a good time (and bootlegging in some bourbon).

19. Ridge Runner
    4:23 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

10 & 18…points taken.

20. Wakecat
    4:42 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

That’s weird. Based on his tweets, I just assumed he was pulling A’s in English / literature classes.

21. DH
    4:45 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

3. I admit I don’t follow UK football very closely, anymore. Why should I care about it when it seems like the University doesn’t care about it enough to find a good coach?.. But I haven’t heard anything about Joker’s “fling.” Can someone explain this please? And btw, I DO like Joker as a person. Seems like a good guy, plus he’s from UK, but after being the HC in waiting during Papaw’s tenure, you’d think we wouldn’t have had much of a drop off. Then again, he was horrible at calling plays when he was the OC and we won despite him, why would I think things would be different when he became the HC?

22. thenamerobdigity
    5:18 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Patrick Towles, come on downnnnn!

23. Tom Sellek's Mustache
    5:20 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

Barnhart said he didn’t mind spending the money if need be to get a big name coach. He is going to have to come December. I’m rooting for Joker, but our wide outs are a joke, and they showed it last year. You cant win games if you can’t catch the ball. It shouldn’t be hard to recruit here, I mean how hard is it to sell starting time in the SEC?

24. Jw
    6:22 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

None of u all no crap about the football team so quit posting! Don’t be mad at joker for having team rules and making players sit out if they don’t meet the academic goals. If u think we only win 3 games this year your are ignorant and i gurantee the wideouts are tremendously better. Once we add this years recruiting class we will have some of the best athletes we have ever had!!!!!!!!!! No more negative posts gosh!! Ooooo and btw joker is the only coach to go to a bowl game in his first year at Kentucky!

25. jhmo
    10:00 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

I have class with Bookie and he is always there and participates. The class is way harder than it should be. The last exam we took the class average (over 200 students) was a 62%. Its a 100 level course.

26. jhmo
    10:01 pm April 11, 2012 Permalink

And its not a science or math class.