Saturday Morning Links

No, not THAT way silly! Down here! The links are down here!

Dominique Hawkins and Makayla Epps were named Mr. and Miss Basketball 2013 last nightKentucky.com has the story.

-Want to play Fun With Lineups? Sea of Blue takes a look ahead to a few potential lineups for the Cats in 2013-2014. They all look like the lineup equivalent of Heidi Klum to me.

-Video of Coach Stoops talking after Friday’s practice, from the venerable Larry Vaught.

-The football team held its first scrimmage Friday, and Coach Stoops is adjusting from his former focus on defense to seeing the positives on both sides of the ball during play. The Cat Scratches blog has more.

-The UK Hoops squad faces Delaware at noon, and Elena Delle Donne is the story du jour. Mark Story wrote a piece about her fascinating history and how she can, in turn, lead the Blue Hens to history.

-Is Tubby Smith heading to Texas Tech to follow in Billy Gillispie’s footsteps? (Coaching footsteps only, obviously. Tubby Smith is much too dignified for night golf).

-Louisville won.  If that’s not enough to make you a little nauseous, Steve Politi says Pitino could be ten days from history.

-In case you missed it last night, the UK Baseball team won the series opener against Georgia with the unicorn of baseball, the walk-off walk. David Mulloy has the game recap here.

-And for a morning giggle, Tyler Johnson’s live diary of the FGCU-UF game. I found his analysis of how rap songs are paired with schools’ video montages especially thought-provoking. It was fun while it lasted, guys. RIP Dunk City.

@KristenGeilKSR

Article written by Kristen Geil

22 Comments for Saturday Morning Links

1. barn
    10:06 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

go (gulp,yecch) cards. i don’t care if dook plays satan’s all-star team from hell, i could never bring myself to root for dook

2. catfan55
    10:06 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

True blue fan here, but go coach P!!! hope he succeeds!!

3. MacGruber
    10:12 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

Can’t root for either. But, it’s easier to root against Louisville. F the birds!

4. xhgd
    10:13 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

I just can’t cheer for Duke. I can’t believe it’s come to this, ugh.

5. get rdy bbn
    10:15 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

It’s time for another day of sub-par writing from ksrcollege.

6. MacGruber
    10:18 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

I can not watch ESPN and won’t hear about Duke. If UofL wins , I won’t be able to listen to local radio or go to the store without hearing about L1C4. Lesser of two evils.

7. HEHATEME
    10:20 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

The only good thing I can see in this matchup is that we can take delight in whomever loses. That being said, I have to say…go cards! Hoping Michigan can knock of cuse and Loserville before its all said and done.

8. HEHATEME
    10:21 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

And Florida. How great would that be?

9. HEHATEME
    10:23 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

When is the McTucky all star game?

10. tdogg40330
    10:27 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

9) April 3rd @ 9:30 on ESPN

11. Al's IndiCats
    10:34 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

I’m like most of you all, I can’t stand either team. We went to Lucus last night to watch the games. I jumped into the shower and I just got out 10 minutes ago because of all the SMAGMA from Uvel and Dook fans. Thank God they have a retractable roof for It’ll take to next August to get that smell out of there…
    I can’t root for either team, all I can hope for is that both teams get sick with the flu and have a barf fest…

12. HEHATEME
    10:39 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

10. Thanks. I simply can’t pull for Duke, in any scenario. I’d like to think the pain for Loserville fans would be greatest if they made the final game and lost. That’s my prayer.

13. Mack
    10:39 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

My son and I have decided we are not rooting for duke to win we are actually rooting for uofl to lose, then duke will replace uofl in the sequence; as in the previous comment “And Flordia”.

14. HEHATEME
    10:48 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

Matchup wise, I think duke presents the best chance to topple the cards of all the teams left. Though I could see Syracuse giving them difficulty as well. If you limit the easy baskets and make them work and hit shots, they are not the same explosive team. I see duke being able to do that best.

15. Bluekzu
    10:48 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

As wrong as it feels, Go Blue Devils. Their fans are largely far away, and at least feign sportsmanship and class.

16. Bluekzu
    10:51 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

When Lousville goes back to it’s typical mediocrity, there will be more room for hatred of the elite programs like Duke. UofL and IU have been like green flies for the past year..you’re too distracted by their buzzing annoyance to see the bigger picture.

17. Mike
    11:14 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

Sad that Pitino and dirty birds still in it but Pitino has earned his due. He is best coach in Ky.and probably Top 2 in country.

18. Andrew
    11:18 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

I hope both suckville and puke have their seasons vacated this year!!!!! That would make me happy!!!!! 🙂

19. Bluekzu
    11:24 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

Sure, Pitino is a good coach. With what he has to work with at Louisville, and at a permanent recruiting disadvantage, he’s done better than anyone would have expected. Kudos to him, hate his program, and hope his team loses in the most brutal fashion possible.

20. IU's Trophy case
    11:48 am March 30, 2013 Permalink

Man does that mean I’ll have a whole new set of Popcorn boxes in me…..again?

21. Harlanhick
    12:08 pm March 30, 2013 Permalink

Cannot under any circumstances pull for dUKe. Just cannot do it. As much as I despise U of L and Pitino, dUKe and coach K winning another title would make physically want to vomit.

22. Bella
    1:34 pm March 30, 2013 Permalink

Mark Story is the new Jerry Tipton. Can’t stand hiz azz.