* Matt’s post-game wrap-up mentioned that Coach Cal admitted that the Wildcats, “may end up being a post-up team.” Huh, a coach playing to his team’s strengths. I didn’t know they could do that!
* The H-L’s Jerry Tipton reports in his blog (without negative spin) that Daniel Orton posed for a picture for fans during warm-ups.
* The C-J’s Brett Dawson writes that Coach Calipari might still find things to dislike heading into the season-opener against NCAA Tournament participant Morehead State.
* The Cats’ Pause’s Matt May focuses his post-game report (subscription not required) on John Wall’s amazing debut and DeAndre Liggin’s bench-belting.
* secsports.com has video interviews with Patrick Patterson and UK Hoops Junior F Victoria Dunlap.
* The C-J’s Jody Demling reports that Norwich (Conn.) Free Academy guard Kastine Evans has committed to UK Hoops. Evans is ranked the No. 67 player in the nation by ESPN. This marks Coach Matthew Mitchell’s 5th commitment for the 2010 class, and the 4th top-100 commitment.
* The Dribble-Drive Motion offense is featured in EA Sports’ NCAA 2010 game. Not featured: the “Hold the Ball And Wonder Why Your Coach is Screaming About Toughness” Offense.
* The voice of the Wildcats, Captain Leach, gives us his EKU matchup video.
* The H-L’s Chip Cosby matches up EKU and UK position by position.
* The Cats’ Pause’s Jeff Drummond speaks to UK Defensive Coordinator Steve Brown (subscription required) about how UK’s defensive unit will be able to handle EKU’s offensive line and misdirection plays.
* secsports.com gives us some SEC Football Notes.
* A Sea of Blue’s Tru assumes a victory over EKU and wonders if UK can win two more games in the SEC.
* Tony Barnhart says the SEC was right to fine Florida coach Urban Meyer. Spencer Hall has suggested payment methods of the fine.
* Speaking of Spencer, if you missed his Rich Brooks noir piece, you missed something amazing.
Other Interesting Links
* If you haven’t, check out Patrick Barker’s write-up of UK AD Mitch Barnhart speaking in Patrick’s class. My favorite quote: “The local media hasn’t figured out that negative doesn’t sell.” Unicorns and rainbows demand premium ads!