It’s Saturday morning. You’re sitting at Cracker Barrel with your grandparents. Flipping through the menu, you finally find the breakfast dish of your choice. The seat squeaks as you lean forward and spout off a couple slurred words to the waitress because it’s too early and the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet. She digests your requests, then asks you that inevitable question: “Sausage patties or links?” You hesitate – both are delicious in their own manner and you’d hate to deprive your tongue of either flavor, but you may choose only one this morning. Which do you prefer? If it’s Saturday morning on KSR, you’re going LINKS. Every. Single. Time.
– It’s gameday! You’re excited to see the Cats play on the road against LSU at 4pm, so check out this breakdown of the matchup by CBS Sports. The line currently sits at -9.5 in favor of UK. The KSR family does not promote gambling, unless you’re really good at it.
– Coach Cal and his canine letter have been picked up by the national press with this USA Today piece. (This is only worth clicking to see the picture they used.) Buzz…your girlfriend…WOOF.
– *TIPTON LINK* Marquis Teague and Calipari are ready for Anthony Hickey to come at Kentucky with his best shot. Hickey’s lack of attention by the Kentucky schools could give him extra motivation to show up those who passed on him, and Cal recognizes that. Just another reason why UK becomes ‘everyone’s Super Bowl’. I like Teague’s attitude going into this game – “It’s no one-on-one battle.” It’s a good idea to recognize the possibility of that being what it turns into for the point guards, and thus avoiding it all together and focusing on playing the team game on offense.
– Here’s another article on Hickey from a NOLA.com where he discusses he former desire to play for the Cats. He had this to say: “I know I’m going to be a little hyper; I ain’t going to let it get too hyper.” Hickey’s speed and energy are going to make him look like Squeaky Johnson from UAB back in the day.
– If you didn’t see the post below, Daniel Orton got his fast NBA action/points last night. It wasn’t in the best of circumstances, but it’s still an accomplishment. Congrats, kid.
– NCAA referees are being urged to enforce sportsmanship rules. What exactly does that mean for the future? Who knows, but it will be interesting to see what comes from it. The example used in the article mentions Markel Brown’s technical fouls and ejection from what was possibly the dunk of the year.