G’morning, friends. That headache. Ouch. I can’t believe you did that last night. Yes, you really did. Stop trying to play it off. We’re not going to let you live this one down. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and get ready for the day. You may not recognize the picture above – that’s because its from a new local band based out of Louisville called Houndmouth. They are my very good friends and they’re about to do some pretty cool things. Their music will be a nice way to start your morning while you read through the KSR links/backlog. Give them a listen with this SoundCloud widget, and follow them on Facebook or Twitter if you enjoy. They’re next show is 2/11 at Zazoo’s in Louisville.
– The Cats play against Alabama at Rupp at NOON on CBS. LIVE BLOG at 11:45ish. BE THERE. Here’s a preview of the game from an Alabama newspaper that states that UK will be Bama’s biggest challenge yet. I’d agree.
– The Courier-Journal thinks Bama’s defense will be a nice test for that sometimes frustrating UK offense.
– Hey, did you guys know Derek Willis committed to Kentucky? And his dad just bought his FIRST Kentucky shirt ever last Sunday.
– Anthony Davis’ blocks are fueling the defense – expect more today.
– Coach Cal is trying to motivate Doron Lamb by using the bench. Is it working?
– Jerry Tipton (*Tipton link alert*) says that Anthony Davis a fantastic listener.
– Give this nice profile of a Kentucky womens’ star a read: UK Hoops’ A’dia Mathies “isn’t an easy read, even for her family”.
– John Wall — 13 pts, 9 reb, 10 ast (DEN 108 – WAS 104)
– DeMarcus Cousins — 17 pts, 13 reb, 4 stl (SAC 88 – SAS 86)
– Jodie Meeks — 12 pts, 3 reb (PHI 90 – ATL 76)
– Brandon Knight — 22 pts, 4 ast, 10-10 ft (MEM 98 – DET 81)
– Tayshaun Prince — 14 pts, 5 reb (MEM 98 – DET 81)
– Josh Harrellson – 6 pts, 2 reb, 2 stl (MIL 100 – NYK 86)
– Rajon Rondo is out with a sprained wrist.
– Eric Bledsoe is still injured, but could be back soon.