– So what’s happening in Tennessee? Nothing. Just a little two-year self-imposed probation for the Vols athletics programs. The news became public yesterday that the Vols placed these sanctions on themselves back in May because it was easier to stomach than actually putting their lips on the butts of the Committee on Infractions. That committee, by the way, still will rule in a few weeks and possibly add to the sanctions. As Not Jerry Tipton said, Tennessee putting themselves on a two-year probation is like Vin Diesel removing himself from Oscar consideration for Fast Five.
– Kentucky defensive end Jacob Lewellen is a good dude. Read about him.
– Sports hate is innocent. Sports hate is fun. Actually hating people because of the team they root for? Maybe a little too much. The Orlando Sentinel’s hemorroid, Mike Bianchi, writes about the hatred between Auburn and Alabama fans, which was the basis for Nick Saban and Gene Chizik talking tolerance between the fan bases this week in Hoover.
– Coach Cal hung out with Jerry Tarkanian in Vegas yesterday. Cal talked about basketball, Tark just said “Turtle, turtle” over and over.
– In the Baltimore Sun, there’s a profile of Kentucky’s newest member of the 2011 football class, Travaughan Paschal, who spent last season at Fork Union Military Academy. The 6’4″ 245 pound defensive lineman ended up playing the extra season after his teammate broke his arm at a postseason team dinner. That’s it. Just kind of interesting. And fills space.
Hey, maybe the kids are alright after all…