We’re just a few short hours away from tipoff with Alabama, so let’s make a quick run through the internet. Before we do, make sure you appreciate the subtle greatness that is the Tennessee fan and try to figure out if the ones driving this car were a) mentally lacking or b) very congested.
A few notes…
– The Courier-Journal’s Eric Crawford says that UK let off the gas in the clutch. I tend to disagree, but I don’t write for the Courier-Journal so it doesn’t matter.
– The C-J’s basketball notebook takes a look at the altercation between DeAndre Liggins and Reginald Buckner after the game.
– Gentleman John Clay writes that Kentucky needs more out of Knight and Jones. Fair point.
– The Good Doctor Jerry Tipton writes some words about UK, but none more entertaining than “bumping their gums”. That was the description of Liggins and Buckner’s interaction.
– Even with some saying they need to win today, the Birmingham News says Alabama should have an NCAA bid locked up, thanks to their SEC play.
– Despite a lot of rumors, Billy Gillispie is still not talking about the Texas Tech job. If the Texas Tech job were a 13 year-old boy, that would probably be different.
– Speaking of Gillispie, USC coach Kevin O’Neill got drunk and got into it with some Arizona boosters and fans, earning himself a suspension for the rest of the Pac-10 Tournament.