(1) The Kentucky football team is set to have their second scrimmage today at 10 am at Commonwealth Stadium. The scrimmage is expected to last until roughly 11:40 am and is open to the public. For those of you unable to make it out, we will make sure to recap it for you on Monday. (UKathletics)
(2) The Southeastern Conference caught a lot of flack for being weak this year. But fear not, for Bozich predicts better days ahead for SEC basketball. (Courier-Journal)
(3) Just as I – I mean the fake JB Holmes – predicted, both he and former Wildcat Steve Flesch made a charge at The Masters in yesterday’s second round. Flesch now sits in third at -5 and Holmes at -1. Trevor Immelman leads with a -8. Round three resumes today at 3:30 pm on CBS. (Masters)
(4) Former Wildcat Brandon Webb again looked strong last night in his outing against the Rockies. Webb went 8 innings, giving up on 4 hits in the Diamondbacks 8-2 win. (ESPN)
(5) Ummm…this dude loves to eat. The Collegiate National Eating Championship are next weekend and UK senior Christian McCarthy is a #1 seed in the competition. The competitors will tackle eight “college foods” including cheeseburgers, hot dogs and french fries to determine the winner. (Kentucky Kernel)
(6) An interesting story in the Wall Street Journal about athletes and their entourages. It seems someone has told them that it’s not worth paying someone 50k a year to pick up fast food for them. In related news, I’m in the process of finally removing Hilbert from my coat tails. He’s been Cheddar Bob-ing me for too long now. (The Big Lead)
And, just in case this beautiful Saturday wasn’t special enough for you, I’d like to wish you a Happy Joker Phillips Day my wildcat brothers and sisters. The Kentucky offensive coordinator and head coach in waiting celebrates the big 4-5 today. Celebrate accordingly.