Let’s keep this simple. It’s time to break a couple of streaks today. It is not out of the question and I don’t ask for much. Let’s make this happen Cats.
– The always well-dressed Chip Cosby says that the Cats are ready to break the losing streak against the Gamecocks.
– The legendary Tom Leach issues his Leach Report for the South Carolina Gamecocks. He also has an interview with Seth Emerson of The State.
– On the enemy side, GoGamecocks.com has a thorough preview of the game, and they think that both quarterbacks are sure to test the other’s young corners.
– The Anderson Independent Mail has a position-by-position breakdown of the Gamecocks and Cats.
– They also write that South Carolina is seeing success from a three-back rotation – and all three have had a hand in helping the Gamecocks this year.
– Also, GamecockCentral.com (a Rivals site) has a massive preview of the showdown in Columbia.
– The Greenville News thinks today’s matchup is between two similar teams with similar goals. Both are looking to get to a bowl and get to a point where they can win the East.
– Also, in this week’s player Q & A, Morgan Newton thinks he could put points on the board, but understands that the coaches don’t think that he’s ready.
– The Sumter Item says that USC looks to continue streak over a “very good” Kentucky team, according to Spurrier.
– The Charleston Post Inquirer takes a look at the big improvement made by Gamecock quarterback Stephen Garcia in the course of a year. Hey, we’ve heard that around here.
– And, from Tom Leach again, comes two videos. One of Corey Peters and one of Mike Hartline.