HappyNicaraguan Mothers Day!
– Our favorite faux hawk, Gary Parrish, blames the Memphis situation on athletic director R.C. Johnson and says Memphis could have used the NCAA letter to keep Calipari. Basically, blackmail.
– Jerry Tipton writes a column about the column written by Geoff Calkins at the Memphis Commercial-Appeal. That, of course, was the column about Calipari letting “scoundrels” run the program.
– Mark Story writes a letter to Dr. Lee Todd regarding the Memphis accusations and says Todd is carrying Calipari’s baggage.
– For next week Saturday’s NCAA hearing, Calipari plans on phoning in from China to answer questions.
– Joe Biddle of The Tennessean takes a look at a week of not-so-pleasant news for the Kentucky basketball team.
– On the final day of meetings, the SEC voted to only allow 28 new football signees per year. Mike Slive will meet Tuesday with bowl representatives to negotiate deals as the contract ends with all nine after this season.
– At the request of UK’s staff, Daniel Orton will not play in the Faith 7 All-Star Game in Oklahoma. Orton is currently in summer school and the coaches don’t want him missing time.
– At the Chicago Combine, Jodie Meeks officially measured in at 6’3″ with a wingspan of 6’4.5″.