Yesterday’s State Tourney Results
West Jessamine over Grayson, 72-67
Central over Eastern, 71-65
Holmes over Lexington Catholic, 72-56
Elliott County over shelby Valley, 75-69
Today’s State Tourney Games
West Jessamine vs. Central (10 am)
Holmes vs. Elliott County (11:30 am)
Championship game (8:30 pm)
– UK recruiting target Eric Bledsoe was MVP of the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game last night.
– Jerry Tipton writes that Creighton is looking forward to another shot at the SEC after being eliminated by Florida last year. Also, an interesting note buried at the end of the story: The Blue Jays’ scouting report labels Patrick Patterson as “OJ Mayo’s HS teammate”…and that’s it.
– Andy Katz was chatting on ESPN.com yesterday and when asked about BillyGillispie returning next year, Katz said:
I don’t know the answer. You shouldn’t get rid of a coach after two seasons. Billy Gillispie firmly believes the Cats will be very good next season. But he has to do a better job of the other parts of his job. You can’t just be the basketball coach at Kentucky.
– Junior lefty James Paxton struck out 10 and gave up 1 run in 6.2 innings as UK defeated Vanderbilt yesterday, 3-1, at Cliff Hagan Stadium. The Cats (14-4, 2-2) will take on the Commodores again today at 1 pm.
– Future UK linebacker Ridge Wilson has his eye on a basketball state championship to go with his two football state titles.
– Former UK receiver Glenn Holt signed a deal with the Vikings, ending his tenure with the Bengals. Holt’s NFL career continues to be one of the biggest surprises of the Rich Brooks era.
– Esquire magazine takes a look at the seven dirtiest college basketball teams of all-time. Don’t worry, Eddie Sutton isn’t ont here.
– The whole “spoiled loud-mouth who throws around accusations that are wrong” thing? Umm, Lane Kiffin says it’s an act and he’s doing it on purpose. Yeah. Sure.
– With Kentucky in the NIT and the Filthy Cards the #1 overall seed, it’s important to remember to laugh.