Seriously, this is the guy that’s supposed to stop Patterson?
Good morning, sweet readers and welcome to a beautiful Saturday. This fine day brings us the beginning of SEC play and a chance at revenge against the Vanderbilt Commodorks. So, to make sure we make the most of our time together today, let’s make sure we get ourselves properly prepped.
– Billy Gillispie thinks your talk of needing a third scorer is bullcrap. He needs all 172 players on the roster to be scorers.
– Remember when Vandy made you cry and question your entire existence last year? So do the Cats and they’re ready for payback.
– K.C. Ross-Miller scored 10 points last night against St. Catherine’s JV team. He said it was “quite bad” and wants to “show everyone he can play” when his God’s Academy team takes on Campbell (OH) Memorial tonight at 8 pm. It’s at Lexington Catholic.
– If you’re going to the game today, you can watch Rich Brooks receive the Liberty Bowl trophy at halftime. Also, on a similar note, the Cats received 13 votes in the final poll, placing them 38th overall. It’s the third consecutive year that the season has ended with them receiving votes.
– Former UK QB Shane Boyd will be the quarterback for the Columbus (Ga.) team in the inaugural season of the United National Gridiron League. The goal of the league is to be a developmental stop for the NFL.
– Remember a few weeks ago when I asked you guys to help Mark Story come up with a tandem nickname for Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson? Well, now he has a poll up for the four finalists. Go make your voice heard.
See you in a few…..don’t forget to skip below and help El Capitan Jones find a pair of tickets.