Sad UNC fan is sad

CRYING-UNC

I’ll admit, my hate towards UNC has weakened slightly over the past few years, perhaps because they also struggled this season, or an odd mix of sympathy and “bless his little heart” sentiments towards Roy Williams, or simply the fact that it’s been almost seven years since I lived in the Tarheel state and had to deal with their fans.

But, despite my growing apathy for all things argyle, I still enjoy watching their fans cry.

UPDATE: Okay, he was apparently just reacting to a block. Still funny.

34 Comments for Sad UNC fan is sad

1. Rixter
    8:37 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

As as a Carolina fan, you’d think he would be used to his team coming up short

2. UKBlue
    8:38 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey don’t hate, the BBN had looks like this if not worse all season. Watching UK play this year was painfulllllllllll !!

3. RobJones__
    8:47 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

He actually wasn’t crying. If you we’re watching the game it came right after the Withey block on Bullock’s 3 point attempt. That was simply a, “that was a nasty block” face.

4. MadTex
    8:49 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

He actually just smelled a fart from the guy on his left….

5. Thundercat
    8:52 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

Actually, I think he was just upset that Roy kicked his friend out of the arena for heckling.

6. Joseph Adams
    8:52 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

Exactly what #3 said… It was a block he was reacting to not crying because of a loss… Guess that shows you didn’t even watch the game, because the announcers even pointed that out.

7. NKY_UK_fan
    8:54 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

How did Florida Gulf Coast get a better point point guard than UK did this season?

8. Thundercat
    8:56 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

He sure does have decision making kahonies.

9. Irhere
    8:56 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

Anytime your distaste for the sissy blue folks lessens just visit their scout IC site and read their UK related hate mail and take a gander at their pervasive sanctimonious attitudes…..easily the worst in college sports.

10. Integrity
    9:03 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

This is a clear distortion. KSR should have more respect for its readers. Shame on you. Go run for office, you are not a journalist.

11. Kelly
    9:10 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

3 is right.

12. UK
    9:11 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

5 days ago I had never heard of Florida Gulf Coast in my life.

13. deepsouthfan
    9:11 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

Wait till Wiggins choses UK over UNC…Then we will see tears.

14. UK56Always
    9:12 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

I was really hoping for UNC to win. Kansas is just 10 wins behind UK in all time wins. I guess next year when we go 40-0 we will make up some ground.

15. mashburnfan1
    9:13 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

Cal did it again. Since alot of you think the only way to the NBA is Cal here is another one. Because Cal recruited this kid so hard he will now be a NBA lottery pick. Shabazz will prolly be next. Bet they are glad Cal recruited them or they would have had no chance. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21940237/unlvs-anthony-bennett-headed-to-nba-

16. UK
    9:13 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

But Florida Gulf Coast would have smoked UK this yr by 15 at least.

17. RahRah
    9:19 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

Can’t laugh at the poor guy – looks like my face half the season! lol

18. mashburnfan1
    9:20 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

12} Alot of people can say that. They are in Ft. Myers FL and just went D1 around 10 years ago. Their first coach was a clueless bald jerk but this Enfield guy seems to be good, came from FSU so maybe our football team can do same thing. The point guard, Comer, was starting pg for high school team Winter Park with Austin Rivers for 4 years. They won 2 or 3 state titles. Brown is from Orlando area as is Larkin at UMiami. Orlando is a good bball area and there are more coming from there like Joel Berry to name just one. Funny thing is FGCU lost to Lipscomb twice this year, lost to Stetson as well. Very small not so good schools, makes you wonder. College bball is very bad right now so this is going to happen. We had like three 15 seeds win in 20 years and now we have had 3 in last two years.

19. Duke Sucks
    9:27 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

I have respect for OL’ Roy. UNChas kinda used the same model as Cal has. Recruit the best possible and let them go to the NBA. UNC had a season like ours after their last championship. They lost most of their team and struggled with a young team.
    Roy has always been respectful of UK and Cal. Unlike Duke and rat face, Roy has openly admitted that he was re recruiting the same players as Cal only to have Cal beat him out on most since Cal has came to UK. Coach K acts like its below him to recruit the one and done players. When in actuality he has been actively recruiting the same kids but just can’t land them! Even Parker who is a great player ended up at dUKe after UK backed off him in favor of Randle over this past summer! Parker might have ended up at dUKe anyway but UK stopped recruiting him first!

20. Rei
    9:27 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

UNC is the only other program I root for regularly. UK is always #1 though.

21. barn
    9:29 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

oldstool must have gone to bed or else he’d be on here extolling fgcu for beating sdsu with a bunch of non-one-and-doners

22. dave
    9:59 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

nah thats not funny once you were wrong. if anything, it’s a fan being respectful of another school’s player.
    this is why people make fun of us. runnin our mouths….

23. G
    10:03 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

Really? We lost to Bobby frkn Morris. I love my cats I’m 40 years old seen the good times and terrible times but to crack on a kid for being sad cause they got beat in the real tournament is piss poor. Mean they will be crying when we whip that ass next year but at least it will be expected

24. katzrjamers
    10:04 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

I was going to after KSR for singling out a fan who was not being obnoxious or abusive or wearing red, then I saw MTT wrote this, so I’ll pass on it. Guess all bloggers have slow news nights.

25. pam
    10:17 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

That is too funny!! I am always rooting for UNC to lose!1

26. Culver
    11:02 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

I saw this live, wondered if any other fans caught it. Cracked me the hell up at the time, and after seeing it again, still does! Too freaking funny!

27. jon
    11:21 pm March 24, 2013 Permalink

@ Mrs. Tyler Thompson

When did you live here? And why?

28. worthythorn
    1:35 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

28 – Probably for work. Not a lot of job opportunities in good ole Ky.

29. Jeremy
    8:44 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

Looks like Bill Walton… Ugly!

30. Todd
    9:34 am March 25, 2013 Permalink

This is the best thing you guys have put on the site in a while. #UNCSUCKS

31. kody
    12:19 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

yeah he’s not crying.

i don’t get the ill will here. carolina fans don’t harbor it towards kentucky.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      3:03 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

28 – I went to school at Davidson College, which is 20 minutes north of Charlotte. Prime Tarheel country.

32. GoBigBlueSusieQ
    5:48 pm March 25, 2013 Permalink

I think the guy next to him farted.