Sad Tayshaun/Pistons fan is now Happy Tayshaun/Grizzlies fan

Cory Brandt, the Tayshaun Prince fan who didn’t get the Pistons-Grizzlies trade memo two weeks ago, got to meet his hero yesterday in Memphis. The Commercial Appeal and the Grizzlies organization arranged a trip for Brandt and his family to go to Memphis for Sunday’s game and a surprise meeting with Tayshaun. ¬†Grandt was doing an interview before the game when Tayshaun snuck up behind him and surprised him with an autographed jersey.

Prince said, “When I saw the Kentucky shirt, it told me what kind of die-hard fan he is.”

Brandt was introduced to the crowd at halftime as the Grizzies’ newest fan.

Read the story here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Sad Tayshaun/Pistons fan is now Happy Tayshaun/Grizzlies fan

1. Kemp's Pawn & Lube
    1:31 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Tayshaun gets it.

2. slimflannery
    1:31 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Great to see a fan rewarded for loyalty to a favorite player as the player has little to no control on being traded.

3. Juan4UK
    1:34 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Outstanding move by Memphis! And great stuff by Tayshaun for acknowledging his fanbase. Has to feel good for those guys when the meet fans like this.

4. Wildcat79
    1:37 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Great post Drew! Good for Memphis and Prince for recognizing this! Awesome stuff for people going out of their way to make others happy

5. AirRaid
    1:46 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Is that Jorts on the free throw line?

6. Steely Dan
    1:51 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

GRIZZIES!!!

7. bmwuk
    1:53 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Great story.

8. ItsTimeFor9
    1:54 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

One of my favorite UK players ever! I can’t watch this without getting chills – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EGMtbucFD0. Tayshaun is not a Prince, he’s a King! And he also had down best block in the NBA I’ve ever witnessed – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJ4iwqnLKc. I’d say it was the best block ever in basketball, college or pro, but I have to give the #1 spot to Anthony Davis and his huge block against North Carolina’s Henson last year.

9. Rockfield, KY
    1:58 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

This is why I love UK. The BBN really does act like a giant family. And good for Memphis too. They’re now one of my favorite teams, just like that.

10. Musehobo
    2:11 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Ha! I was remembering when this video was originally posted that somebody here claimed that video was “photoshopped” Hilarious.

11. BleedsBlue
    2:14 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

THANK YOU Tayshaun for being such a NICE guy! You made this young man’s day and gave him something to remember the rest of his life! WAY TO GO Tayshaun!! A real great story! Sometimes it just the little things in life and it shows other former ‘Cats just what kind of fans they have. I had to get out my tissue!! #BBN forever!

12. Fake Nate
    2:15 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Drew-
    Are there any nice places in Madisonville to take a lady for Valentine’s Day dinner?

13. Cats in the NBA
    2:55 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Great story! Tayshaun is all class.

14. kadizkat
    3:01 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Tayshaun has always “gotten it”. Great ambassador fot UK BBN. Also congrats to Cory and his family for being loyal UK fans. Great middle name for his child!!
    #12, you’re stuck with Applebee’s or El Bracero.

15. JHD
    3:51 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

The thing that struck me most about this is the reader comments below the story on the Commercial Appeal website. Go back and read through them. It’s clear that the people of Memphis are fine, good natured, supportive citizens and Grizzly fans. It stands in such a contrast to the bilious cesspool of the Herald-Leader comments section, where you’d only have to wait a few minutes for someone with a chip on their shoulder to take a shot at this Brandt, Tayshaun, the team, Memphis, or the whole state of TN. The intensely negative reaction from Lexington residents to ANYTHING is the hands-down worst part about living here. We don’t recognize how lucky we are to have the university, the sports, and the community that exists here. (/rant)

16. Devastation INC
    4:11 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

Great story. Class act for sure

17. 3cats
    4:42 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

BBN #1 To cool

18. Bookem DanO
    6:10 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

A great story.

19. Kevin Reid
    8:40 pm February 11, 2013 Permalink

I live I close to Detroit. Just received my Prince Grizzlies Jersey in the mail yesterday before Tay’s great game! He is a good man and missed in Detroit! I am a Piston’s fan until they play the Grizzlies. I will be wearing #21 in Grizzlies blue at the Palace when they play this month! Had to add the NBA package to my cable to watch and root for Tay and also Daye! Go Grizzlies!!

20. fireants25
    12:17 am February 12, 2013 Permalink

dude! what a lucky guy…what a badass story…Prince is an all time UK great.