Ryan Timmons says visit to Florida is “great”

Ryan Timmons, the Franklin County star who sits high atop Neal Brown’s wish list for the 2013 class, had a “great” visit with the Florida staff today that he says will make his decision even harder. He is in Gainesville this weekend for an official visit, thanks in part to Florida WR coach Joker Phillips.

Timmons is down to Florida, Kentucky and Ohio State and will announce his decision on Tuesday, February 5th at 1:00 pm ET.

Come be a hero, Ryan.

42 Comments for Ryan Timmons says visit to Florida is “great”

1. Dear IU and UL, We are National Champs; you are not. The end.
    4:54 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Joker still messing up our program.

2. 13 year old cats fan
    4:58 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

should i buy the nike platinum warm up jacket from last year, even though the championship years on the back are now outdated? Or should i just buy the regular white uk warm up jacket?

3. Dr. Funke
    5:00 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Just another epic recruiting battle between Florida, Ohio State, and UK… wait a minute

4. Catlogic15
    5:02 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Glad Joker finally learned to recruit. Of course, he had to bring an actual head coach with him to do it. That’s what he learned.

5. Not hard at all
    5:04 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

It’s not a hat decision at all. Come to UK be a hero, and be set for the rest of your life. You can get a job anywhere and people will love you. Go elsewhere and be forgotten.

6. Big Blue Fan
    5:09 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Out of all the players in Florida Joker had to put them on a 3* kid from Ky… Guy can’t coach and then puts it to the University. Everyone loves Joker though even though he about destroyed everything Brooks built and now put Florida on a kid who wasn’t even on their radar. Prick

7. kingrex
    5:11 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Thanks Joker. He knew he was out of his depth taking the head coaching job, but took it anyway. Then he ruins the program which was finally showing signs of life. Now he is going to screw us by recruiting this guy to florida. Thanks joker.

8. Otis
    5:16 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Maybe Joker is recruiting him to Florida because he’s a good player, not to screw Kentucky.

9. rnewton22
    5:25 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Did he watch Florida try to pass in the game against Louisville?

10. I'm me and no one else
    5:25 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

@ 10 – if that’s the case, why didn’t he recruit him, or any of the other guys who got ignored, HERE?

11. Kelkat66
    5:27 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Seriously? What would you do if you were Joker? I think it sucks that Florida got turned on to this kid because of Joker but that is Joker’s job now. His job is to coach Florida’s players and try and bring in players for Florida. He was fired from UK.

For people to get mad at Joker for doing his job that he was hired to do by Florida is ridiculous. Let’s just hope that Stoops can get this kid. Hate to see any Kentucky players go out of state. But stop hating on Joker for doing his job…

12. Ok so
    5:27 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Joker should just stay out of ky, no one should feel sorry for him anymore. Juck foker

13. Zach
    5:28 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Anyone know where he will be at a specific time. I’m in Gainesville this weekend and could easily make BBN known to him down here.

14. coldspringmike
    5:29 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Course he’s gonna say it’s great. 75 degrees outside, sunshine, short shorts on campus. Bet Billy D. even dropped in and talked to him, but Kentucky is still his best choice. Like our chances.

15. kingrex
    5:30 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

honestly I do not care that it is his new job. I think it is the beginning of the end for Florida football as we know it, which makes me happy.

16. Ok so
    5:30 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Maybe if joker would have done his job here instead of running the football program into the dirt, people wouldn’t care so much

17. 13 year old cats fan
    5:30 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

@5 thanks for the opinion!

18. Duffus
    5:33 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Timmons it’s your choice no doubt–but remember Joker will not be taking care of you while you are at Fla–he will not be there that long–come to Kentucky and enjoy the offense “TOUCHDOWN KENTUCKY” as Leach calls thats #30 for the young reciever from right down the road in Franklin County!!!!

19. Poco Chang
    5:39 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

This is good news. It means he’s still a UK lean. If he had said the “great” visit made things easier, that would be something to worry about.

I suggest Ryan go watch some video of Muschamp’s dysfunctional offense, then get a good night of sleep.

20. Big Blue Fan
    5:40 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

#13

The point is how many kids in Florida has the same build, speed ect. as Timmons. I guarantee they are a ton of them so year have some respect of the program you about destroyed and not try to steal a kid in our backyard who Florida was never looking out. Its called respect because UK gave him more than enough respect keeping him 3 years

21. bluristhurr
    5:46 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

#1 Good one, made me lol
    #3 Skip both and buy an old UK starter jacket with the twisted Peni$ tongue

22. kingrex
    5:46 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

#22- thank you!

23. bluristhurr
    5:48 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure you can still get one at a goodwill near you

24. JBR
    5:56 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Joker can bite my nut.

25. kelkat66
    5:57 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

#22

Stealing? Respect? Joker was hired by Florida….he works for Florida…this has nothing to do with respect and certainly isn’t stealing…

And I have news for ya…UK has never been a powerhouse in football. Even with Brooks UK was a middle of the SEC team.

26. Good fella
    6:01 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

The good news about this folks is that Joker is recruiting him. Joker sucks arse at it.

27. paintsville'sdairyqueen
    6:07 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

@kelkat66 Is that you Mar Jo??

28. paintsville'sdairyqueen
    6:08 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

damn it! I meant Mary Jo

29. [email protected]
    6:28 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I completely understand why people were unhappy with the state of UK football. I even get it if you think that Joker is a horrible coach. But for people to say the crap about Joker that they do is just pathetic. When I see UK fans make these kind of comments I bow my head in shame.

Say what ya want about Joker as a coach but respect the man. He is one of us..well, as far as being a life long UK fan. I love Stoops. Great hire. But I tell ya what…if Stoops has any kind of success at UK…what ya think is going to happen? Some other “big name” football program will come along and make and offer and he will be gone. The revolving door of head coaches will probably never stop at places like UK. BUT you know what? Joker would never have left for another job…because he was one of us. He loved this program. UK was his dream job…do you think UK is Stoop’s dream job?

All I am really saying is just stop the hating on a guy that loves UK…let it go…

30. Rich
    7:24 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

I hope this kid goes somewhere other than kentucky. He is way overrated

31. mudcreekmark
    7:31 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

29) Good to see you on here Mrs. Phillips.

32. Flyer nation
    7:32 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

1st, joker is doing his job, let it go. He had been recruiting Timmons for a year and a half, anybody who thought he wouldn’t try to get him at Florida is foolish.

2nd, what KSR and every other recruiting source reporting on Timmons seems to be missing is that Illinois is still on his list and very much a factor. They have been on him the longest of those he is considering and have recruited him hard throughout. Their head coach was at FCHS last tuesday to see him.

3rd, if anybody tries to say he is leaning toward any one of these schools before he makes his announcement, they are making it up. He has not given any indication to anyone. We’ll all know at 1:00 pm next Tuesday, come to FCHS and wear blue, just in case he picks the cats.

33. Big Blue Fan
    7:34 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

#29
    Do you have the same respect for Bill Curry?

34. Kelkat66
    7:47 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

What’s Bill Curry got to do with anything?

I support all things Big Blue. I really don’t see the point in throwing players or former coaches under the bus. Especially when it comes to someone like Joker who both coached and played at UK and by all accounts was passionate about BBN.

UK needs talent…talent is what wins. Joker was considered one of the strongest recruiters UK has ever had…he was a large part of Brooks success.

Stoops looks at this point to be an even better recruiter. I am excited for the future of UK football. Just really tired of the Joker bashing… I can understandn the Billy Clyde bashing but I don’t get the Joker crap… Like I said…let it go…

35. paducahfan
    7:53 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

schools should put in coaches’ contracts that during the buyout period they can veto subsequent employment.

36. catfan
    7:56 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Timmons will be a cat!!!!!!!!!!

37. Blueswade
    8:00 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Timmons….Kentucky will love you…..tOSU & UF will just sort of like you.

38. Blueswade
    8:02 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

……maybe.

39. Joe
    8:38 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Y’all are pathetic for sayin joker shouldn’t recruit this kid. He’s gone & we have a better coach let it go. Just doin his job. It sounds like a bunch of spoiled 13 year old brats. Waah! No one should recruit Timmons but us, waah. I hope we get Timmons bad but Gish dam act like you have some sense and perspective. Would you rather be in a recruiting battle with middle Tennessee & Miami of Ohio. Like I said above, pathetic!

40. Billy Bob
    8:39 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

Word on the Ohio State sites is that the Buckeye coaching staff is considering pulling Timmons offer. They have pulled in a large class with 3 receivers already. They might not have the scholarship room for him, because they are expecting another commitment from one of their higher priority targets.

41. bige
    9:03 pm January 31, 2013 Permalink

@RTimmons: I like it here so much @4thyearJuniorSpecialTeamsPlayerIfLuckyatUF

42. CatomicBomb
    7:54 am February 1, 2013 Permalink

29- I hear this a lot, especially on the show (well, before the hire). I don’t agree, IF Stoops gets this turned around and starts winning and showing that they are competitive, why not stick around? Regardless of UK FB past, UK is still a household name and if they start winning we will be mentioned everywhere in the media. Outside of leaving for places like LSU, Ohio State, Alabama ect. why wouldn’t he stick around? If getting paid and winning… he’ll get his recognition, i guess i just have my blue shades on but I hate hearing this statement for some reason.