Ryan Harrow worked out three times yesterday

We learned today that Ryan Harrow is at least one player on the team who is ready to fall in love with the gym.  Harrow told reporters this afternoon that he worked out three times yesterday: 7:00 a.m. conditioning with Rock Oliver;  team practice in the afternoon; and then he got up shots on his own late at night.  Harrow said he was in the gym from 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm working on his shooting.  He was back eight hours later for Friday morning’s conditioning.

It’s a good thing he’s doing it now, too.  Camp Cal is just right around the corner.

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Ryan Harrow worked out three times yesterday

1. kevowamo
    3:09 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Harrow should put in as much time with Rock as possible, and should also eat as much chicken as possible. needs to gain some lbs

2. Mad Monk
    3:12 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Anyone else hearing Trey Lyles could commit next week?

3. TAXman
    3:17 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

If there’s anyone we need more to become a gym rat and lead this team, i don’t know who it could be. put the work in ryan, the results will show it.

4. Pat On Back
    3:19 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

No do something worthwhile!

And, very surprised Strong did not make the trend watch. The archives indicate that the trend watch is not accurate…

5. Biglaw Dawgin'
    3:19 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

1 – agreed. That boy needs to be in the weight room. I’ve been there though, hard to pack on lbs when you’re 18.

6. MJ4UK
    3:19 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Kudos to Mr. Harrow…maybe his love with the gym will rub off on some of the other guys too!!

7. Back Door Man
    3:21 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

#1, I eat more chicken than a man ever seen…

8. Wolf
    3:35 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

#7, I eats mo’ chicken, any man seen

9. NotADietitian
    3:37 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Leave the skin on the chicken, and fry it in vegetable shortening in a well-loved cast iron skillet with some roasted red taters, green beans, and your favorite cornbread. MMMMMmmmmmmmmm…is it dinner time, yet?

10. Knuckle
    3:38 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Good for him. I hope he makes all the naysayers eat a big steamy pile of crow.

11. Basketball Junkie
    3:43 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

You men eat your dinner eat your pork and beans…

I eat more pink biscuits any man ever seen, yea right! Cause I’m a Kentucky fan!

12. JShep79
    3:58 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

I’ve got faith in harrow, kids gonna be good.

13. kentuckyjoe
    4:02 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

I’m with 12 and a lot of others here; RH is gonna be good. I personally think he’s ahead of where Marquis Teague was at this time last year and we know how that turned out. The sooner I see his name in the starting lineup the better I’m gonna feel.

14. Jack
    4:10 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Good for Harrow! embrace it young man!

15. [email protected]
    4:23 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Wow!!!MKG did this on a daily basis last year. harrow is a nut, I always wondered why NC State let him transfer,I think we all know the answer to that question now :-/

16. Back door men everywhere
    4:24 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Don’t forget to wipe yo chin when yo done eatin’!

17. Bradley
    4:30 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

2. Lots of chatter. Whenever he commits he’s coming here though. Sorry Hoosiers. 🙁

18. BallEater
    4:38 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

I wonder if and when he goes to class????

19. Catlogic15
    4:56 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

Gee, was anyone else in the gym with Ryan, shooting at night? Cal said that’s part of the problem. Where we’re you, Kyle?

20. tuggerman
    6:25 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

kinda silly story, so he went to required morning workour, required afternoon practice, then shot in the gym for 1 hr. Am I missing something?

21. Bigcat
    8:02 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

That’s what I’m saying #20 Tuggerman. I can go shoot for an hour before or after dinner, I these guys want to play PRO they need to be in their more. There’s stories of guys in the past getting the keys to the gym from the janitors and basically sleeping there. Two required practices and probably more like 30min of shooting around is not enough. Get off the cell phone and put down the Xbox.

22. j a brooks
    9:36 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

21) u do realize these kids are full time students also which means they’re spending a lot of time in class, getting to class, studying, tutor sessions, eating, and sleeping… not to mention any personal affairs. Throw that in with 2 a days and suddenly an extra hour is a big deal. Some of you are pathetic. You expect these kids to do a ton more than you could handle yourselves then shit on them when they actually do it because they aren’t doing it enough

How about “good job keep it up…”

Instead you act like the fans that made the kids quit their twitter.

Smh.

23. In Cal We Trust
    9:41 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

If Harrow does what Cal ask of him, he will be a much better player, and I bet that his voice will be deeper by the end of the season. I think they should show him tape of how he played against Teague from last year, to reinforce what he is capable of doing.

24. Big John
    10:08 pm December 7, 2012 Permalink

It’s time to revive the breakfast cats……..

25. Get it done Ryan
    12:47 am December 8, 2012 Permalink

Give this kid a sometime. He can play just lost his confidence a little. Let’s hope he get it going because we could be a good team with him. He has a lot of pressure on his thin shoulders. Knowing his role will be diminished next year while trying to live up to the players before him. Let’s hope he gets that he can only be Ryan Harrow not Wall, Rose, or any of Cals other PG.