Ryan Harrow: “It’s my fault. I apologize.”

photo

There are few things more depressing than the losing team’s locker room after the game. Tonight was no exception. Ryan Harrow was visibly emotional while speaking to reporters about Kentucky’s loss to Vanderbilt. After a 2-15 shooting night riddled with poor decisions, Harrow accepted the blame: “It’s my fault. I apologize. If we don’t make the tournament, I have to take responsibility.”

Harrow then broke down into tears and put a towel over his head for privacy.

Willie Cauley-Stein said that Ryan’s been dealing with that pressure all season: “Ryan has a lot of weight on his shoulders. For one, he’s playing point guard at the University of Kentucky. That in itself is big. Any mistake you make, you’re hounded for it, any shot you don’t take you’re hounded for it. Any miss…you know. It starts adding up pound by pound.

Tonight it was just too much.

116 Comments for Ryan Harrow: “It’s my fault. I apologize.”

1. Gavin S.
    10:08 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Poor kid. He’s in way over his head here and that’s not his fault.

2. Loyal Blue
    10:08 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Does he really care? Matt said he wasn’t coming back next year anyway.

3. MizzippiState
    10:09 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure Harrow is a good kid. He just doesn’t have the moxy to play here. The pressure is more than he can handle. You’ve got to have thick skin to play here. I’ve heard Cal say several times that this place isn’t for everyone. I think Harrow is a prime example of a kid with a lot of talent but very poor toughness. Maybe he will do well in a back up role next season.

4. harrow schmarrow
    10:09 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I agree!!!

5. Mike
    10:09 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Sorry Harrow…apology not accepted…u did this all year. I hope you have played your last game for us.

6. Good for you
    10:10 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Well said Ryan. I couldn’t agree more!!

7. Seriously
    10:10 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Good grief. What a sissy. Go home to mommy.

8. Mark Liptak
    10:10 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Physcially soft, mentally weak, that’s Ryan Harrow in a nutshell.

Mark Liptak

9. Rae
    10:10 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Nothing more uncomfortable for me as a female than to see a guy cry. Just terribly awkward. Maybe since I don’t cry all that much.

10. UKBIgDaddy
    10:11 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Then transfer!

11. Dr. Pheel
    10:11 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

He accepts that this team was his burden to carry.

And he had some horses.

He just didn’t know how to jockey.

12. Tubby
    10:11 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

When are the fans going to realize Cal can’t win with his own players. BCG’s guys were the glue that held last year’s team together.

13. Bird in Kentucky
    10:11 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I’m sorry but his lack of effort all year shows me he really don’t care. I don’t believe him at all.

14. Sam
    10:12 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Yeah much was his fault. However, poythress plays like a bitch. I am more disappointed in him!

15. Scott
    10:12 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Anyone on here do better? He’ still a kid. Albeit a talented Kid playing at UK.

16. Bdog
    10:13 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I hope harrow comes back. He could be a pretty good back up and we need depth. And how much you want to bet he didn’t mean to play bad.

17. Hey
    10:13 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Mike – You’re a DICK.

18. harrow schmarrow
    10:13 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Seriously, Cal has to take responsibility for this fiasco. There are some “basketball players” on this team, he just didn’t coach ’em up. I’m not a troll, I’m a HUGE UK fan, but I’m also a realist. I betcha Cal prays he gets Randle and/or Wiggins, then he’ll be a “great” coach again. Haha

19. Lil c
    10:14 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

It’s not just Harrows fault. I blame WILTJER,ARCHIE,POYTHRESS,MAYS, TOO!!!! Willy and Polson are the ONLY two kids on this whole damn team that plays with any heart and sense of urgency!!!

20. bosshog
    10:14 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Let me begin by saying that I’m very glad that I have a wife, kids and a very beautiful and full life to come home to tonight after this national embarrassment at the hands of a 15-16 Vanderbilt team. All the jokes made at the expense of Kevin Stallings will be on us tonight in one of the most miserable performances in the history of UK basketball. Actually it is quite difficult to think of a more insipid performance in our history. So, now it comes time to write the epitaph on this excruciatingly painful and uninspiring season. What to say? NIT bid? Please, no, decline it so that this team can be no more and so that Cal can go to Gethsemani and take a week or two to meditate and reflect upon how the all-access circus mentality has destroyed our ability to build a fundamentally sound, hungry and determined basketball team less than one-year after we dominated the sport….how the “players first I’d never want to offend an aspiring 5-star basketball recruit” has decimated a coaches ability to mold “ballers” into real basketball players and men who have balls and know what it takes to win….and what an honor and privilege it is to wear the blue and white….etc.etc.etc…I sincerely hope that this is the last basketball game we’ll ever see this group play…not because I hate these kids or want to see them fail…but because they’re not ready for this stage, they never were ready for it, and the circus into which they we’re thrown never gave them a chance….it is time to scrap that script, close out this year, and begin again next year with the business-THE SOLE BUSINESS-of learning how to become a team and win basketball games.

21. TNMomma
    10:14 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Hate to see a kid feeling like that. Have to agree with #1 – he’s in over his head. Playing point at KY is not for everyone. I just don’t think he’s ever felt comfortable in the role. It will be interesting to see if he stays.

22. Scott
    10:14 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

And Hood

23. Seriously
    10:15 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

15, my grandma could do better and she’s 90 and in a wheelchair.

24. Michael porter
    10:15 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Remember me? Do u want my caliber of a pg? No? Ok lay off Harrow he had huge shoes to fill but this doesn’t fall solely on him

25. Scott
    10:15 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

20 enough already. On every post?

26. Rae
    10:15 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

12. He didn’t have BCG’s guys in Memphis, and they had tournament success. This is just a terrible mix. You don’t have to be 22 to be tough. Harrow is older than Goodwin, and Archie, for all his dumb moves at times, has given effort. MKG had heart. This is just a case of guys basking in the glory of Cal’s previous teams.

27. Catsphan
    10:15 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Leave the kid alone. He had his ups and downs. 2013 just wasn’t our year. For God’s sake, we got #8 last year…don’t play into espn stereotypes

28. Scott
    10:16 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

23 too bad she has no eligibility left…….

29. dribble drive high five
    10:16 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

bosshog- I have successfully not read your long rant in any of the past 4 posts.

30. Doc
    10:16 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Only way not to fail is not get on the floor. Most people posting never played anything. I respect any man willing to shoulder a heavy load. Keep your chin up.

31. BIgTony
    10:17 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I thought BBN was a family? At the end of the day these are 18 and 19 year old kids so lay off of them. Bunch of fake grown ass immature fans gtf out of here please. I’d like to see y’all do something on the court

32. Scott
    10:17 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

30 thank you

33. Brandon
    10:17 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

#18 You are being ridiculous. Stop trolling and go root for your own team.

34. Hello
    10:17 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

17. No, try PRICK.

35. Mike is an asshat
    10:18 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Mike says “us”. I guarantee this inbred never spent a day or a dollar on UK campus. Your opinion doesn’t matter. UK can live without your annual 7.99 walmart tshirt investment # fairweatherdouchebag

36. Mike
    10:18 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

17. Hey…stop flattering and touching yourself…who really cares what u think?

37. mashburnfan1
    10:19 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

It is not his fault, what help did he have. Coaching staff did a very poor job this yuear. First putting this group together then not getting them better. This team is worse today than they were in game 2 vs Duke.

38. JoJoDancer
    10:19 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I’m the first to say that guard play is hurting the team.. But you gotta show some compassion for this kid. You can tell anybody its hard to play here, but nothing compares to actually having to play and having the glaring eyes of some of th BBN on your every move. DVR, rewind, play it again. Then they ridicule this guy on the internet for the whole world to see.. knowing they can’t hit a layup on a nerf goal. Ryan, keep your head up but you already know this isn’t the place for you. You were made out to be a great guard all last year without anyone ever seeing you play. Hard to live up to some peoples expectations….

39. bankshot
    10:20 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I see know benefit in Harrow coming back next year. Sometimes you just need to cut your losses and do something different.

40. trouljaboy
    10:20 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I hate 90% of the people commenting on this post.

41. Mike
    10:20 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

And to think Harrow even had a year to watch and prepare for us…NC State guys told us it wud be a mistake.

42. Kristen Geil's Abs
    10:20 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Mike, you are a little b1tch.

43. NKY_UK_fan
    10:21 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

1. Calipari had to know Harrow was soft during his transfer year practices.
    2. Why didn’t he recruit another PG? I assume there weren’t any available.
    3. How could Calipari not see the potential issues of Goodwin and Poythress while recruiting them?
    4. Was this year’s offense most beneficial to the players like years past?

That being said, bring on next year.

44. bosshog
    10:21 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

25,29-you guys can read?

45. UKBlue
    10:22 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

As Marlon Brando said in the Godfather (smack): You can’t act like a man. Go out and play like that & then cry about it; get this kid out of here! Our guard play is built on sand, and we’ve been in the middle of an earthquake all year.

46. 44 Stitches
    10:22 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I agree with Doc at #30 and BIgTony at #31.

47. Seriously
    10:22 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

He should have to apologize to every single fan who bought a ticket and watched that freakshow in person.

48. Casey
    10:22 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

classy picture here KSR

49. Wildcats One
    10:23 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

12. MKG was the primary one who led the team last year (ie. The Breakfast Club). Harrow was not the first choice for pg this year….Teague was. Harrow is not tough enough physically or mentally to handle the job….and at Kentucky, the game starts with the point guard. Lose Nerlens, and the team folded like a Big Lots lawn chair.

I just want this season to end personally. We will be dominate next year…..the Harrison twins are stone cold killers with cods made of cast iron. Get ready for some epic blowouts!

50. JoJoDancer
    10:23 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

#19 – Polson plays with a sense of urgency. Everytime he steps on the court, the other players urgently start driving to the goal scoring at will.

51. somervillain
    10:23 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I am as sad and disappointed as the rest of you, but what a bunch of jerks. This is our team. Show some respect, and don’t tell me they don’t respect the jersey. They want to win badly. They just haven’t been able to put it together and I’ll bet few of you have maximized your talents either. Be disappointed, but don’t be an a-hole.

52. JoJoDancer
    10:23 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I should say the other teams players…

53. Stop the Clock
    10:23 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Could you guys just post more pics of the hot blond bartender there? I would like to hear her fart through a walkie talkie. The End, KY BB. The End.

54. barn
    10:24 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

20//here’s an idea bosshog–why don’t you copy and paste your dumbass ramblings on every new post

55. LuvDaCats
    10:25 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Go Big Blue

56. Urokat
    10:25 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I think we’re all struggling with the fact that it’s hard to separate Harrow the PG from Harrow the PERSON, but the distinction needs to be made. Sure, his play is lacking, but can any of us say that we were the best at what we did when we were 18-20 yrs old? (Don’t answer that). He’s a good kid that has God-only-knows-what pressure on him and just doesn’t have what it takes to carry the burden. I wish him well, he’s tried his best I’m sure but just isn’t “UK basketball” good.

57. smith
    10:25 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

#12 – check the facts. the only BCG players last year were miller and hood. and i don’t think the games were won by them.

58. Seriously
    10:25 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

51, how can you say they want to win badly? Are you naive or just stupid. What team have you been watching all year?

59. Cucumbers give me gas
    10:26 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Ugh…the only thing that would make me feel better is if Louisville loses…and IU’s hotel catches on fire. Not that I want anyone to die, but maybe Tom Crean’s hair could burn a little…so he couldn’t part it in the middle.

60. DisappointedFan
    10:26 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

It’s not all his fault, our whole team didn’t play with heart or the will to win. 1 bad loss wouldn’t keep us out of the tournament, but the several we’ve had most likely will. Maybe we’ll get good news on the 20th? Anything exciting leading to the tournament that we won’t be playing in.

61. PPat
    10:26 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Real UK fans love you Harrow. Don’t let the fringe get you down. You gave it your all and left it on the court. Regardless of shooting percentage, you went for the basket which is what we asked for. Ignore th trolls, most are UL fans. TRUTH.

62. clap...clap...
    10:27 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Stay classy UK fans.

63. RealCatsFan
    10:27 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I feel bad for the kid, I really do. He has some tough decisions to make. Maybe he is just not cut out to lead a program of the magnitude of UK (like Saul Smith). There were certain coaches who couldn’t carry the load, and they were grown men, not kids like Ryan. Perhaps he will use it as fuel and come back stronger, but he will have some tough competition next year. Maybe he is better off at a lower profile program.

That being said, this is not ALL on him. There is plenty of blame to go around, extending all the way to the coaching staff. Wiltjer has disappointed over the past 5 or so games, and Alex didn’t show up either.

And lastly, we as UK fans need to learn to lose with grace and humility. We have to gove Vandy their props – they outplayed us, outhustled us, and were absolutely unconscious with their shooting. Sometimes that is hard to beat. That being said, I hope we absolutely destroy them next year.

64. Seriously
    10:27 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

59, one of those 2 will probably win the championship. It’s just been that kind of year.

65. Just Saying
    10:27 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Win as a team…lose as a team

66. Doc
    10:28 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Unless you personally could have played better, bbn should show some class and stop degrading these young men. I’m disheartened, but I’m healthy and my taxes are paid. Go big blue!!!!!

67. Mateotemprano
    10:29 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Lighten up. We are all disappointed, but you are talking about and to kids. I am embarrassed reading some of the comments here. Jesus, a bunch of old out of shape wannabes attacking kids on the Internet. Get a life.

68. Just Saying
    10:29 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Most of these posts are not from Kentucky fans…

69. Jake
    10:29 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I sure hope that most of these negative posts are truly fans of other schools trolling and enjoying themselves. Coach has done well every year but this one and it’s just an unfortunate mix of youth and personalities. Julius tried to provide so e leadership but he is just not tale Ted like Darius to back up his exhortations with on field performance. As has been pointed out, these are young kids. Sometimes being under enormous stress can mask how much effort they are putting in. And mental stress can drain physical performance. I can’t imagine any athlete at this level not having pride and wanting to succeed and pleas fans. But sometimes, all that shows externally masks inward feelings.

I can’t see any need to criticize Cal after the wonderful years he has had so far. I can’t fathom why supposedly grown en would be so stupidly harsh on you g kids who chose to come to UK. Fans – get some perspective five. Trolls – go away. This is temporary…

70. cadkfan
    10:31 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

these players could not improve during season because not enough talent on bench for 5 on 5 practice.cant take players out of game because 4 or 5 players on bench were even decent high school players.cal’s a great coach but thats his fault.

71. SeaCat
    10:31 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

OK guys, there is hope.
    WE will make the NCAA and win a couple of games!!!

72. London
    10:31 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

You’re either with Harrow or you’re not. With meaning your a true kentucky fan, without meaning your not. I’d Like to see ANY OF YOU EVEN ATTEMPT the task he had on hand. Trying to fill the shoes of John Wall, Brandon Knight, Eric Bledsoe and Marquis Teague on the most inexperienced Kentucky team with the smallest rotation since Cal arrived.

73. Don't Agree
    10:32 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

#51, I’m not going to be a jerk about it, but they did not show they wanted to win badly. A team that came out and played hard would have kept it close tonight. I’ll give Vandy props for playing hard but that is still a team we should have beat. Surely they knew going into the game they needed this win. The team that showed up tonight doesn’t deserve a bid. Give it to a mid major team that will be glad for the opportunity given.

74. Jacob
    10:32 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

No wonder this kid is crying look at these comments and see how much pressure you guys are putting on him.

75. Real talk
    10:32 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

It’s just like what Mel kilper says about draft picks. are you physically tough? Mentally tough? A type of kid that you can trust? None of Kentuckys players meets any of that criteria. Which is why they arent winning game.

76. dougm68
    10:32 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

NC State fans tried to tell us Harrow was a lost cause, we didn’t listen.

77. bluebiscuit
    10:33 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I feel for the kid. That’s the way I felt and the way I sounded in my first marriage. At least he didn’t have to live through THAT.

78. Eric K
    10:34 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

All you jackass on here bashing these young men, well just go away! BBN does NOT need fans like you! BBN,the true BBN is behind this team win of lose! GO CATS!!

79. The Great Cornhollio
    10:35 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Love you Ryan. Ignore the UL and IU trolls. Live and die as a team. Go Big Blue!!!

80. Garmaster
    10:36 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

At what point are you no longer a “kid”? He transferred after a year at NC State and sat out a year so he is at least 21. He’s old enough to vote, fight and die for his country, and buy booze. He’s been playing college ball for 3 years, you have to grow up and quit being a “kid” at some point. That part of this country’s problem these days. 25 year olds are still “kids” living at home with their Mommy.

81. bosshog
    10:36 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

54, you are so easy to annoy!

82. Wow
    10:37 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

It is not Harrow’s fault. Whoever recruited him 2 years to go has to take the majority of the blame. The ret of the blame has to go to the guy in charge of developing Harrow for 2 years. Cal should fire those guys. The only thing that Cal can be blamed for is not benching players when he should have.

83. G
    10:39 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Reading these comments after a UK loss makes you realize why Kentucky fans have such a bad reputation. Throwing 20 year old kids under the bus ain’t classy guys. Pathetic

84. SoutheastUKfan
    10:40 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Ryan is out of position. PG in this offense in this place has a lot to do with mentality. If he can accept his role and work hard this summer to improve, I hope he stays and gives us some quality depth. Poythress is where I truly question the effort. So many people would give everything in this world to have his body, skill set, and his Kentucky uniform to play in, and yet he rarely shows up. He’s my disappointment this year more than anything.

85. Geronimo
    10:42 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

77, that is hilarious-I here you! My old lady stepped out on me for another woman, and I put a bag over my head, so I can relate!

86. Pope Francis
    10:43 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Ignore the trolls. What is this? Apple vs Google? You have your own websites, stay the hell out of ours. Go Big Blue!!!

87. Michael
    10:43 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Nothing like the anonymity of the web to bring out the crazies. I think it is appropriate that Harrow feels bad, but this isn’t just on him. I wish him the best, and the team the best. Lord knows no further criticism will help at this point. Let’s leave him and the rest alone. Get your frustration out some other way.

88. London
    10:44 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

84. I second that because I would kill to have the skill set and athleticism that alex has. I would kill just to be in Polson’s position. That’s the one thing alex has failed to realize, how great of an opportunity he had/has.

89. Brett
    10:51 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Yeah harrow pretty much sucked it up all year ? He did this a lot yea he had big shoes to fill but if he can’t then don’t even come he shoulda just stayed at nc state! And a kid lol he is a junior he should know how to play division 1 basketball by now no excuses, he plays like a true freshman when he is our oldest starter besides mays

90. Point Guard U
    10:52 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

The common thread on all of Cal’s best teams over the year has been consistently great point guard play (Evans, Rose, Wall, and Knight). Teague was good enough given the supporting cast of Davis and MKG. But Ryan Harrow is a couple of notches below Teague and without Noel…well, what did we all really think was going to be the ultimate outcome? The key question for next year is whether or not WCS returns.

91. Brett
    10:53 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

12 by the way the only billy g kid that did anything last year was miller so please don’t act like you know something

92. Point Guard U
    10:55 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

This season’s fate was sealed almost a year ago when Shabazz decided to go to UCLA rather than Kentucky.

93. TeamFirst
    10:57 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Yes, it’s been a tough year to watch, but you all realize the way you shread these players on the internet for the world to see doesn’t do anything to help the team and only hurts the possible near future of the program. If you don’t think possible future recruits don’t visit this site occasionally, then you are sadly mistaken. If Wiggins or Randle stumble across this comment section to see the lack of fan support, then I wouldn’t blame them for going elsewhere. Talk all of the crap you want in your own living room to your friends, but don’t vent for all of the world to see on the internet and reinforce exactly what #83 is saying. Good grief.

94. 89
    10:57 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

You can’t even tell someone not to come because you know you would come here too given the opportunity. What would he have done at NC State? Nothing, coming hear may not look so good now but it was still a great decision by him.

95. ayo
    11:00 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

93. There will be no such negative fan support next year because the band wagoners have been flushed. Also we will be a lock for a 1 seed so that factors in too.

96. Aja
    11:22 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

Newtown parents will never see their kids again. This was a freaking ball game. Not end end of the world. Sun comes up tomorrow for everyone. Move on.

97. ==== The Truth ====
    11:28 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

==== Willie Frank-N-Stein, the Enigma unto himself …..

That’s it dunderhead back up your homie !

It’s a big load on you too pal ……. you’ve had ALL year to learn how to shoot free throws, bbbbbbuuuutttttt ……..
    you didn’t ……..

You had all year to improve catching the ball, or rebounding in traffic …. bbbbbbuuuuuutttttt, you didn’t !

Willhe had all year to get rid of the “headband”, the “are you kidding me…. compression sleeves, the knee pads,” etal. …..
    bbbbuuuuutttttt, HE DIDN’T !!!!!

Overall Willhe and his teammates just “didn’t” !

Coach Cal …….. has become just a wealthy celebrity, he “didn’t” teach you ……. he got just as sloppy as his team ….. I don’t OWN a tie !? bbbbbbuuuuuutttttt, my asistants do !!!!

Die hard UK fans know I speak the truth ……. no not the ones
    that dress like Elvis, or look like clowns … er’ willhe frank-n-stein !!!! ====

98. coldspringmike
    11:42 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

#92-been saying that since first game of year. Cal thought he had Shabazz in the bag, threw his whole year off, but still should have made adjustments.

99. bran
    11:45 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

A “point guard” who took 29% (15/52) of the shots?

100. Are we spoiled or what?
    11:53 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

I accept your apology, Ryan, but you shouldn’t have to apologize. This was a team loss, Head coach included! Layups and 3 pointers? No mid-range jumpers? Why did Cal go back to man to man when the zone was working so well? No, Ryan hasn’t been the best PG we’ve had in his first year of actually playing here and perhaps we’ve yet to see him at his best. But to think that we as fans of a collegiate team have the right to vilify a person who traveled from another state to play here simply because he had a bad game is going too far and simply pathetic behavior. That’s someone’s kid.

We’ve had 3 great seasons, a national championship and a winning season this year that was sub-par by our standards. What in the hell does everyone expect? And these are kids for God’s sake. Grow up! People!

Ryan! Come back next year. You’ll have more time to develop and be part of a deep team with a lot of weapons. Turn a negative into a positive. GO CATS!!!

101. MercerNary
    11:54 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

The point in which I was done with Harrow was the beginning of the season when he was off several weeks with an “illness” then later “family problems”. Cal even said that pulling that stunt negated his ability to be a leader. I feel like Cal, with no depth, had no choice but to start him after that but that incident ruined any team chemistry they would ever have. While this team is fighting in practice, against Maryland, against Duke he is at home crying about how hard it is.

102. Are we spoiled or what?
    11:58 pm March 15, 2013 Permalink

#97, the only truth I see is that you’re an a$$hole! I’m not even sure if you’re an actual UK fan. Other prospects read these posts, moron. If I were a player yours is one opinion I wouldn’t give a sh!t about.

103. Are we spoiled or what?
    12:05 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

101, I respect that opinion and would have to agree somewhat that unfortunately it probably was a big part of this team not coming together. But if that were the case the responsibility still falls on the head coach to police such destructive behavior and quarantine those types of players from the rest of the team. Not start them at PG. Because if you do who’s to blame for the outcome?

That’s why I don’t blame Ryan. He’s just a kid. He will hopefully grow stronger from this entire experience. That’s what we want for these players, isn’t it? That they grow and become better?

I’d like to see us just move in a positive direction and squash all of the blame game stuff. It’s toward our detriment as a program. GO CATS!!!

104. Brett'
    12:18 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Y’all are dumb Ryan harrow is a junior and was a star at nc state you have to be outta your mind to say he is a kid and needs development !!! It just shows he can’t play at. The level uk is point blank period! He knows how to play my god he is a junior and getting out played by freshman if he hasn’t developed by know then he just is retarded

105. J.C.
    1:51 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Brett, what are you talking about? Harrow wasn’t a star at NC State. He was a baby then too. He wrote letters to the NC State fans about some of their criticism and his stats didn’t suggest ‘star.’

106. Jay
    2:00 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Man I hate Vandy! they beat our team last year!(who were #8) Hate them much! As for crushing our players this year, understandable but some of you folks are just ridiculous! This team…is not awesome but you would think the friggin wheels have flown of the bus looking at some of these post! Losing Noel certainly didn’t help, but the pieces were not in place this year….we’ll be fine, it’s been really disappointing but calm the hell down!

107. Mark
    3:15 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

I feel for the kid. The pressure of playing point guard for John Calipari at Kentucky is to much for him. I like the kid, but it may be best for him to transfer again. I can’t believe we might end up in the NIT. Oh well. GO BIG BLUE!!!

108. Wildcatsteeler
    3:30 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

NO it’s not your fault alone Harrow. That’s why teams have a coach to sub in other guys when you’re not playing well. Polson should have played way more minutes and so should have Wiltjer. Never mind the effectiveness of the zone then him calling it off only to fall far behind again because of it.

109. CatSinceBirth
    5:17 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Sure, Harrow went 2-15, but other than possibly WCS, name one other player who played better. At least he did take it to the rack. Too much standing around, and these players just don’t seem to have high basketball IQ’s. I personally think we’re seeing the type coach Cal is when given mediocre talent. It might be okay if it were just the offense, but the defense is equally bad. I have never seen a team lose their man on on ball screens as much as this team. I’m afraid that if Cal doesn’t get the number one recruiting class every year, this is what we may have to become accustomed to. Think maybe some of what others have said about Cal’s coaching ability may have been proven right this year. You simply don’t regress this late in the season. This team is way worse than it was the first game of the year. My eyes are hurting, I’m putting my blue glasses back on.

110. Kittyfan
    7:04 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

It is okay. In the end it is just a game.

111. Big Blue Coming At You
    11:36 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

This team doesnt deserve to be in the ncaa tournament. Those blaming Cal are wrong. At some point the players have to step it up and they havent responded all year. These players are weak in every way. Harrow should have just stayed home when he left earlier in the season. Its apparent that he isnt strong enough mentally to play at this level. For those bashing the fans, we have been there all year with this team and this is how they play? They have played like crap all year long. They deserve what they are getting.

112. Rich
    4:09 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Ryan will be in a perfect situation next year coming off the bench backing up the Harrison twins. He will be the best backup point in the nation. We will be glad we have him. Less pressure on him.$

113. statman
    5:59 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

This was was NOT Harrow’s fault. Not by a long shot. If anything, it looked like him and WCS were the only two players who wanted to win last night. The others just laid egss.

114. Big O
    6:05 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Cal’ s bad for signing the player. This is big time college hoops. Far too many apologizes from Harrow this season. The answer: Harrison twin. If Harrow wants to see the court next season -transfer!!!!

115. bluegrassjimmy
    6:22 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Apology not accepted, this is Kentucky we get the job done, we do not apologize for failure!!!We don’t accept or settle for FAILURE!!!
    Don’t come here if you are not ready to work your ass off for a national champion crown!!!!

116. Courtney
    1:36 am March 17, 2013 Permalink

It must be so easy for some of you to post this nonsense.If any of you can do any better jump out there and do it.If you are not going to support this team then just shut up. I love them win,lose or draw!!!