Ryan Harrow asked Coach Cal for his starting spot back

After his teammates told him he needed to step it up in a players-only meeting, Ryan Harrow knew he had to get his starting job back.  That meant going up to Coach Cal and asking for it.

Harrow called his mom before asking Calipari because he was so nervous.  “My hands were sweating,” he said.

But the sophomore point guard found the courage to look his coach in the eyes and tell him he’s ready to perform.

“I think I grew up a little bit,” he said of their talk.

Let’s hope he keeps it up.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Ryan Harrow asked Coach Cal for his starting spot back

1. Cals right hand
    11:25 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

2. Ky_99
    11:27 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

We definitely saw a much more confident pg tonight! Lets hope it continues.

3. goukats
    11:28 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Ryan played very well tonight,and hopefully his game will get better and better for the remainder of the season.He certaintly has had an inordinate amountof pressure placed on him this year.

4. be-a-man
    11:40 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

He does need to grow up and not be such a mama’s boy. he can be as good as he wants to be, it’s all up to him- but he has to continue to play tougher. he needs to continue to play with this new found level of intensity. oh, and play smarter defense! at least he can feel like he left it all on the court tonight. good team win Cats!!

5. Hh
    11:40 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

He he! This is making fun of him right? You can’t be serious.

6. So_true
    11:43 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Very encouraging.

7. LansingCat
    11:43 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Nice! This shows Ryan WANTS it. And he proved it tonight.

8. Mark Liptak
    11:45 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Had to call his mom before talking with Cal. Interesting…and revealing. Do the words Alex Legion mean anything.

Mark Liptak

9. Dr. Funke
    11:55 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Harrow has “grown up a little bit” like 8 times this season… Still, its good to see him take bull by the horns. That takes some balls. Loved the way he played tonight, he has some skills.

10. Kenny
    12:03 am February 21, 2013 Permalink

I think that was mature move by Harrow.
    Very proud of him.
    As a old 44 yr old, what’s the deal with someone posting , First?
    Why?
    Do you not have any other accomplishments in your life?

11. Number 8
    12:27 am February 21, 2013 Permalink

Don’t sign your posts it makes you look like a tool.

12. Culver
    12:58 am February 21, 2013 Permalink

Harrow is as soft as they come, and he has an attitude of “I’m better than you”. Funny thing is, he’s not that good. I honestly can’t stand the young man/kid. I hope he transfers out after the Harrison twins arrive. I think at least when they take a bump, or land and get a ‘boo boo’, they won’t roll around on the floor in FAKE agony! That crap is freaking embarrassing!

13. number12
    6:15 am February 21, 2013 Permalink

You’re a joke. Stfu

14. Bobby Knight's Shrink
    6:40 am February 21, 2013 Permalink

You guys will not believe what I am about to tell you, but it is a “lasting impression” of last year’s Blue-White scrimmage, you know, the one featuring Davis, MKG, Jones, et al. The player that I left that scrimmage most impressed with…..yep….Ryan Harrow !! Let’s hope that he now begins to show a “glimpse” of the player that I remember seeing that night !!

15. UKBlue
    6:43 am February 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m sorry, but this story is ridiculous. Not that they would have lost it in the first place; would Wall, Bledsoe, Knight, or Teague been scared to ask for their jobs back? Plus, he called his Mom before he did it. The staff needs to take Ryan over to UK hospital & see why his balls haven’t dropped yet.

16. Catlogic15
    6:51 am February 21, 2013 Permalink

#14. You must have been drunk.

17. sdcro
    7:33 am February 21, 2013 Permalink

stay confident and motivated Harrow! gg!