Rupp Arena Was Slightly Excited About Last Night’s Game

And second.

2. jimmy dinklewinker
    10:57 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

Dinklewinker for life

3. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    10:58 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

I’m not sure that was Rupp…..I didn’t see any old people in the first 10 rows of the lower section.

4. The Ghost of Adolph Rupp
    11:15 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

They did not have the game on where I was at, did anyone put the game on youtube or archived somewhere?

5. Mr Schwump
    11:17 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

Selfish play=Having your ass handed to you.

6. The Office
    11:23 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

5) Exhibition….get over it.

7. 3 & 4 year guy
    11:31 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

It really pisses me off that we didn’t see Mohamed, Prince, Rondo, Meeks and Bogans on the court for 5 or 6 minutes. The Cal boys were partying it up in Vegas for Boogie’s birthday the night before and were obviously not taking the game seriously (their selfish/showboating play was deplorable). It’s too bad that Cousins still acts like a thug. His attitude will keep him from reaching his potential. The other five guys will always have more of a place in my heart because (I feel) they understand/care about what UK ball means to most of us. I just can’t understand why coach Hall and Crum didn’t try the ‘mature’ players out for several minutes. I think the game could have been won by going inside with Rondo, outside with Prince and everything in-between using the other guys.

8. Slick Willie
    11:48 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

5 & 7. Either you guys are stupid or trying to stir up trouble.

9. Odd Man Out!
    11:49 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

Summer series like this should be a standard pratice now…get some of the NBA guys, pair them off with some of the guys who didn’t go the NBA route and have a good game in the middle of August every year!!

10. UKfanNKY
    11:57 am August 16, 2011 Permalink

#7 want some cheese with that wine(whine) ……………………..get over it dude it was for fun!!!! As for Boogie, explain to me (us) what makes him a thug?? Have you met the Man??

11. Brentton Akers
    12:02 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

#7 Besides Garcia is a a teammate of his. He was messing with him!

12. Shut up
    12:03 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

#7 must have been the guy that was sitting behind me last night

13. Bubba
    12:17 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

Bubba

14. BigNick
    12:42 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

Wish our crowd sounded like that during the season.

15. JDubbs1983
    12:50 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

Sad to see that Rupp will never be that “loud” again especially for a regular season game when it counts the most. Somebody should have had a decible recorder in there to catch the sound levels. Dang it I forgot my Iphone has an app for that. LOL. Seriously though when will the “usual” Rupp crowd (blue hairs) learn that the players feed off of the loud atmosphere? I’d just like to challenge the older crowd in the lower arena for one game to stand up and cheer their lungs out and see if it doesnt make a difference. If that whole arena was that loud for a regular SEC game you couldn’t imagine the impact it would have on the players performance it would be a sight to see.

16. bung
    1:13 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

Thanks for the clips you have been providing. I was only able to watch part of the second half.

17. Jeff Shepherd
    1:17 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

Loudest video ever played on my computer. I nearly shat myself.

18. arlie
    1:28 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

That was so great to see the guys come home, and the way UK fans support our players is awesome. An exciting exhibition that exceeded my expectations. By the way, the Blue hairs were there, in different seats, expressing their support as they have done their entire lives. I hope some of the younger people manage to get season tickets and hope they still support the team when they get old. As a percentage of the crowd, the occasional lack of noise would have to come from the cheap seats.

19. Bubba
    1:50 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

How did everyone look?

20. mj44
    2:56 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

It was so great to welcome the players home last night–would not have missed it for the world. As a ‘blue hair’ I resent the assumption that we don’t cheer and don’t bleed blue. Let me share with all you–someday you will all be a ‘blue hair’ so lighten up 🙂 and find some other group to vent upon.

21. HallsHeroes
    3:44 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

comment?

22. LW
    4:51 pm August 16, 2011 Permalink

This should be Cal’s new recruiting video. Play it, and say “Oh, that was just a scrimmage” #BBN