Roy Williams and Bill Self to visit Wiggins next week

Wiggins-3goggles

The last minute pleas for Andrew Wiggins’ services continue. Wiggins will receive visits from UNC’s Roy Williams and Kansas’ Bill Self next Monday and Tuesday, respectively. Rob Fulford, Wiggins’ high school coach, confirmed the news to Zags Blog this morning. Williams’ visit has been scheduled for a while. Cal delivered his final pitch to Wiggins in person on March 28th.

In case you’ve been in a coma the last six months, the number one player in the 2013 class is down to Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, and Florida State. He’s currently in Portland, Oregon for the Nike Hoop Summit, where he is rooming with 2014 UK commit Karl Towns. I hope they’re having long talks about how awesome the Wildcat Coal Lodge is over those video games.

Odds Roy brings out his box of 31 rings to impress Wiggins?

43 Comments for Roy Williams and Bill Self to visit Wiggins next week

1. Mike
    10:35 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

You know those boys are going to ask “why in the world would u want to go there to compete for PT?”

2. Musehobo
    10:35 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

We saw this with Maryland (I think the Harrison Twins). When a coach schedules a visit at this point, it is most likely a last ditch effort. This is very good news for us. BUT, is still could be FSU. I have said since his “greatest team ever” statement, that I think he’s coming yo UK (my lowly opinion only), and I think his recent statements on the “biggest factors that will affect his decision” only further that. I believe he’s going to be a Cat.

3. Smart Person
    10:35 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins to Uk…. I used to guess people age, weight, and birth month game at six flags, my predictive ability is unmatched.

4. CATS
    10:37 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

They can try to sale UNC and KU. UK sales itself its everywhere Wiggins turns he has to have built a relationship with the incoming class just hope its a good one and he wants to play with the best.

5. dougm
    10:37 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Looks like those other coaches really want that one and done. Interesting.

6. BA
    10:44 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Well…#3 sold me.
    The guys/gals that operate those age/weight/date games have powers that we common folk don’t understand.

7. None Ya
    10:48 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

It really gets down to how strong of a draw FSU is and how badly he wants to win a National Championship. If you look at Rivals’ final rankings, UNC and Kansas each have one player coming in from the top 20 (and they are both outside the top 10). FSU has NONE. UK? We all know it’s 6. There is no reason to pick UNC or Kansas over UK unless he’s worried about playing time (pause for laughter). It’s gotta be FSU or UK.

8. JustSayin
    10:48 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

I agree that this is good news for us. A last ditch effort to change his mind from his earlier call in which he committed to UK. I’m sure Cal has told AW to call him after each visit so that he can nullify any ground they may have made up. At this point I just hope it is truly AW decision and not one or both of the parents.

9. bluegrass79
    10:51 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Please people Wiggins is going to UNC OR KANSAS. Give up on Wiggins or your going to be mighty upset in couple weeks. Dude wouldve commited to Kentucky by now if he wanted to be here. 95% chance he doesnt come to UK.

10. KnowItAll
    10:54 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

9 – 95% chance huh? Well 97.32175% of all statistics are made up on the spot. I say 99.3697214% chance he comes to UK.

11. Bryan in Houston
    10:54 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

I agree with the sentiments that these are last ditch efforts to sway him. They probably got word he’s making his decision soon and know they are on the outside looking in. FSU or UK is the answer.

12. Bryan
    10:55 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

The fact that Leonard Hamilton is the only one to not visit him this late in the game kind of scares me

13. Oogie
    10:55 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Ender has got be so sick of this groveling! What else does he need to know to make his decision?

14. King Kelly Coleman
    10:59 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins found out all he needed to know to make his decision when Nerlens announced he was entering the draft.

15. he ain't cumming
    11:14 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

I wish he was, but he ain’t. If he was, he would have already said

16. Alamo_CatFan
    11:16 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

15 – I seem to remember a guy named John Wall committed to Kentucky, in May. Your logic is flawed.

17. J in Orlando
    11:18 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins to UK is happening…he has known it for awhile…the rest is just creating a buzz around his recruitment

18. Alamo_CatFan
    11:18 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

15 – Make that late May – 19th to be exact. We could be looking at another month of waiting and it means nothing in terms of where’s he’s leaning.

19. Wall2Cousins
    11:22 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Obviously he is coming to UK….this why both coaches are TRYING to make a last ditch effort to break out the checkbook and see how much it would take to buy him out of Lexington…Wiggins to UK as of TODAY!!!

20. Dutch says!
    11:26 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins wants to go where he can get all the attention! He is not and never will be a team player! He’s a media whore plain and simple! Good luck Wiggins! I’m sure that nomatter where you go that someone will kiss your ass!

21. greg
    11:32 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

he needs to just announce and end the suspense, he couldn’t really be undecided at this point. I think he knows where he wants to go, what further information could possibly be gathered at this point?

22. Return to Amsterdam Now!
    11:34 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Listen #20. Where do you get this not a team player stuff? What is that based on?

23. Dutch
    11:35 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

I’m a troll.

24. Chicago Chris
    11:38 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

I love all the people declaring that he’s not coming here… so they’ll get some sense of satisfaction IF he doesn’t. If he does, they’ll be happy. Just hedging their bets.

25. Tom "there are bodies in my backyard and kids locked in my basement" Crean
    11:39 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

I still think it would have been awesome, and the best commit ever, if he put a UK sticker on the backboard during a dunk at the McD’s dunk contest.

26. j
    11:44 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

I agree that after reading this its between us and florida st.. it does kind of worry me that florida sts coach said he had no plans of talking to him again.. that means either he has told them he is coming there or he’s not.. but i will take cal over hamilton when it comes to landing a recruit.. still think cal had this in the bag when his parents and huntington prep family sat down with cal on his official visit..

27. 20=UL troll.

28. Daggum Roy
    11:47 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

Son, I like simple. Let me put it in simple terms. Here’s my box of rings and here’s a voucher for a lifetime supply of Coke-Co’lers.

29. Lcat
    11:59 am April 16, 2013 Permalink

He is a “Tar Heel”. MJ has already made a 1M dollar donation to an offshore account and AW already has attended MJ’s sleep over in Chapel Hill. Its over for UK. We do not need him anyway

30. GettinWiggywitit
    12:25 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

If AW really is gathering info on schools at this point then he and Fulford are idiots. I think the kid is athletically phenomenal but no one deserves this much attention. He can dunk, and spot up shoot threes, and has a spin move or his right shoulder. He has a long way to go before he should mentioned with other greats.

31. ajh
    12:27 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

#30 – He does have to prove it on the court at the next level, but I’m betting he does. On another note, his potential is out of this world. LBJ like

32. Susan
    12:36 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

So if the coaches are visiting him NEXT WEEK, I take it no one expects an announcement during the Nike Hoops Summit this weekend.

33. Jughead
    12:51 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

I have never heard of the guy.

34. catlogic15
    12:53 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Cal met with him a couple weeks ago, now these two back to back.

I believe Andrew is going to tell them both, “Thanks, but no thanks”.

35. H.A. Milton
    1:08 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Alot of UNC fans talking about how Bullock leaving opens up a spot for Wiggins to start…they obviously don’t even know who this kid is. There is no player in college basketball taking a starting spot from Andrew Wiggins. Definitely gotta be, ‘thanks but no thanks’ for the other two blue bloods. Thanks for helping his parents consider and compare elite programs to FSU so it wasn’t just ‘Big Bad UK’. Gotta feel good about UK’s chances, but if its not Big Blue, its FSU, which just means we don’t have to worry about him getting in the way of #9!

36. Bottom Line
    1:13 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

His handlers will ship him to the highest bidder. So, whoever gets his sevices will be the biggest cheater of the bunch.

37. bosshogg24
    1:23 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

This is a last ditch desperation effort to try to pry Wiggins away from UK and Calipari!

38. bosshogg24
    1:26 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Bottom Line, there will be no cheating! The one person in all college basketball that doesn’t have to cheat is Calipari! The coaches and teams that can’t compete are the ones that try to cheat!

39. H.A. Milton
    1:26 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins meeting with FSU on Weds…its the ‘thanks but no thanks’ tour!

40. Jughead
    1:37 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Mama’s boy will end up a miserable Seminole. But, he’ll still go 1st in the draft.

41. shannon
    2:13 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Remember the ally oop pass Wiggins to Randle last week at the Jordan. Thats what it will look like all next year if Wiggins comes. Well, you’ll also see Randle to Wiggins too.

42. Dutch
    5:02 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

I think Self and Williams will have their own knee pads on while visiting with Wiggins! Whoever keeps from choking will get him!

43. Bleed Blue
    5:37 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

I have been saying for weeks now that he was coming to UK. I am now ready to say he is 100% ours. The first clue is Karl Towns being his roommate. At the Nike Hoop Summit the players choose who they want to room with and Wiggins chose KT. That is the largest clue plus some things went on at the JBC that sealed the deal. If these coaches weren’t making a last ditch effort he would commit early next week but now it seems it won’t happen till the end of next week or maybe the week after.