Rod Strickland won’t be part of Larry Brown’s staff

Good news for all you Rod Strickland groupies out there: according to Jon Rothstein, it doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere.

25 Comments for Rod Strickland won’t be part of Larry Brown’s staff

1. Walden Schmidt
    10:54 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

I guess that I need glasses. I am seeing a basketball with the word F_CK on it.

2. dave
    11:00 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Bennett and his mother, in separate interviews, mentioned Kentucky first when talking of Anthony’s options, although they’re not offering many other clues about his impending decision.

“I like Calipari,” Edith said. “I like how he talks. He just puts it out on the table and tells you how it is.”

She also likes the opportunity ahead of her son. Edith said she wants Anthony to graduate from the college he selects.

If he leaves early for professional basketball, the coaches told her that he could return for his degree. Anthony promised he would do it.

3. Jake Harper
    11:00 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

No, man I see it too!
    But glad Coach Strickland is staying, if it was his decision and he’s happy with it.

4. dave
    11:00 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

^^from ESPN^^

5. CatfaninAtlanta
    11:02 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Sorry guys, it says the ROCK….pretty sure its an Adidas basketball

6. amirite
    11:02 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

well if you’re seeing a ball with F_CK on it, and I’m seeing one with FU_K on it, then…

7. 2020
    11:03 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Coach Strickland and Coach Antigua are not underappreciated by BBN, but they don’t get their fair share of outspoken appreciation. Their contributions to the program over the last 3+ seasons have been immeasurable.

8. kywildcat
    11:08 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

yeah what 7 said.

9. Appreciative Fan
    11:09 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

I appreciate all of our assistant coaches and the hard work they have put in. I think it is great for our program to keep Strickland on board and hope he can help bring us 9.

10. David O
    11:15 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

So glad to hear Coach Strickland is staying! He’s more than a coach to these guys, he connects with them on a personal level as well. When these guys thank their teammates and coaches, they are always quick to mention coach Strickland

11. ice
    11:23 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

1/6: I am just laughing my ass off. If the ball doesn’t say f-uck I feel that someone needs to manufacture them. Its just an awesome thing to put on a ball.

12. Mkgistebow
    11:44 pm April 24, 2012 Permalink

Strick is invaluable, this is the best news I’ve heard all week. He is the most relative, real, relational assistant we have on staff and players at all levels respect him within minutes of meeting him. I love u man (despite your fondness for cognac).

13. jimmer
    12:09 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

pumped he’s staying, great news

14. Burger
    12:15 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

Strickland is legendary…

From his days in the NBA to his time on our bench.

15. kjandkajsnd
    12:27 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

it says THE ROCK. but i was questioning it too 🙂

16. Cam'ron
    12:32 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

get em

17. Viren
    1:53 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

I am glad Rod Strickland is staying with the Cats. I think we have awesome group of coaches and mentors. Like they said, if ain’t broken, don’t fix it. I do not want the chemistry between coaches and players to dissolve. I know Billy Donovan lost many of his core assistant coaches who left for head coaching jobs and even though they are doing well in the big dance they have not gotten past elite eight, since their title run.

18. CATNTN
    7:08 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

It may say ‘The ROCK’. But there is no FU in ROCK!

19. catman
    8:22 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

Great news for UK. Coach Rod is a valuable piece to the development of our guards. Great players coach….glad you’re staying Coach!!!

20. lane taylor
    8:33 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

the ball says the ROCK, its a brand of adidas basketballs.

21. sos
    8:35 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

Who reported him leaving in the first place? KSR

22. SeoulCat
    9:15 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

Looks like Billy Ripken got ahold of Coach Strickland’s basketball.
    What a f*%#face. Don’t tell the people at Fleer.

23. CatomicBomb
    9:23 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

I know that the ball is suppose to say “The Rock”, but it really doesn’t appear to. Maybe it’s just a really well placed flash bulb? Funny none-the-less.

Glad he’s staying though, hope he is as well.

24. LucaBrazzi
    10:59 am April 25, 2012 Permalink

Is it coincidence that this pic follows an article about Al Pacino as the Godfather. Glad Rod is staying.

25. Seymour
    11:01 am April 26, 2012 Permalink

Get your minds out of the gutter.