Robert Morris, Here We Come

Hopefully, the NIT will produce some moments like this, if anything

Well, now that UK isn’t vying for a National Title anymore, the next best thing is a road game on Tuesday night at THE Robert Morris University right? Right. The Wildcats will face the Northeast Conference regular season champions Tuesday night, heading to Pennsylvania to take on the Robert Morris Colonials. Since Rupp Arena will be occupied for the NCAA Tournament, the Wildcats will be making the trek up to John Calipari’s motherland of Moon Township, Pennsylvania in the first round of the NIT. Here is everything you will ever need to know about Robert Morris until Wednesday, at which point its completely okay to forget all of it.

ROBERT MORRIS:

THE Robert Morris was born in England in 1734, but eventually became one of America’s first heroes as his signature graced some of the most important documents in America’s history such as the Articles of Confederation, the Declaration of Independence, and the U.S. Constitution. He eventually became a Senator for the state of Pennsylvania, and was the Superintendent of Finance for the blossoming country, but after an economic downturn in the late 1700’s he went bankrupt and spent a few years in debtor’s prison before dying in 1806. Little known fact, but based on the picture above, he also pioneered the “flowing cul de sac” hairstyle.

ROBERT MORRIS UNIVERSITY:

The artist formerly known as the Pittsburgh School of Accountancy opened its doors in 1921 in the suburb of Moon Township, Pennsylvania, also known as the hometown of one John Vincent Calipari. How convenient. I know you don’t really care about Robert Morris, but this little nugget of information can’t be passed on. In 2011, RMU bought the nearby Holiday Inn due to a need for student housing and is now operating as both student living, and a hotel as they transition into a student-only facility. “Did you study for your Calc exam today?” “Nope, but I do stay at a Holiday Inn Express EVERY NIGHT.”

ROBERT MORRIS BASKETBALL:

The Colonials are led by the youngest coach in Division I basketball in Andrew Toole, who at 29, is in his 3rd year on the job after Mike Rice left for Rutgers in 2010. The Colonials were the regular season champions of the Northeast Conference with a 14-4 record, and a 23-10 overall mark. Due to their regular season title, the Colonials were granted an auto bid to the NIT but missed out on the tournament after taking an awful upset loss to Mount St. Mary’s, 69-60 in the semifinals of their conference tournament. One thing that the Colonial basketball team has in common with Kentucky? They both lost at Arkansas this season, although depressingly, the Colonials kept it closer, only losing 79-74. Junior Karvel Anderson is the team’s leading scorer this season, averaging 12.7PPG and shooting an outstanding 44% from 3PT range after transferring from Glenn Oaks Community College this past season. Robert Morris’ shining moment in college basketball was nearly upsetting 2nd-seeded Villanova in the 2010 Tournament, taking the Wildcats to Overtime before eventually falling, 73-70.

CHARLES L. SEWALL CENTER:

Yeah, this is where Kentucky will be playing the opening round of the NIT at this year. The Sewall Center seats a whopping 3,056 people, all of those seats I assume will be filled come Tuesday night. This will be the biggest game to ever be played in Moon Township, based on no research whatsoever, but it’s hard to imagine that Robert Morris has played a bigger home game in the history of their program. Hopefully, the Wildcats will be able to overcome their recent road woes and quiet what I’m sure will be fairly amped up Colonial crowd, even if it is a school night.

Article written by Will Totten

Born in Indiana and raised in Louisville, I am the unlikeliest UK fan.

101 Comments for Robert Morris, Here We Come

1. BravoBigBlue
    10:03 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

The only way this season could be any worse is if the Cats LOSE TO ROBERT MORRIS IN THE NIT. I don’t think this team deserves to make the NIT.

2. Heart ache
    10:04 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Lets hope we don’t make it to memorial this team or cal doesn’t deserve to step foot on that floor

3. Dr. Wildcat
    10:05 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

So this ENTIRE SEASON was one big ruse by John Calipari to play a game in his hometown!?!?! He is quite the mastermind.

4. Why
    10:05 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Worse is if the gt blown out

5. Ukalum
    10:08 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Win, or lose this game or the whole nit no one cares. Let these players quit and let’s get some real ballers

6. Blah
    10:09 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I would rather watch a rerun of doomsday preppers or duck dynasty than waste my time watching these “superstars”

7. Laker Cat 18
    10:10 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Well all the events of today should make for an interesting week for the KSR show. Will the focus be on Louisville, Indiana, Duke, and Florida not winning the NCAA or will it be on UK’s run in the NIT? It’ll be difficult to listen this week that’s for sure.

8. Sizeable Brtiches
    10:10 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Has anyone notice that Jones hasn’t offered a substantive post in days? Probably still too focused on tennis. Or, perhaps he has become a bit to large for my name. This is where your bread is buttered, Jones. can’t believe you are letting us suffer through this misery without your erudite insights.

9. Ukalum
    10:12 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

The NIT meant something 30 yrs ago. A NIT Championship won’t even matter or be remembered in a year so why even accept this bid? So the players get better? Almost all of them will be gone in two months or be on the bench next year while the good players play for a title.

10. gocats32
    10:12 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

i read that the decision to play in the nit is made at the start of the season.. who in the @#%## would think we would want to play in it if we don’t make the ncaa?? from now on i hope the decision is made ahead of time to never play in this again, talk about embarassing.

11. EastCoastCat
    10:13 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I know our natural inclination as fans is to be sad and disappointed but remember, it’s not *your* fault. *You* actually gave a sh*t!

12. AMIRITE
    10:15 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

IS THIS ROBBIE MORTENS SUPER BOWL?1?111

13. TrueBlue
    10:17 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Serious question- does anybody think the UK not making the NCAA tourney could sway a last minute change of heart from Julius Randle if he was thinking of going here and maybe push him toward Kansas?

14. Ukalum
    10:17 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

This team didn’t care about the game against georgia, Vandy, or Texas a&m. So why should I care about the game against Robert Morris.

15. Brink
    10:17 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I really wish all of you whiners, and haters would just go die!! There are at least 10 teams that should not be in the NCAA ahead of UK. So what we are going to the NIT they are still our team.

16. Rixter
    10:18 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Those of you who say you won’t watch, or don’t care, fine. But don’t come back in October and call yourself a fan. You’re a fair weather fan, nothing more.

17. bosshog
    10:19 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if ESPN will be interested in doing an NIT All-Access special with us?

18. Karma
    10:19 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!! This is awesome!!!

19. Brink
    10:20 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

13 Why would he care. He won’t be on this team. He will be on next years team.

20. Ukalum
    10:21 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Rixter,
    It’s not being a fair weather fan if you don’t want to watch a bunch of players who won’t even be here next year lose to second rate teams

21. Rixter
    10:21 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I”ll gladly (and proudly) take an NCAA Championship every other year, and an NIT appearance in the other years.

22. adam
    10:21 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Some fans make me feel ashamed to be a UK fan whine and cry because we dint make the tourney lol we won a championship last year lost 6 players to NBA draft and 5 new starters this year won 20+ games big deal show some true support and help this team through the NIT I’m just happy to see them play more games guess I’m just a true fan!

23. Laker Cat 18
    10:22 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

15. Name them. Maybe 2 or 3, but not ten. LaSalle and Middle Tennessee State are about the only two from what I’ve seen. The rest earned their trip. I’ll bleed blue til I die, but this team really didn’t deserve it. With the lack of heart our guys seem to have, I doubt we’ll make it to MSG for the NIT final 4.

24. Rixter
    10:22 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Yeah,, it is. That’s exactly what a fair-weather fan is. You only support them when they win

25. Jerk
    10:22 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

They should get off cheap for T shirt night, 3000 seats,what a joke. It’s like the NCAA pre planed all this, just no way it just happens like this. They hate cal, he won’t keep his mouth shut. To big for his britches I guess!

26. Wild Blue
    10:24 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Ally, looks like you and Will got the bloggers worst day on the KSR site. Thanks for trying to keep us informed and putting as positive spin on things as possible.

27. Brink
    10:24 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

23 How about Minnesota?? 20-12 8-10 in the big 10?? Why did Mizzou deserve to be in over us??

28. done till October
    10:24 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

16- I spent my hard earned money and burnt two vacation days to go the the SEC tourney. I packed my weight. This team didn’t . So don’t lecture me on being a fair weather fan.

29. Time to Rethink the Recruiting Strategy...?
    10:24 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is all of the teams that are consistently back…even U of L. Would I trade an NCAA Championship for an NTI berth? I guess I have. But when we see the productive senior classes on Kansas, Louisville, Indiana, Duke…makes me wonder if Calipari will rethink his recruiting strategy. If we’re guaranteed most everyone in our classes will be One and Done (except for a Wiltjer who plays in slow motion), will this be good enough for Big Blue Nation?

30. Rixter
    10:25 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

24, North Carolina’s record against the tournament field is 2 – 8, and they got a 9 seed. Tell me that’s right.

31. oldschool
    10:26 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I predict UK will win big at Robert Morris. Most of our super-star freshmen play their best ball in high school gyms. They will feel much more in their element in front of 3,000.

Cal finally gets it!

32. Heart ache
    10:26 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Who care about the so called best players in high school.See what it did for us with this group of super stars. They should play this game without Kentucky uniforms. Coaching staff x card clown player, just for men reject

33. Ukalum
    10:26 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Rixter,
    I support them when they play like they care, win lose or nit. This team doesn’t play good fundamental basketball because they quit. So I’m quitting them in favor of the next set of players that will play with heart not just to cash in after sucking for a whole season.

34. Jerk
    10:27 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Don’t know what these morons are talking about fair weather fans, it’s not about winning and losing, it’s about effort, plain and simple effort, witch they have none. No pride in Kentucky basketball, not tradition but greed. NBA check and that’s it!

35. WorldWideWesson
    10:27 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Clearly “Cal is a cheater”, says no one right now. Funny how that argument has gone away. If we had Harrow and Noel from beginning to end, the outcome would no doubt be different. Here’s looking at an NIT championship and healthy season next year. Let’s drop the bandwagon fans off in Bloomington. GO CATS!!!!!

36. Jimmy
    10:27 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

#13 – I’ve asked myself and a couple of buddies a question sort of on those lines – does this start to be the downfall of recruiting? Will recruits start to see us as weaker and not be itching to come here.

37. rgc
    10:27 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I agree there are a bunch of fair weather fans, Coach K, Dean Smith Roy Williams and other Coaches have missed the touney before, I don’t want to watch the NIT but UK is my team and always will be a terrible season but it happens let’s support our team and move on. Next years team better be ready Coach Cal won’t be easy on them.

38. Offseason
    10:28 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Not worried about this affecting Randle’s decision, but would like an update. His announcement on 3/20 is the next relevant date on UK’s calendar.

39. Rixter
    10:29 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

If you went to the SEC tourney, then you’re obviously not a fair weather fan. I’m talking about these whiney-asses who have criticized all year, and now say they don’t care about the team in the NIT.

40. Blah
    10:29 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

@ 16. I can say whatever I want about this team or any other kentucky team. I’m a graduate and season ticket holder. These kids didn’t give a damn all season except for maybe 2 of them and they used Noel’s injury as an excuse for being to scared to step up.

41. Rixter
    10:30 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Well said, RGC

42. bosshog
    10:31 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

29, I sure hope that he does to some extent. I think that this is part of the Dominique Hawkins recruitment, which I hope succeeds because we need to develop guys like him. As great a recruiter as Cal is I think it would be wise to focus on getting 2-3 5 stars per year and 3-4 solid four stars to develop. Wiltjer was a valuable player on a team where he could simply be a spot-up shooter, and that is the kind of role he could play for two more years.

43. Ukalum
    10:31 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Go Hoosiers!!! Let’s win this thing! My sister said she’d show me how to “French” kiss if we win… Oops, wrong message board!

44. harding lindane
    10:32 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Maybe All Access Dodgeball to get ready for the Robbies?

45. Rixter
    10:32 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Congratulations, Blah. I’m impressed

46. Rixter
    10:34 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

43) Not everyone that says this team sucked ass is an IU fan, Bloomington can burn for what I care. I want the next set of recruits to get here and play actual basketball

47. Joe Z.
    10:34 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

5 & 6.. “No one cares” and ” waste my time watching”..what type of fans are you? Yea I’m just as disappointed as anyone and I’ve dont my share of complaining this season, but I’ll still watch and I still care. Do the real BBN a favor, now that you’ve jumped off the bandwagon..stay off. Go Cats!

48. Jerk
    10:35 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Bet cal don’t sleep good tonight, he will have to keep watch in the front yard for people trying top put up for sale signs . It’s Tubby time!!!!

49. James
    10:35 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

ESPN has announced a new series called Kentucky Basketball: All Access….DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50. Rixter
    10:36 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

47 the kind of fan that likes good basketball.

51. Jerk
    10:36 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I have a clever name. That is all.

52. Brink
    10:37 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

40 That argument would work except 2 of our better wins of the year happened after his injury. Missouri and Floida

53. Laker Cat 18
    10:37 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

27. Minnesota beat 5 ranked teams this year along with a couple of other tournament teams. They deserve a bid way more easily than we do. Missouri had losses sure, but compare those losses to UK’s losses. They lost to Ole Miss twice, Florida, and UCLA (all tourney teams). We lost to Vandy, Georgia, and Baylor. Granted I don’t think Missouri should have that high of a seed, they should be in over UK in my opinion.

54. Rixter
    10:37 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

If you celebrate any part of the nit then your worse than IU celebrating losing to uk in the NCAA.

55. Time Will Tell
    10:38 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Cal began here. The season will most likely end here, Kids refuse to compete. In the late 1980’s UK went through some dark times due to sins committed under Fast Eddie. Some slow-white kids from the mountains were leftovers from those teams. Neither were athletic but over the course of the next few seasons worked hard and sold themselves to winning as a team. Neither would have ever seen the court had the circumstances been different. These 3 went on to provide the BBN with some memorable moments . No… They did not even make it to the final 4. But they played hard every second. THEY COMPETED! This year’s team failed. Hey! All the BBN asks is for our players to play hard and respect the name on the front of that jersey. Cal says this is a players first program. I agree but those players better not play their way into too many NIT’s. Cal may find out that UK is about the BBN! Ask Tubby and Billly G.

56. KYMOJO
    10:39 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Would I rather us be legit contenders in the NCAA Tourney than the NIT? Yes! Would I rather the boys have played better this season? Yes! Would I rather us have a huge run of national championships instead of 1 every now and then? Yes! Would I rather root for Louisville than UK because they are having a better season this year? HELL NO! I hope the team represents the team and state the best they possibly can. That’s all I can ask of them and all I should expect. GO BIG BLUE!!!

57. Joe Z.
    10:39 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

50 Fair weather fan??

58. Jerk
    10:40 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I sit back in my computer chair thinking that complaining on a message board will stop the memories of all those Catholic priests. But it won’t. All I wanted was a candy bar! *tears

59. Brink
    10:41 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

55 Missouri also lost to LSU and texas a&m and US head to head. so why again do they deserve to be there?

60. Blah
    10:41 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

52. So did some of the worst losses

61. Joe Z
    10:42 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

57) no a fan that wants players to play with heart. Like the 2011 team did when they weren’t as talented as this team

62. BigPerm
    10:42 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Cal has now taken 3 teams to the NIT. Wonder if UK will honor Cal next season. Quite the deal.

63. TrueBlue
    10:42 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, I guess that was what I was trying to get at #36. I hope it doesn’t change anything. I know it’s one season, but it could be enough to sway someone who might be having a hard time deciding.If for some reason we don’t land Randle or Wiggins and WCS, Goodwin, Noel and Poythress all go pro, then you could be looking at another season of ups and downs with no bench to aid as a teaching tool.
    I guess we find out on the 20th- hope we get Randle!

64. wth
    10:44 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

What the hell is wrong with some of you people? We had a team full of freshman and a sophmores. Just because they didn’t please you this year means uk should kick these guys to the curb,and give up on them. What happened to letting players grow up,and mature? How good was liggins after his freshman year? What about nazr, Harrellson, miller? I can go on and on. This is what can happen when a bunch of first year players get thrown into the fire. Last year is the exception not the rule. How many freshman are dominating college basketball this year? These kids have talent and maybe in the nxt couple years they will excel. Not every freshman or sophmore is an all american ready for the pros. I hope I’m not the only one that has a problem with a player staying 4years and DEVELOPING. SMDH!!

65. Jerk
    10:45 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Hey#42, wiltcher is a piss poor excuse for a baller, can’t guard a chair, stumbling bumbling slow as molasses in December. worthless useless careless dickless brainless balless bugeyed pile of monkey sh!t he is.. Where’s the Tylenol ??? That was my best chevy chase impersonation.

66. It's The Pope's Fault
    10:45 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Did you know that each time there has been a new Pope elected UK has missed the NCAA tourney that year? It’s the Pope’s fault…long live the current Pope!

67. Joe Z
    10:45 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

65) these kids aren’t staying. They played like crap and they will go get paid in the nba. That’s why I’m quitting on them

68. Rae
    10:46 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

42. I don’t think he will go so far as to completely change his strategy. That’s a UL strategy, and getting 4 4 stars every year will leave very little room for top talent since they will all be sticking around. Three classes of 4 4 stars would be 12 players, almost filling the scholarship limit. Switch your numbers. Instead of going after 1 long-term guy, like Willis, Wiltjer, Poole (who transferred due to playing time) and Orton/Bledsoe (Orton shouldn’t have gone and Bledsoe was a lovely surprise with his quick development) he will go for 2. Remember, Cal wants to spend a lot of time working with major talent, so he will always get more blue chips than blue collar, but two instead of one would be great.

Your idea is pretty much saying you want Pitino’s strategy instead of Cal’s. Pitino’s worked this year and Cal’s didn’t. This is the first time.

Also, most recruiting classes don’t have 7 guys. Most of Cal’s have had 4.

69. Brink
    10:47 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

65 exactly all these people are bipolar. One second they want everone to leave. Next they wan’t cal to take some 4* kids to develop for 4 years. How about keep some of the 5 star guys to develop for a 2nd or 3rd year.

70. Joe Z.
    10:47 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I agree. I’ve been unsatisfied with the effort of several players all year long. Win the NIT is not something that should be bragged about. No t-shirts or banners. But I still think you should watch and care about what the program does. Being a fan means of Kentucky is more and a year to year thing. Take the good with the bad, but support the university.

71. UKBlue
    10:48 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Going to the big dance isn’t our birthright even if we always think it is or should be, today was a big smack of reality. Fact is we didn’t deserve to get in this year, we sucked with Noel & without; right now is look in the mirror, gut check, humble our self time. Yes this season didn’t work out the way it was supposed to, but it’s 1 season; we have the best recruiting class coming in again with one of the best players more than likely going to make his commitment to UK Wednesday. Cal may not be able to say this, but I’m sure he’s thinking it; as God as his witness, what happened this season will never happen again. This season & not getting in the tournament should make the entire BBN appreciate last season even more.

72. wickedgood
    10:48 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

#63 big perm i know u do not have a message board for your team .so please get off your mama’s couch in the basement get a job and be a productive citizen so everone can stop being ashamed of your stupid remarks you make we do not have time for it and your parents are running out of time and money

73. Wild Blue
    10:49 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

Yes, this is a low point in UK basketball’s proud and successful history. However, there have been much lower times. Points shavings scandals in the 50’s, probation in the 80’s, and two horrific years of BCG. So, even though not making the NCAA hurts tonight it’s just a blip on the radar. Let’s keep this in perspective and remember UK has the resources, tradition, and fans to always bounce back.

74. The original Joe Z
    10:50 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

68 now that you’ve quit..don’t come back next season

75. bubbashine
    10:50 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’ll throw up in a bucket until Tuesday … But when I get off work Tuesday evening, I’ll cheer on my team in that crackerbox of a gym. We’ve had great times – last year – now it’s shitty times. No matter to a hardcore blue blood. I support the Big Blue til the bitter end.

76. Laker Cat 18
    10:51 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

59. Team 1 losses = UCLA, Ole Miss, LSU. Team 2 losses = Duke, Notre Dame, Baylor, Alabama, Georgia, Vandy. All other losses were mutual between teams. Both teams had 2 losses from NCAA tourney teams. Which one do you put in? Twist it however you want, Missouri deserved a bid over us.

77. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    10:51 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

If you think we had a tough time this year, what about Troy Landry and the boys on Swamp People?
    They only have a 30 day gator season and the first 5 days were wiped out by a hurricane.
    And, the affects of the hurricane caused a hugh fish kill which is keeping the gators from biting.
    Man, I am sweating it for Troy and the boys!!!

78. Ky Blue..
    10:52 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

#56 .. I can feel your passion and agree with you.

I just want to say thanks to everyone that has posted in support of our team despite the frustrations that this year has brought us. Go Cats!

79. Uk1c4Ou812?
    10:52 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

UVEL trolls out in full force. If they spent as much time cheering their team as they do trolling, maybe they would have 8 Championships also. muahaHahaha… Soon… soon…

80. world wide wes
    10:54 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’ve worked out a deal with the Miami Heat, the NBA and NCAA for Lebron to matriculate at UK beginning next for a two-year stint in the blue & white. Coach Cal is a close personal friend and Lebron hates to see him in this kind of position.

81. The original Joe Z
    10:54 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

77 why do that when that team will actually play good basketball?

82. StayInPennCal
    10:55 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

this is NOT what the hiring & (over-) paying of Calipari was supposed to be about when that fateful day occurred back in ’09….
    now, over the past 5 seasons, our beloved ‘Cats have appeared in two NCAA Final 4’s, winning of course the championship, butt have also been mired in mediocrity w/2 trips to the post-season NIT….

this just smacks of inconsistency, & NOT what paying those mulit-millions to Calipari was supposed to yield….in short, this is a HORRIBLE return on our investment, & a serious review and change is in order!!!

since this game is in Cal’s home area, here’s hoping that he just does us all a HUGE favour & just stays put up there!!!!

83. Tie will tell
    10:55 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I can just about guarantee you Polytress and Harrow will declare. Polytress to the NBADL and Harrow to a new collegecampus. Noel and WCS will be lottery picks in a weak draft. Goodwin was ready to leave 2 games into the season. Cal had to play these guys because he had no one else to come off the bench. Hope KW can get the concrete out of his shoes before next year!

Next season may not be season we all have been waiting for. Lack of bench, low post play and experience.

84. Tmack
    10:56 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I hope they play all their NIT games on road(1) because they don’t deserve the support of this wonderful fan base. Will be waiting for the 20th. This season is over as far as I’m concerned. Hope these kids get their heads on straight regardless of who leaves and who returns. Go BB

85. Joe
    11:01 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

85 & 88 so do you only support our players, assuming they’re good, or do you support Kentucky?

86. JLTCatFan
    11:01 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m as upset as the rest that this season turned out the way it did, but I think a majority of UK fans are completely off base with their mindset going into this post-season. I may be alone in this, but I honestly don’t think it’s a stretch to say that this team (Coach Cal included) is just as frustrated as we are, if not moreso. No team wants to lose. No team wants to disappoint their fans. And this team is no exception. These guys know that they royally blew it. I firmly believe this team wanted to win. They just couldn’t pull it together. It was a combination of a lot of things. And yes, the will to win may have been a large part of it. But that doesn’t mean they as players aren’t feeling as deflated as we are as fans right now. We are where we are not by any one person’s fault. Not Coach Cal, not one player individually. Coach Cal did what he could with a group of players who presented challenges he has never had to deal with before. I think it’s clear to see that between a number of physical setbacks, some uncoachable personalities, a lack of leadership and a whole lot of timidity, these boys–no matter how much they may have wanted it–just couldn’t will themselves to win.

When looking at the outcome since Nerlens’ injury, one thing is certain: These guys need fan support to accomplish anything. Every game we lost after Nerlens’ injury was on the road. They’re simply too young and too timid to will themselves to win. It’s unfortunate, yes. We all wish they had a little more drive in them. But the fact is, when they get down and there’s no one to pick them up, they fall apart. Now we can whine and complain about that all day, but that doesn’t change the reality of it. I seem to be the only one who still cares, but I certainly want this post-season to end on as positive a note as possible. And I think that will only happen when we see AND ACCEPT this team for what they are: a bunch of young players who need to be encouraged in order to be motivated. I just hope everyone can stop wishing we had a different team long enough to support the team we have and help them finish with as much success as possible.

87. StayInPennCal
    11:03 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

What I meant to say was: I don’t understand business and/or college basketball. I am sorry, my Aunt Flo is visiting.

88. Joe Z
    11:06 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

90 you’re not alone. Couldn’t have did it better. Go Big Blue!

89. Joe Z
    11:06 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

90 *said

90. Them
    11:07 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

why couldn’t they play in Memorial? is the better ky basketball team using it?

91. Ky Blue
    11:08 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

#90 .. Excellent posting!

It is sad to read all the negativity in the comments section, but you wonder how much of it is trolls trying to push everyone’s buttons.

92. Brink
    11:15 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

80 Not twisting it. You still havent justified why they are in and we arent. There is none.

93. Rae
    11:37 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

82. Cal hasn’t been here 5 years. You are saying get rid of Cal for 2 NITs in 5 years when he only caused one. I say his 3 year run was pretty dang good and this year an anomaly. So don’t make posts that your friends at CardChronicle are too dumb to realize don’t come from UK fans.

Just for giggles, what coach would touch a school that fired a NC winning coach after 1 season for anything but NCAA violations?

94. whatever
    11:51 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

I read this post…. and still won’t watch. On to 2014!

95. Denhunter
    11:58 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

UK has NO chance at beating this team. ZERO. NONE. This little Hooterville College has a crackerbox gym, with refs who have never had a shot at UK, and 3000 fans to see the greatest game they will ever play. They will be motivated, emotional and have a rabid crowd. We have nothing but guys who want it over.

So next week, will be hearing all about how far the Kentucky program has fallen. Jerry Tipton will be hospitalized for having an erection that lasts longer than 48 hours.

96. What's not funny
    12:57 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

That girl in the picture is serving 5-10 for that act…

97. CAUKFAN
    12:58 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Can you say; “LEARNING EXPERIENCE”! These kids are right where they belong and just maybe help drive home what Cal have been trying to teach them all year.

98. Chicago Chris
    1:09 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Well… this is an opportunity for incredible humiliation beyond what we’ve even experienced this year. I hope that provides some motivation.

99. Tmack
    1:19 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Humiliation for who us or them? You know how much crap I’ve gotten today not only from the ville, Hoosiers, and buckeyes! I can’t even defend myself from those miserable Cincinnati fans! I’m in hell lol

100. Tmack
    1:21 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

96 that is a great post! Still laughing for JT!

101. SnagglePuss
    1:49 am March 18, 2013 Permalink

Heavens to blue mist, this gym is snmall, tiny even uh. I’m uncaged, fiesty even uh. Where are those fighting Bob’s(How Colonial!!!)…..Let me at em…I’ll s. s. s. sufficate em even uh